California State University-Sacramento

« See more reviews of California State University-Sacramento

The new housing facility and fitness center at school are two great new additions. The new apartment style resident hall is similar to a fancy hotel. The fully furnished apartments include a kitchen and a living room. When students live here they have the option to have their own bedroom, or they can have a roommate. The eco-friendly building includes paint, carpet, and cabinates all from recycled materials along with water conserving faucts and shower heads. I also brag about the freshly paved bike path that provides easy access to campus and travels as far as Natomas lake.

California State University is an outstanding school. Even as a freshmen I am able to be involved within the campus and outside of the campus through the community. Also, CSU Sacramento has an excellent teaching credential program which will help prepare me for the teaching field as a Special Education teacher. Each course at Sacramento State is designed to help the students succeed and to be more equipped for the career and job world. The University is created in a way that allows students to be aided in a direction that best fits their personality and way of life.

Sacramento has the highet number of trees per capita than any other city in the world next to Paris, France!! It's a beautiful suburban campus and the small class sizes allow my professors more one on one time with me. I've only been at Sac state for a semester, but already I've developed a personal relationship with my professors in my field. It's pretty cool to be able to chat with your professors if you bump into them in a grocery store. Plus my classmates are just as passionate as I am about applied mathematics.

I brag about the newly constructed Wellness Center that is available to students. It includes a health center and pharmacy, a rock-climbing wall, full fitness/work out equipment, an indoor gymnasium, indoor pool, and much more. It's a place where you can meet friends to work out, as it is motivational to work out with a friend. It is also convenient because there are showers and lockers so that I can visit the center in between classes. It's really just the best way to meet people outside of the classroom setting.

Sacramento State University is pretty diverse with a lot of clubs and organizations to join. If you get involved with they school, you will not regret it & it will make you more connected with many people. It's also very fun and live, meaning that many campus events take place and make all the students smile. The reason I chose to go to this school is because they have the best criminal justice department on the west coast. This is definitely the place for me given my career interests; and for other majors as well.

What I brag the most about my school is that I saved lots of money and the reason I say that is because I am currently living at home with my father. By choosing to stay here, I feel that I saved lots of money by staying in Sacramento and I can suport my family. However, I do brag about the benefits and rewards that Sacramento State has to offer. The university has many programs and help serivces that can help students achieve a successful education and make it less stressful for students to achieve an education.

The fact that my school is rich with a culturally diverse student body. I think it is great that we are exposed to many walks of life. It gives me a chance to become educated about others and what kind of backgrounds we come from. We as the student body are liberal for the most part and I think that there is a minimal amount of racism here. I for one think that is great because it is people that make the world go round especially when we depend on each other and communicate to acheive common interests.

I brag about the programs Sac State offers. While many state universities have joint doctorate programs (Sac State has a joint doctorate program with UC Santa Barbara) Sac State is the only state university to have an independent doctorate program. Sac State also offers a lot of programs that help different populations for example Guardian Scholars for foster children and Veterans Success for Veterans. Sac State wants to ensure everyone has the opportunity to make it and have support while they attend.

I was nervous to go from a community college to a University because I was told that the interactions of students with the Professors were rather non-existent. I have found the complete opposite at CSUS! The staff of Professors here are supportive, engaging, and sincerely want their students to be successful. The support that is offered at this campus is key to the success for any student that might be away from their home family or community and is ready to fulfill their educational career goals!

Oh, by far I talk about the musical opportunities. This is because I'm a music major and it matters alot to me that I have so many options there. Every semester I participate in opera and/or choir, and over my years there I've gotten to sing everything from operetta to Baroque to Commedia dell'Arte. Also, I've received the chance to work as a stage manager for the music department and this has increased my knowledge of the music business that much more and has an incredible experience.