Becker College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Becker College

Jesselyn

Overall, Becker has a good sense of community. There are many different types of students that come from every walk of life that you can think of. The on-campus housing is fine on the Worcester campus but they need a lot more options on the Leicester campus. There is some off-campus housing in Worcester but virtually none in Leicester. The school it trying to become bigger, but it will take some time.

Madison

Our professors are always willing to help students and are super available. The staff everywhere is wonderful, especially in the cafeteria. Academics are strong but help is super accessible and the student life is overall pretty good. Living on campus can be difficult and eating at the same place can get boring but the staff does all they can to keep it interesting for us.

Nasir

It’s an amazing historical college that has an awesome media center and great professors!

Daniel

My overall opinion? It’s a community. Sure, most colleges can say the same. But looking at the teacher-student ratio and class size compared to the amount of students on campus, it’s very small. If I had to describe Becker College as one word, it would be community. The school is split into two campuses, and each campus has facilities that favor two of the more common and well-known majors at the university. Pre-Vet/Animal Science and Game Development/Computer Programming. Since the university is largely split among the two areas of study, then it is easy to find another classmate or individual to connect with. There is not much of a feel for isolation on either campus. While there are in fact some students who choose to be alone, they can easily find someone to talk to since they are surrounded by other students who most likely share the same passion. The environment in which both campuses are set in make it feel that much more of a community. One campus is set in a very nature-like area with tons of gorgeous views of the nearby woods. The other campus is much like a neighborhood and it is the closest I have ever seen to someone’s home. I did not care that the college lacked a party scene or fraternity/sorority lifestyle. I came for the same tight knit feel that I had gotten from my high school. I love the sense of community, I love the environment, I love how easy it is to connect to others, as well as connecting to the teachers.

Mikayla

An amazing college, but the funding is a little over the top. If you're in an iffy financial situation and can't get loans, I don't recommend coming here just yet. I made that mistake and now my family and I are as good as bankrupt. However, that being said, the atmosphere and education is to die for! The classes are small enough that you really get to know the professors, and they're always willing to help. The hands-on learning gives an excellent curve to the traditional curriculum, making learning much easier. Regardless of home background, social standing, political party, religion, etc., everyone is included in everything! Overall an amazing college, if not for the lack of proper financial help from them.

Mikayla

Khalil

The college looks cozy and is spread out like an actual town, giving you a feeling of living on your own. The staff seems nice, and from what i've seen they keep the place in good shape. The only thing I don't like is the school layout. It looks cofusing to get around but i'm sure thats just because i've only saw a tour of where I am going.

Thomas

Too many classes end up being taught online. On campus dining is terrible. On campus housing is less than desirable.

Hailey

At Becker College, you'll never feel not at home. From the small class sizes (with an average ratio of 16-1), to the fact that the dorms are in actual renovated victorian houses, you feel like you matter. Professors constantly take time for their students. With the small college feel its impossible not to make friends! Becker College is truly one of a kind.

Cameron

Becker College is a great university that offers both athletic and academic opportunities. This college is perfect for kids who like to be enrolled in schools that do not have a huge population of students. Becker College has great food, an array of sports, and friendly professors that are very accessible.

Laura

Becker is an amazing, niche school that offers a wide variety of classes within three sub-categories: nursing, veterinary, and game. While the courses related to your class are amazing, the non-related subjects can be very bad. The food is on the better side of mediocre.

Caitlyn

Becker is like no other college. The second you walk onto campus you instantly get this sense of belonging and family. The small classroom sizes make for a more intimate learning experience and the professors remember your name even semesters after you’ve had their class and that honestly makes such a big difference when you’re walking down the hall and your core professor from 3 semesters ago stops you to ask “Hey Caitlyn, how are things going?” Not only are the faculty amazing, but in the classroom, we are taught so much more than calculus and Anatomy and physiology. At Becker, they teach us how to get through interviews, write resumes, work on a team, how to ask for help, how to find your voice, and so much more. It goes far beyond the classroom here and I think that helps prepare graduates for the real world. There is so much pride in Being a Becker hawk… and we, as a community, take pride in helping others. Community service is something I hold very close to my heart and feel very strongly about. Becker provides so many opportunities to get involved and help the surrounding communities. No Impact is too small and with all the helping hands of the Becker Community, we make such a big impact. Just at the three orientation sessions alone, we packaged 33,000 meals for those in need in the Worcester community. Whether students or faculty, Becker and the Worcester community are two in the same and to be able to help and show we care for the communities we live in is so important. These are all just the tip of the iceberg, but moral of the story…I am so proud to be called a Becker Hawk.

Amara

Becker is a very small but welcoming community. Everyone takes in freshman like they're long lost family members and seeks to help in any way they can. The smaller class size enables a lot of professors to be one-on-one with students, allowing for an easier learning environment for me. The first year housing is not as clean as it could be, but there is a maintenance and janitorial team that is available by email.

Eleanor

This is my top choice college for a reason! The program that I'm wanting to go into is the Bachelor's program in veterinary technology. The facilities and class size in this major are perfect. There is a fully operational on-site vet clinic open to the public so lots of learning is hands-on and able to give students real-world experience! I hope to be able to attend Becker College!

Jaheem

I would like to start off by saying many aspects of this school are great. The teachers are very helpful and work with you. My issue is with the rest of the staff. I transferred from a community college to go to becker and my transfer advisor didn't tell me until the end of my 1st year that pretty much all of my other school credits didn't transfer which means i basically wasted my time there. The following year i had a balance on my account I couldn't pay until the end of the semester. They put me into collections before the semester was even over. I work 20 hours to pay for rent and I go to school full time and the biggest problem I have is that when i told financial aid i could pay the balance over the summer they told me that was fine but apparently, it wasn't because i put into collections. I was later told financial aid doesn't know if I get put into collections or not that would be student accounts but if i mentioned paying in the summer how hard would it have been to advise i call student accounts to make sure that was okay. Overall nobody communicates in that building. Not to mention they had the wrong address where they were sending the invoices so for months I didn't even know about the bill but that wasnt there fault even though i updated them when i moved. Im here working my butt off to pass my classes and give it all i got but because of poor communication im the one at fault.

Jackie

At the start of my arrival of Becker College, it was rather nerve racking and overwhelming. It was such a huge transition from being a simple high school student to a full fledged college occupant, but soon I became accustomed to my environment and everything just fell into place. The college's facilities were not by any means high class or top notch, but it was comfortable to say at least. But what makes Becker College worth while is its staff and faculty, who are very down to earth and supportive of their students. So overall, I believe that Becker College is a good experience and worth the time to attend.

I am an incoming Freshman and could not be more excited about joining the Becker community. I am looking forward to making many new friends. I will be majoring in Veterinary Technology and am so excited. I love all of the professors and feel that they will provide me with all of the academic support I will need to be successful here. I am also on the cheerleading team and am really excited to be a part of such a positive and welcoming team.

Skyler

I think that Becker puts a lot of focus into certain majors, which makes sense because they are the majors that it is known for. I think that they should listen to how students feel about how the professors are teaching them because sometimes an entire class may fail a class and the school doesn't seem to do anything about it.

Katelyn

I love it. It's certainly not for everyone, but that's why it's so special. 99% of the students here are completely judgment free and are willing to talk to you and be there for you even if you've never spoken in your life. I am a tour guide, and I'd like to think I'm among one of the most transparent tour guides when it comes to my opinions on the school. There is something for everyone here, and we encourage students to pick their best fit, whether at Becker or elsewhere to help the student thrive the most.

Sonia

Becker college is a great school but it has it's disadvantages. I feel that they try hard to keep up to date on the current student life. However, There is many improvements that can be made. Overall. the school isn't bad and the students are great. This is a great school for someone who wants a small (1-2 thousand students) college experience.