Baylor University

« See more reviews of Baylor University

It is very Baptist. There is a lot of emphasis on godwill towards men and such. It is very diverse in the face there is a varied amount of haves and have nots, those who have to work hard to ensure a decent future for themselves and those who are there looking for the prospective spouses or there to have an experience and blow all of daddy's money. All in all everything really...set...here. It's not as open and willing to change and as an institution of learning and growing should be.

I feel that Baylor Universtiy offers a close knit community in the city of Waco, Texas. The universtiy offers many challenging classes all with phenomenal teachers. The campus itself is stunning and has a very welcoming feel to it. There are so many ways to get involved so easily on campus and in the community. Also, Baylor's science program and building is fantastic. I know that through Baylor's sciences I will succeed greatly throughout my journies in school and later on in life.

Compared to others schools I applied to, Baylor was unique in its size. I applied to several very big schools and several exclusively small schools. Baylor seems to have perfected the balance between. In both population and traditions, Baylor was the perfect combination of big and small. I got to experience the benifit of Big 12 conference football while taking classes with as few as 14 students. The size was something totally unique in comparison to other schools I applied to.

I chose Baylor because I was able to relate more to what this campus stands for out of all the other schools I visited as a senior in high school. Something I am fortunate to have at Baylor University is a strong pre-health field offering many opportunities to its pre-health students. Baylor University also has several ways for students to get involved with organizations and community service. Overall, Baylor is well rounded in many aspects a student desires in a university.

Baylor University is an unique university as it makes each student feel welcomed and included on campus, not just another face in a class. Many students have personal relationships with professors and stay in touch with them for years to come. I have found this rare among college campuses. Each student has the opportunity to make life long relationships with not only students but faculty as well, this is what makes Baylor University uniques compared to other schools.

Because I'm a Music Major (trumpet player) , I also had the opportunity to play in the marching band....my Mom convinced me to do this!!! I have had a blast playing for all of Baylor's football games and Basketball games. Just got sent to Indiana to play at the Women's Basketball Final 4 Games, all paid by Baylor and had the time of my life!!! Even if you don't think you can pay the tuition, just TRY! I'll never forget my Mom for encourageing me to do this!!!!

BAYLOR IS SOOOO MUCH FUN. it is the perfect balance of parties and academics. church and studying. drinking and simply having random fun times. everyone is here to learn and get an amazing degree but we have fun and let loose at the same time. people are sane..not too crazy but definitely not too boring. work hard. party hard. hot girls. hot boys. good churches. good concerts. boring city..but BAYLOR makes up for it. its not called a baylor bubble for nothing.

The most unique thing about Baylor University is that they strive to make a positive learning environment for all students, no matter who you are or where you come from. As a student you are the top priority and that is the way it should be. Another uniqueness about my school is that they offer several community service opportunities that allow Baylor students a chance to give back to the community and make a difference in our world.

Students and faculty are alot easier to approach, and always have nice things to say at Baylor. The campus is very green and has lots of open space. The music program is fantastic and the choirs are excellent. Also, there are many perks that come with being a Baylor student that you woudn't get in public schools such as free help with your laptop, wifi, tickets to the games, and lots of outdoor meals on-campus.

Baylor's uniqueness comes from its Baptist background. Most students come from a Christian background and have similar moral values. Its also unique because of its student population. Its large enough to offer diversity and for everyone not to know everyone else's business but still small enough to have good class sizes and for students to feel like they are getting the individual attention they deserve.