California State University-Sacramento

« See more reviews of California State University-Sacramento

My advice for California State University students is to never give up, study a whole week before a test and not to miss any days of school. Don't let a teachers personality or teaching style be a negative influence on you. Study hard and stay away from being lazy because you will regret it. Always be positive, strong willed, and enthusiastic and you will get ahead of everyone else this way. Don't let an "f" or a bad experience hinder you, get above that and you will build persistence, strength and character that will guide you toward success.

Sac State is best known for our Criminal Justice program and its "commuter" status. Many students live locally and drive to campus which makes parking difficult during some parts of the day. Some programs, like Design, pre-law, pre-med, and pre-nursing, are very difficult to get into, but the limited programs are very effective for those that get in. Sac State has been impacted before, which makes getting classes needed for a semester very difficult sometimes. Many students are placed on wait lists and a spot is never guaranteed.

Sac State is known for its criminal justice program. People come from all over to try to get into the criminal justice program. Following that the nursing program is extremely popular as nursing is becoming a very highly saught out major. Sac State is one of the few schools that offers a bachelors in nursing. Therefore, many people apply. Sac State is known for its diversity. Sac State is a commuter school. Sac State makes an awesome school for networking through all the people one meets as the years go by.

Honestly, Sac State isn't known for much. That is one thing I would change about this school. There is not really a sense of community. Being a Hornet doesn't mean much to most students in my opinion. Athletics do not recieve much support from students nor do clubs and activities. I transferred from Virginia Commonwealth University where our basketball team made it to the Final Four. I had never felt more apart of something bigger than myself. I miss going to a school that had such a strong identity.

California State University-Sacramento is best known for its prime location. Situated roughly between San Francisco and Tahoe, CSUS is a great place to learn with plenty of opportunities. Being minutes away from the central hub that is downtown Sacramento, CSUS students get a up close and personal look at the political arena that shapes the great state of California. Also, many major companies have offices in Sacramento and they look to the graduates of CSUS when they need to fill vacancies.

CSUS is best known for its top education value. A third of students receive financial assistance and student fees remain the lowest among the nation’s tuition fees. With the rising cost of public education, CSUS fight to stop ridiculous fee increases. Not only is CSUS one of the most affordable education, but it is also located in the capitol of California in Sacramento, which is also one of the most affordable metropolitan cities with its diverse communities and recreational areas.

Sacramento State University is a great school. I will be starting in that school in Fall of 2013. It is best known for the all the people who work hard to graduate from this school and all the different ethnic people that go to this school. This school is filled with people with all sort of different backgrounds. It makes it unique because all of those people come there with one mission which is to graduate for a better future.

I believe that my school is best known for the education club that it has. This club is huge and is a great way to make connections for your future as a teacher. This club is a branch of the California teachers club. They arrange book drives for local schools as well as raising money for the local schools in need. They even go to schools and offer tutoring to students and help out with fundraisers at the schools.

CSUS is a commuter school. Most students do not live on campus. I studied Child Development during a time when early care and education classes at the community colleges and the child development classes at CSUS were very disconnected. Today there is a bridge between the two types of colleges whereby the practices taught at the community colleges and theory taught at the University are very closely tied together.

Sacramento State offers many programs for it's nursing, engineering, and psychology students, as well as great student facilities such as a full scale gym, helath clinic, and the Student Union. However, the most valueble asset is the professor/student connections that are made. The averate teacher to student ratio is relatively low, so students have more opportunities to personally meet thier professors.