Athens, WV
Concord University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Concord University

My overall opinion of Concord University is that it is a great college to attend. I enjoy how the class sizes are not extremely huge or have too many people in them. This gives a better chance to have a better and closer relationship with the professor/get help from them.

Catherine

Concord is located in a small town, within a small county, and within a small state. This atmosphere may be difficult for some who come from other countries or far off states. Concord does not have a big city, big University atmosphere. The closest town, does not have a lot to offer either. There is minimal nightlife and shopping. The local town supports Concord students as well with discounts. What Concord does have is challenging academics and strong faculty, staff support for students. The faculty and staff really want students to succeed. There is a strong sports, and fraternity-sorority atmosphere. Concord does have events for students such as special guests, and activities. Concord has a strong Arts program. The international students have support here. Overall, it is a great school where you are not just a face and a number. The faculty and staff truly invest in students. You will learn here.

My overall opinion of Concord University is that it has a very safe environment surrounding the campus, however there are very few activities to be done (if you are without personal transportation). The class sizes are rather small, allowing each student to be heard, as well as giving each student equal opportunity to be heard by the professors.

Allicia

I believe Concord is a good school, though not for everyone because it's a relatively small school. I believe there has been poor oversight of finances recently and that a second look should be taken at what else can be done before classes/programs begin to be cut.

Heaven

Overall it is a great Unversity. I feel safe when leaving a building after studying until 3 am, great and kind staff, classes are small which allows students and professors to interact with each other. Could have better housing and food but overall a great university.

Concord University is a great school. It is the most beautiful school I have ever seen. The school has many things for their students to get involved in. Concord has a great business program and many other programs also. Attending Concord University has been the best idea I have ever made.

Holly

The most popular activities and groups are the sororities and the fraternities. As well as the basketball and football team. They are very popular and as I have heard, a lot of fun! Sororities and fraternities are probably the most important because it is such a small campus and a lot of freshman want to make friends quickly. It helps people identify who they truly are.

The academics here are very challanging, but the professors are wonderful in guiding me through everything when I need help. Just from my first semester here, I have noticed that my English and writing skills have improved, including my speech and confidence in broadcasting.

My classmates are fun and outgoing, they are always ready for a roadtrip or just to sit and hang out to just talk.

The most frustrating thing about Concord University is trying to talk to the staff and have your questions answered. Many professors are not avaliable during their office hours and even miss scheduled appointments. The administration is more worried about covering up problems the school faces instead of dealing with them. So if you need to talk to them about an issue, you never receive a straight answer.

Bibiana

It seems like just one year ago I was graduating from Townview High School, but it has been almost four years since then .When I look at my pictures I see a completely different person. I see a girl developing into a young woman with aspirations and goals, but confused at the same time. I am smiling and courageous and although I am still that girl, there are a few things I would change about my habits. To begin with, I would have organized myself and my schedule. I would have set alot more time studying intensely rather than watching my favorite shows. However, when you are 16 you dont think your decisions will affect you in the long run. If I would have taken more advanced courses, I would have college credits and saved money. I would also look to see what specific requirements they needed rather than to do everything last minute. I would have gotten a job in sophomore year to save money because now I work two jobs just to get by. Furthermore, I would have used my counselors and community more rather than think I could do everything bymyself for a big step in life.

Sierra

Concord University better know as the "Campus Beautiful" is set back in the hills of West Virginia.

Diverse, we have a good mix of individuallly unique students from all over.

"You did it, you've acomplished your biggest goal in succeeding in college, you know it, and I know it, we can do this."

Concord University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.