California State University-Sacramento

« See more reviews of California State University-Sacramento

The most frustrating thing about this school is that it gets a little tough to find classes during registration. Upperclassmen have priority over freshman so sometimes, the freshman are not able to get the classes and units they need. Even though that is the case, people around campus are of assistance but not all the time. College is definitely the place where you have to grow up immediately and basically fend for yourself. It just takes some getting used to.

The most frustrating thing about this school is the expensive tuition fees that were increased 32 percent last semester. This decision affects every student in varying degrees but nevertheless it impacts studentds academically, financially and emotionally. It should be mention that the spring semester of 2010 could not accept application to enroll due to the fiscal problems and thus turning away many prospective and bright potential students.

The increase of the tuition is the most frustrating thing about my school. This discourages students who are not able to afford coming to school to chose a cheaper school or not go to school at all. Also, now that books, supplies and school materials are high price of books, it is not affordable at all. With the tuition increase this leave students with less financial aid, discouragement for higher education, and stress to be placed upon them.

Right now the most frustrating thing about my school is the fact that students are charged more each semester to attend the school. Textbooks and fees are always rising and it is becoming unaffordable to most students. On average, I spend about $500 to $600 dollars a semester on textbooks and supplies for my classes. This is outrageous! In one of my classes, I spent $150 dollars on a textbook that the class didn't even use once.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that the some staff in the financial aid office and the student financial service center seem so incompetent in providing a detailed answer to your questions. Worst yet, sometimes I even get an attitude from the staff for simply asking a question. Moreover, registration for classes has been more and more competitive over the years, causing me to be anxious as the time to register comes.

Attending CSU Sacramento is a struggle for me. I am a mom to a four and half month old baby boy and I live about an hour and a half away from Sacramento. It frustrates me that I have to commute so much every week to go to the school I want to attend. People wonder why I don't just move out there, and I tell them it is because I help my mother out financially and in return she takes care of son while I am at school.

Finding parking is pretty frustrating. There is a small parking lot in the front of the school and three parking structures. Two of the smaller ones fill very quickly and are completely full by 9am. The largest parking structure in the back of the school always has parking, but the walk to class is slightly longer. Although somedays you have to compromise on where you park, it's not nearly as bad as it could be.

As a wheelchair user, some of the old buildings at the schhol do not have accessible doors. I just hope that in the near future they will be able to install accessible door buttons for each buildings. It's always frustrating when you have to wait for some one to get the door for you. I really appreciate it but there are some things in life that you could do on your own. For instance, opening a door for yourself.

I was a transfer student and most activities for 'new students' are driven towards freshmen. It seems difficult for transfer students to penetrate the social circles. A lot of the other transfer students i have talked to aren't involved in the school at all, nor do they have any desire to, nor are they encouraged to. People who have attended since they were freshmen aren't as welcoming to 'outsiders'.

The most frustrating things about my school is that sometimes when you are running late for class and you don't have much time, you can't find a place to park. Even though there are three parking structures on campus and countless parking lots, everyone seems to like to have classes that start at 9:00 AM and if you are running late, it will be hard to find a place to park and get to class on time.