Bethany, WV
Bethany College-Bethany

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Bethany College-Bethany

Victor

5 ✨✨✨✨✨🌟🌟🌟🌟

5 ✨✨✨✨✨🌟🌟🌟🌟

Dalton

Bethany College is a tremendous small college perfect for people who value tight social connections and small town/college vibes. Professors love interacting with students out of the classroom as you can often find yourself eating with a professor. We have a variety of clubs on campus to suit anyone's taste and offer active Greek life, sports, and honor societies. Not to mention one of the few college's in the states recognized for their undergrad oral and written comps, putting a Bethany degree above many.

Kaitlyn

Bethany College is a college of National Distinction and a place I call home. Once you walk on campus, you know this is a place you want to call home for the next four years. Being a senior, the small class sizes and the availability of the professors helped me tremendously over the years. Bethany has also helped me receive many leadership roles as I'm involved in Varsity softball, and being the president of the Panhellenic Council and my sorority Phi Mu. I highly recommend Bethany and wish to see new students on campus. #OneBethany #RollBison

Tatum

Bethany College is a small and welcoming school. It is very historical with old buildings and statues. The students take big pride in their school and give it a good reputation. It is located in Bethany, West Virginia. It gets very cold and it is hilly. Lots of walking! If you aren't a nature person, I would not recommend the school. Overall, I love it! The roads need to be paved.

Bethany College was one of my first choices when I was deciding where to attend college because of its small class sizes and friendly professors. I was also very interested in the athletics since I am currently a volleyball player here at Bethany. All in all, Bethany has become my home away from home.

John

I would tell myself that the most important thing you can build in college is a network of people that care about your future. One professor that takes an interest in your success can open doors you didn't even know existed. A recent example of this comes from when I was figuring out what I wanted to go back to school for. Linguistics interested me, so I conversed with a few linguistics professors at the University of Minnesota to get a better feel for what a linguist does. During those conversations I started some friendships that are going to help me greatly throughout the rest of my college career. Many of these professors have ties to amazing schools (MIT and UCLA are two examples) and they have already offered to help me get into grad programs at these schools if I wish. They have also offered to show me syllabi for past classes and one professor even lent me books I could study over the summer. It's so hard to predict the power of a friendship. Especially when you branch out and make friends with people that have different skills and stations in life from yours.

Jeremy

A liberal arts education with a Victorian veneer.

A liberal arts education with a Victorian veneer.

With what I know now, I would tell myself to work on my out-of-class assignments when they're assigned. I could get away with that in high school, but now it's a necessity that I complete them with the utmost punctuality. I would also encourage myself to start applying for as many scholarships as I could as soon as I could, because then I might not be having the financial problems I am.

People who try to force others to act like them.

I would give myself the advice to not stress about where you are going to school and what is going to happen when you get there. I was very nervous when I went away being that it was the first time that I had been away. I think I would have enjoyed my first couple weeks of school a lot more if I ust would have relaxed. You will meet new people, some that you will like and some that you will not. I shouldn't have been afraid to not meet anyone because you are constantly meetin new people. I think that incomoing freshman just to relax and enjoy thier time and college and not stress too much about it.

The worst thing about our school is the internet. It is not very reliable and it is sometmes hard to get work done without it. There are some places on campus that you can not access the internet.

I think all types of people should attend this school. This is becasue our school, even though very small, has a lot of diversity to it. We have a lot of people from other countries. Also it is a very smal school so people who like that fit in well and people who are from a larger area get to experience the small town feel.

Kellianne

Our school is best known for it's comprehensive education program. Students are allowed freedom within their curriculum to take classes that interest them and design a major that fits their interest. The professors at this college want their students to thrive and are always looking to help thier students out.

Kellianne, do your homework. Homework seems so simple and mundane but take that extra twenty minutes to fill out the worksheet. Take an hour and read the history text, the study guide, the inside flap of your English novel. It is amazing at how big of a difference something so seemingly irrelvant can make. By doing your homework studying becomes easier and tests make sense! That is an epiphany you should have had years ago, and that you will have in community college, but please, if you can, have it now. Also, Remember to breathe, baby. Tyler not asking you to prom is not the end of the world. Timed ceramics projects, final calculus exams, being late to Ceramics for the first time in your life, etc., etc., etc. are all things you are strong enough to survive. Breathe and believe (in yourself), and you will succeed. I promise. Be nice to everyone you meet. You never know who they are or what they are going through. At this point, everyone is fighting different battles and you have the power to shape a person's view. Please do it well. Positive thoughts, positive energy, positive vibes.

The type of student that should apply here is one who looks to get the most out of college. Outside of what the college provides, there is not a lot of social activity around to participate in. The college is secluded and quaint and is seeking hard working students who are looking for a comprehensive education that will prepare them to work in their future field.

Christopher

start out well take up to the max credit every simester so you can graduate with ease. make sure you study hard and always give it 100% and finish your workstudy ontime at least when school is ending so you wouldn't have to stay the summer working it off.

a person that likes small classes and isolation for no distraction

the most frustrationg thing about the school is how far everything is liike the actual hospital stors and the fact that the school is very small

Bethany College-Bethany administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.