California Baptist University

« See more reviews of California Baptist University

The advice that I would give my younger high school senior would have been to have done better in school and not gotten poor grades in math. I would have taken the opportunity to having gone to California State University Fullerton and to leave off campus on my own. I would have looked for a stable job and interships in the meantime, and I would have chosen History as my major right away.

If I could go back in time and give myself as a high school senior advice it would most definitely be to study harder and learn new study habits because college is not a breeze. I also would tell myself to try and get a higher GPA to get academic grants and play a sport to help get some scholarships that way. Also i would make sure I put in more time doing scholarships than I did at work.

In a couple of years you are going to figure out that you are going to be majoring in kinesiology, so there is no need to take any buisness classes. You need to do your best from the very start in order to maintain a good grade point average. Try to maintain a healthy balance between academics, socialization, and sports; this will be an environment that you will be able to thrive in.

If i could go back and give myself advise about what college i would tell myself to not get so emotionally involved. i spent so much time investing in the life of my high school friends that i didnt do as much studying as i could have. Also i would have told myself to get better grades because once you get to college it pretty much all rides on how you did in highschool.

I would give myself three simple tips: college is expensive, study, get involved. If I knew how expensive college really is, I would have tried harder to get scholarships or do better on my SAT's. I would have studied more in my first semester of college if I knew how easy it is to fall behind. I would have also gotten way more involved so I could make more friends.

Although it is hard to live far away from your family, you really learn how to be on your own and you really grow as an adult. I've learned that this was the best option for me because I've become more independent than I could ever imagine! It's been great living far away from my family even though I hate not being able to see them like I used to.

It is important to find an environment specific to the student. Being comfortable in the environment in which you attend college is key. The student should be able to successfully study while enjoying themselves and their surroundings. Also, the student should have the resources and activities available to them that are most important to them.

i would travel back in time and tell my self to save every penny. in the time before college i can not even imagine how much money i spent on junk and fast food that could have been used to educate myself and prepare me for a better future. i would also tell myself that life gets better after high school and that everything is going to be okay.

i would tell myself not to procrastinate. Procrastination is a very bad habit and one should get rid of it as soon as possible. I tend to do all my work at the last minute possible because I feel as if I learn best like that. However, I would tell my high school self to start doing my homework and studying earlier rather than later.

To parents: Keep in mind the wishes and desires of your child. If they are not fully satisfied with the college they end up at, the chances of them succeeding and striving to do well are rare. To students: Follow your dreams. If there is something you seriously want to pursue, then go for it! You'll never know if you don't try!