Bronxville, NY
Concordia College-New York

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Concordia College-New York

Andy

The best thing about Concordia is its size. It's small so you are able to know almost everyone including: students, teachers, and office workers. They are a wonderful bunch of people who care about your well-being and are always there to help you out. You become part of a family here.

Different students do interact at Concordia. I have become friends with a huge, diverse group of people. My best friend here is actually from Central America. Most foreigners that come here are really nice and friendly. In Business, we have a lot of group projects where we get to work with a diverse group of people. You are able to learn about the different cultural backgrounds each of them has. This is great because you are able to get a better view on life outside your own.

Concordia is an amazing school that I am truly going to miss once I graduate.

1. Partially true - Some sports students tend to have giant egos. Others that I have met have been really nice and talk to everyone, no matter what their status at the school is. 2. Not at all. The Fellows are smart, but they still know how to have fun. They are a diverse group of people.

The professors here are awesome! Being a Business major, I have come close to many of the Business professors. They always greet me with a smile. They all want you to succeed and help you in any way they can. Some of them make class a joy to be in. Others are serious during classtime, but this helps you to experience both types of people to prepare you for the real-world.

Before I came to Concordia, I joined the Facebook group for Class of 2011. I started talking to this girl who seemed really nice and just like me. Once I got to campus, I finally met here face to face. This girl became my roomate for the past two years and we are great friends. Another awesome friend I met was during classes. We had a lot of the same classes together and we just started bonding one day over an assignment in class. We became best freinds and always sign up for the same classes.

1. Sports students are out for themselves, very cocky, and do not converse with any non-sports students. 2. Fellows students are complete nerds.

Jordan

Concordia is a great small school. It is big enough were you can obtain a great education, and small enough were you can grow with the help of your friends and the faculty.

Many of the students here at Concordia are from New York, although our student body is made up of many different international students, mostly from asia and latin america. The students have some kind of defined groupings, but everyone pretty much hangs out with everyone else, even if they do not realize it.

No, I have found that many students want to help their school, but they just have trouble finding a way to do it.

Concordia may be small, but the professors at this school are very intelligent, and you will learn so much from them. Plus, because of the school's size, the professors also get to know the students which helps students to stay on trakc with their academics.

There are some great student organizations on campus; however, we do need more. The great thing about Concordia is that the administration is supportive of new groups that want to start up, so if we don't have what you are looking for, you can always get some friends together and make it happen.

The biggest stereotype that I can think of is that Concordia College Students do not care about their school.

Sasha

Concordia has the perfect size eventhough is considered to be a really small college. Everyone is really friendly, helpful and you just simply get a good vibe from the people at Concordia - including faculty and staff.

Before I came to Concordia I had never shared with such a diverse group of people like I do now. Concordia is truly a little world of its own because there are so many students (including myself) from abroad that it is just great to understand and learn from different cultures and values.

Concordia is a great college to go to! There is always something to do, even if its organized as an off campus activity with friends. People are incredible, and the experience you can obtain by attending a small college is just great!

Everyone at Concordia knows each other. Teachers know you by name and you are able to develop relationships outside classroom with your faculty by participating in the different events the college offers.

There are many clubs and organizations in school such as: commuter council, international club, dance club, cheerleaders and drama club. There are fraternities and sororities too. Since the college is fairly small, you can create your own group or organization in a matter of days, simply by asking SGA for assistance. Also, NYC is only 30 min. away, therefore on weekends it is easy to go hang out in the city with a group of friends.

wan't aware we had any, sorry :)

Jesse

The best thing about Concordia is the small student to teacher ratio that allows for close interaction between students and faculty. The worst thing is that it is very disorganized and does not appreciate its International students, financially or socially.

MOst students are middle class. It is like an extension of high school in that the same cliques still exist.

It has the potential to be a better school but its organisation is absolutely terrible. The longterm view is never really considered.

It describes about three quarters of the student population

The classes are generic, there is no extraordinary class. I hate the Concordia Distinctive, it is not used anywhere besides here.

Non-existant social life. There are rarely any activities.

The students are stupid and lazy, all they do is drink

Sam

I think that the school is too small, but that won't be something that is easy to change. The campus has no room to expand. I spend most of my time in the library or in my room because the teachers expect the best out of their students. Many students complain about how there is nothing to do on campus, but Student Government is working hard to come up with fun events that students will attend.

There is a wide variety of students at Concordia. It is almost impossible to not find a group of friends that you share many interests with. Most of my friends are international students because I enjoy learning their cultures and languages. However, I also hang out and associate with many of the commuters and other Americans. As I already said, it is very easy to find a group of close friends at Concordia.

There is a Concordia College Ministries house on campus. They host many events for students and faculty. They also take part in a good amount of volunteer work. This is a great way to get involved and you live in a house instead of dorms.

Partially. There are many International students that are very well off. However, there are also many people on the complete opposite end of the spectrum.

I love the academics here because the teachers give you all the attention that you want. They understand that the students are paying top dollar to attend this college, so they will give you the time and help that is necessary for success. The education prepares students for real world jobs. Instead of just learning facts, students engage in interesting classroom discussions on important topics related to the class curriculum along with current events.

There is not one sports team that is more popular than the other. Sororities and frats are not too popular either. Everybody just does their own thing and enjoys it. There are not too many parties, but most of the people enjoy going to clubs after a 25 minute train ride into Grand Central Stadium.

Many people seem to think that Concordia students are very wealthy because there are a substantial amount of International students and commuters from around this "rich" area.

Concordia is a very small school, and that has benefits and downsides. The biggest benefit is that you get to know everyone; the biggest consequence is that everyone will know everything about you. Make smart decisions and you will have a wonderful time here! We are located about 30 minutes from Manhattan, so there is always a variety of things to do and places to go. Ultimately, the Concordia experience is what you make of it.

Concordia is a very diverse campus, with students from all around the country and the world. You will meet people from all kinds of different places, and it's a very neat experience. Some people choose to be very involved on campus, and others choose to just go to classes. I've found it much more fulfilling to be involved all over campus, and in all the clubs and organizations on campus, there is a spot for everyone! All of the students are unique and important to campus, and many have become some of my closest friends.

Honestly, as with any other school, there are parts of Concordia that some people find undesirable. For me though, Concordia has become my true home away from home, and I don't know what I would do without the people I've met or the experiences that I've had here! They say that college is the best four years of your life, and that is definitely true at Concordia!

Yes! Concordia students are all wonderful people. I'm from 3,000 miles away and wouldn't have stayed out here if it weren't for the great students, faculty, and staff.

The great thing about Concordia being a small school is that every professor will know you - even some that you've never had! They know more than just your name, and they genuinely care about what's going on in your life. They're very willing to work with you, and are overall great people. You probably won't see a day that professors aren't eating lunch with students in the dining hall. Also, because we are a liberal arts college, every student is required to complete the "Concordia Distinctive" which is a list of general education classes that are helpful for graduate schools and life in general.

There are a variety of clubs and organizations on Concordia's campus ranging from Student Government to Greek organizations to ALHC (an International/Multicultural Club) to Music & Talent Club. The weekends tend to be quiet because many students go away, but those who stay here are friendly and enjoy spending time with one another, either relaxing, going into the city, or doing homework together. There is always something to do on campus - just ask your friends what they're doing and you will find something fun!

Concordia students are known for their dedication and their willingness to get involved in activities on and off campus. Most students have jobs at the school as well as part-time jobs or internships in the community. Our students coordinate many fundraisers to benefit charities and relief organizations.

Gracia

Concordia nurtures body mind and spirit and is a supportive environment for learning and making lifelong friends.

My college experience was beneficial to preparing me for what lies beyond the four years we spend at the educational insitution. I had two very educational internships and got hands-on experience in the field. I was able to take on leadership positions that promoted positive interactions with students across all majors and never had to worry about attendance at events. I entered the college as a transfer student and left with many lifelong friends. The professors offered support and were available for any assistance they could offer by answering any questions I had. Study groups were encouraged and helpful for test preparation. Overall it was a great experience!

The location! It gives you a nice balance between city and suburbs. It is conveniently located with access to transportation to get to NYC!!!

Michelle

If I was able to go back to my Senior year in high school and give myself advise about college life I would say relax. I remember that everyone was nervous; constantly on egde when talking about college decisions and tranisitions. I would have loved it if someone had just taken the time to tell me that no matter what happens it would be okay. I wish that I had someone to tell me that college is what I make of it, I can make it great or horrible, that I hold the keys to my own success and happiness. I think that high school seniors are scared of the possibilities that lay ahead of them, and they really just need people to say "hey, It's going to be okay, you're going ot get into a great school and you're going to have a great time, relax." I believe that knowing that would help a senior out a lot more then some of the typical advice, like pick the right school, and make sure you like it before you put a deposit down. I believe that high school seniors need to relax and just enjoy the ride.

MaryAnn

It's small, friendly environment.

It's small, friendly environment.

This is my second time attending college. I would tell myself to make sure I really think about what I want to do with my major and research it better this way I would not have to go through college all over again to get the job I always wanted.

Someone who prefers a small college.

Amy

It's a very small school but everyone is really friendly and involved...both students and faculty. If you have any sort of trouble academic or otherwise the faculty and other students are all very supportive.

I think that you should really go and spend a whole day at each college, make sure to talk to faculty and many different students- not just the ones giving the tour. I know my school offered for potential students to stay a night with a current student, and if that's available I would really reccomend doing that and sitting in on a few classes. You want to get to know the campus life when everyone is putting on a show for the parents, on the tour everyone's really trying to sell the school, but spending a night there gives you an opportunity to go to meetings or events and meet the students that could potentially be your classmates.

I think anyone can attend this school b/c even if your views are different they try to make you feel comfortable. It is kind of conservative and is a christian school but there are students and staff there from all different groups and everyone is pretty respectful of others beliefs and feelings. You are required to take a couple religion classes while you are there but they don't have to be on Christianity. I'm not very religious and never felt pressured as if I should be.

Concordia College-New York administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.