Clemson University

« See more reviews of Clemson University

Knowing what I know now, what would I say to the highschool senior version of myself? I would tell him to be clever as well as being intelligent and strong. I would tell him that no matter how hopeless and/or difficult a class or objective may seem, there is always a solution to solve the issue. I would also tell him to be careful, and not to let minor distractions become obsticals of his main objectives, as back then he was rather absent minded, something I still strive to improve on to this day. Most importantly of all, I would tell him to stay on the path he's currently on, that while it may be difficult and stressed, it is worth it, not only in terms of recieving an education, but also in building him as an individual.

Clemson University has taught me so much about myself and my abilities over the past year. I have learned to be more self-sufficient and figure out solutions for myself in certain situations. Clemson is an amazing school filled with wonderful people that are excited for their futures and this school does an excellent job of preparing the future leaders of this country. This school is a great balance between work and play, there are so many opportunities at Clemson to get involved whether it be a fraternity/sorority, religious organization, academic group, or volunteer group, there is something for everyone here! I can't imagine myself anywhere else! I am so happy at Clemson and would recommend this school to anyone!

The only advice i have for parents is to support your kids. Just point them in the direction and let them make their own decisions in life. We are'nt in high school anymore, let us have some freedom. I have plenty of advice for students. Stay in a dorm freshman year. Although it may not be the nicest place to live, you will make life long friendships and become more involved with the school. Also, do your homework first, then go out and have fun. You will have more free time than you know what do do with as long as you prioritize. Dont skip classes, college is not difficult as long as you keep up with assignments and dont lose focus. Most universities have more clubs than the US open, join a few.

I would advice myself to take matters more serious, high School is a pivot place for new oportunities. I would also try really hard to get straigh A to be able to take advantages of all the scholarships the goverment offers. Even though the High School Period is a transition from childhood to young adult, with hormones changes, and responsabilities if i would have Known how important my performance was I would really have made some changes. Another really important advice I would give to Myself, Would be to get to know myself a little bit to be able to identify my Kinesthetic learning style. At 24 years old was when I found that I'm a Tactile-kinesthetic learner, I just wish I had knew that earlier.

I would give myself the advice to be myself, not worry about popularity, and to dedicate myself in all aspects of school. I would seriously want to take more part in high school activites and apply myself more in class. I always did great in high school, but would want to put more emphasis on the importance of school becuase you are on your own in college and the more you apply yourself the better off you are. I would apply myself more to school on an AP level so that I was ahead for college. I would give my self the advice to participate in student government and aspects of leadership ooppurtunities. These bits of advice would be a more sturdy foundation for me to have when I entered college.

I would advise the parents and students to visit the campus since the student(s) will spend 4 or more years there. The memories you take with you from college lasts a lifetime. Therefore, you would want to visit the school to see how the students, teachers and even the local environment interact. When it comes to making the most of your college experience, I suggest that the student(s) talk to their professors early in their college career to not only build relationships but to also gauge if the chosen major or area of study is right for them. Both students and parents would not like the students to spend longer than the required time in college since the tuition rates have been rising.

I would tell myself not to worry about what others think all of the time, and just be proud of having friends that love, care, and support me in all my decisions. I would tell myself to seek God more and not waste my life away like many high schoolers do. Judging others in high school was something I uncontrollably did, and I realize that everyone comes from different backgrounds unlike my own. One major advice I would give myself would be just to love. To love everyone when I am angry at them and when I feel like they are wrong. Other than those few things I would tell myself to continue what I am doing with sports and academics because I believe I had a great high school experience!!

When you arrive at the correct school for you or your child, you all will know. When I came to Clemson for the first time, I took a campus tour in the pouring rain. In spite of the weather, I fell in love. My Mom told me that if I can love a place when it's raining, I will love it even more when it's sunny. From that day on, I knew Clemson was where I was meant to be. To make the most out of the college experience, I think it is important to get involved on campus. By doing so, you are able to meet and learn from many different kinds of people. It is also important to never take a single day for granted because college is supposed to be the best four years of a person's life!

Most important is academics. Don't settle for any school that doesn't have the exact major you want. Check out the class sizes and professors, and get opinions of students, and not just what the brochures tell you. Ask if the professors are native speakers your language. Look at housing, on and off campus, and see if it is within a reasonable distance from campus. You want to make sure you won't be miserable, with long commutes, and large class sizes with no personal attention from the professors. When you're on campus, find activities and get involved. Meet your professors and make sure they know you by name. Don't let any opportunity pass you by. Study hard and have fun!

When you are trying to find the right college, make college visits. While you are on campus, watch how the students interact with one another. At my college people greet one another, hold doors for each other, and are courteous to one another. If that's not what you are looking for, thats fine. Try and find the right atmosphere for you. You will certainly find a group you can fit in with anywhere, but some places its easier than others. In order to make the most of your college experience you need to get involved in things. Go to sporting events, join an organization, play on an intramural team. The more engaged you are the happier you will be with your experiene.