Vancouver, WA
Clark College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Clark College

Austin

Clark College is a place for exploring your unique identity and understanding the world around you.

I see myself sitting at home quietly studying. I still have a week before the test, but I?m never unprepared. I can see that I haven?t changed too much, at least academically, which is a good thing of course. Now I watch myself from afar as the teacher secretly grins and politely lies the graded mid-term on my desk. As I am about to turn over the paper, I am whisked away to one of the many volunteer activities for the local youth I help with. As I watch myself defending a young boy from a flying dodge ball, I am again drawn away to the view of a glorious sunset on the not-so-aromatic Vancouver Lake. The water would have been perfect, but the mirror was warped by the tiny ripples of my scull streaking through the sheen of the disappearing sun. Finally, I see myself looking back at me. I tell him, ?I?ve seen your future. Keep doing what you?re doing, and you will transition well. Also, remember this: soda is expensive in college. Quit now!? He chuckles, knowing that he?ll soon be in the same position saying the same words.

If you are looking for an on-campus living experience, this is not the college for you.

Meghan

Honestly, I have not been going to the school long enough to have a worst thing about it.

If I could go back and give myself advice about college I would say to be open to new things. I would tell myself to not be so set on one particular area of study. I would say to explore different options and see which areas interest me the most. But I think most of all I would tell myself to make sure that I have fun. No matter what I choose to study, make sure that I enjoy it. Don't worry about what other people may think, simply enjoy every moment that you are given.

Geoffrey

Anyone could attend Clark., but it's especially good for running start students, people who don't have enough money to afford going to someplace like WSU, and anyone who's interested in furthering their education.

Because of the enormous student population at Clark and the limited number of classes and class sizes for certain programs it can be difficult to get into certain classes. Human Anatomy and Physiology, for instance, fills up pretty quickly. And if you need the class as a prerequisite it can get pretty frustrating. But the registration system is designed to favor students who have more credits, so if you've been full time for a while you're more likely to get into the classes you need; you just need to have the patience to stick it out.

First and most importantly, I would tell myself to get started on financial aid, scholarship and grant applications as soon as possible and stick with it. It is all well and good to support yourself entirely out of pocket, but that gets wearisome after a while, and it is far better to accept as much help as you can while you can. Second, I would tell myself to start working on prerequisites to the nursing program before too long so it doesn't take longer than necessary. The last bit of advice I wold impart to my past self would be to keep my eyes open for new and better job options. There is nothing wrong with the job I've had since graduation high school: it is enjoyable, straightforward and has decent enough pay that I've been able to carry myself through college thus far. But it is always a good idea to find a job in your area of interest and fast food is not as close to the medical field as would be beneficial for me in that respect. But above all else, remember that life is a journey, not a race to the end.

sierra

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior i would tell myself to do exactly what i am doing now. I am a high school senior right now but instead of staying at my high school i am going to the community college earning college credits along with high school credits so that when i graduate with my high school deploma in june i will be one quarter away from having my 2 year degree, my AA from clark county community college. so talking to myself right know i tell myself to keep pushing and keep striving to do good in school and earn the best grades i can possible get.

i wish i would have known how much responibility you must have for yourself and how much self disapline one must have. most teachers do not take role and they do not bug you about your homework. they believe that you are here for a reason and that you are paying to learn so you should be the one making sure that you get what you need to do done with out them telling you and reminding you constantly

all of my classmates are very diverse, whether in race or in age they are all different and bring different aspects to the class.

Chance

My school is best known for providing affordable tuition for the working parent that is looking to gain skills for a better future. Clark is located where it can serve both the greater Vancouver area and northern Portland.

I would encourage myself to take as many college courses as possible while still in high school because college courses are free at this time. I would have also advised myself to enroll in college directly out of high school to take advantage of the two year scholarship that was available to students in the top of the class. Many colleges grant enrollment seniority to those with the most credits, so the more credits you have the better.

Clark College is the perfect college for the working adult. Many evening classes are offered and all classes transfer over to WSU Vancouver. Clark College also has a couple different satellite campuses.

The most important piece of advice that I can give you as a high school senior, is always plan ahead. You may think that you are prepared now but you really need to think about who you are as a person and think about what you want to do and what you think is good for you not what others want for you. When you are in college, really think about the classes you want to take. You may think that you need to please others but that is not true, do what you want to do and don?t care about what others think. College is a hard but no matter what never give up and make sure you always work as hard as you can. Never give up just because you think you can not do something, you are just as smart as anyone else, you just may need to work harder than others. Also always work ahead, that will get you were you won?t stress out so much.

Maureen

I would tell myself to fill out as many scholarship applications as I could. I would also tell myself that I would need to use and schedule my time wisely.

Any person that wants to get an education of some kind. This would be a good school for parents or people who want to get back on track with their lives. This school is wonderful for those who aren't quite sure what direction to take yet.

I think that it still has a high school atmoshpere to it. It might be an easier transition for high school graduates to the college way of things.

Tommy

Well Clark was my first choise since i am still in highschool, about to graduate, i took the oppurtunity and sacrificed alot of free time into college so i could get ahead in my career. But choosing to go to Clark College was a great benefit and blessing.

I think the biggest thing i would say to myself is DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!! why are you wasting time sitting around and doing nothing with your life, just pretending to be cool, sitting in the back of the class room. Not doing your homework, not studying. I saw that i wasted so much time that i could have put into my career, and chose my career instead of waiting for it to pop up in front of me. I didnt want to work in a fast-food place, i want a career that i can wake up and love to do the job i do!!! - Thats probably the biggest thing, dont waste your time, and your life on silly things, think of the future, because you dont know the day you might not be on this earth anymore.....make today count and tomorrow even better.

I think the best thing about Clark is the Environment, and the people here. Everyone is kind and is here to learn and also have fun. Many of the teachers here that i have took are great, Lively teachers that dont want you to waste your life.

Lea

My school is known for having a high rate of graduating students every year. The school has many areas of study to get you going in the right direction. It has a beautiful campass many areas to relax and study between classes.

I would tell myself to branch out and be more open and not so shy. That talking to others actually is not that bad. Asking a teacher for help is really easy and they do want to help you. Just dont worry so much.

Clark College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.