Chapman University Top Questions

What are the most popular classes offered?

Which classes are popular depends on what major you have, and I can't address all of them. In general though, General Education courses are difficult to get into. Some of these include International Relations, Intercultural Conflict and Communication, French class, public speaking, Mediation Conflict Resolution, Environmental Science, and any of the classes that involve disney. In addition many of the sports and dance classes are difficult to get into like; yogalates, ballroom dancing, swing dancing.

There are few classes that every person at Chapman wants to take. We are all so dedicated to our majors that we rarely step outside to take random classes that have nothing to do with our major or minor. However, there are a few popular classes. Public Speaking is one of the most helpful and interesting classes I have taken. It taught me a lot about communication and getting over any fears of speaking in front of large groups of my peers. Another popular class is Gender and Sexuality. This is taught by a fascinating professor and many of my friends have greatly enjoyed this different yet interesting class. Health and Well Being is a popular psychology class. It teaches students how to keep a positive perspective on life and how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Students participate in yoga, meditation, and hikes in place of a few class periods.