Dickinson, ND
Dickinson State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Dickinson State University

Rojin

It is small Campus but it is really sweat people. Teachers are so good and they are really trying to teach you.I am basketball player and I want to be Physical therapy and it is really amazing to be here because a lot of athletes and everybody know each other.

Dara

I always brag that I was chief editor of the paper my sophomore year, scholarships are easy to get, I was an RA my sophomore year, help was literally offered every turn you made and how I had a foot into the radio industry right oit if school

A selfish meat head that will only do sports and not do the actual work to pass classes. DSU is an easy school if you just show up and care.

Describe a day on campus you'll never forget.

Homecoming at DSU is probably the best time ever. The morning air is crisp and cool for the parade where candy is thrown from the student club floats. It then goes to the Tailgate where free food and drink is shared, music blaring, laughs shared. You never feel more at home than you do during homecoming

There were many pros about DSU, but what really irritated me was that paper work would get lost within the system. Wether it be housing or financial aid, somehow it would become lost.

A great student to teacher ratio makes DSU feel like a small community, and the multiple campuses extend that community circl...

A great student to teacher ratio makes DSU feel like a small community, and the multiple campuses extend that community circle.

Affordability, casual atmosphere, lots of international students, great distance learning programs.

Courtney

My University gives me the tools I need to reach my life goal and succeed in it.

The people is what makes Dickinson State University the best place to be. Each department will bend over backwards to help you successed in your life goal. The people are friendly, loyal, and go beyond what their jobs require of them because of their love for students. I do not have to be afriad to ask for help here. Anything I need, there are at least five non students that are willing to help me. The people is what makes my school unique.

Ty

I would start by telling myself that college will be no easy task. But the outcomes of your hard work will lead you to your calling of being a educator. I would also tell myself that you have to have fun while in college or you will burn yourself out. The last thing that I would tell myself is that sports are important in high school but school will always be more important in the long run.

I think that the students we have here now are what we need they are kind, caring individuals who will help to the best of their abilities and would point a person in the right direction to find better help.

The type of person that shouldn't attend is someone who has a bad outlook on everything they do. Also a person who is rude to others and is looking to cause trouble. Also a person who is attending college for all the wrong reasons such as to party and to only have a good time and have no intentions of getting a degree.

Morgan

Although I do not come from a college educated family, I strongly believe that I was mentally and physically prepared for college as a high school senior. I managed my money well and focused heavily on academics and my performance as an athlete. If I were to give any high school senior advice about college life, as I have already completed a year and a half of it, I would primarily focus on discussing personal expenses and the importance of academics and participating in extra curricular activities. In the world we live in today, money is a primary aspect in being successful. Creating a budget for oneself and strictly following that budget could help in spending money wisely and having it when needed. Academics are essentially the foundation for pursuing one's dream and fulfilling major accomplishments. The feeling of achieving a goal and being a dedicated participant is indescribable, in which I would highly recommend putting forth the effort and being determined every day to accomplish any goal one may have. All things considered, remember to have fun and enjoy your time well spent in college because it will be over before you know it.

All things considered, I believe that the meal plan that is offered and the food that is served in the cafeteria are the worst aspects of this school. This year the meal plans were changed; all students living in on-campus dorm halls must purchase the unlimited meal plan at a flat rate. All students living in on-campus apartments must purchase a $500 meal plan. With the diversity of students and poor cafeteria food, many students don't feel that it 's necessary to purchase the unlimited plan, as it may be a waste of their money.

This school consists of many athletes, some that may not have gotten the opportunity to participate in a college sport elsewhere. Anyone that is looking to continue their athletic dreams and excel in academics, at the same time, should attend Dickinson State University. Also, a person that adapts well to diversity and a growing economy would fit in well at DSU, as Dickinson's population is rising due to the oil boom.

Luke

Get on top of things early because college comes up faster than you think. Save as much money as possible because you things almost always cost more than you expect. Make sure you get everything figured out before you go to reduce stress on yourself. If you are going to do a sport you probably won't be able to get a job so be prepared for that and save accordingly. Most of all view going to college as a positive experience and don't become overwhelmed with all the changes that will be happening. This is the start of your life so work hard and go into everything you do with a positve attitude.

The costs. It is hard to come up with the money to pay for school while playing a sport and going to school full-time.

Any kind of person could attend. We have people from all over the world here and everyone seems to enjoy going to school here.

Shanta

The type of person that should attend this school, is someone who is looking for a wonderful experience and a welcoming, close community. At this university everyone's friendly and is looking to help each other out. Someone who wants to make new friends and memories, while getting a good education, is the type of person that needs to attend this university.

Someone that should not attend this school, is someone that is not lookign to work hard. The professors at this school push their students to the breaking point, but this keeps you working hard. With this push from the people guiding you, you get the most of your education and will be prepared for your future.

Trisha

Dickinson State University is a small town college with many different degrees, extra-curricular activities, and job opportunities bboth on and off campus; this school has small class sizes that allow for one-on-one time with the professors and other students.

The student population at Dickinson State University is fairly diverse; Dickinson State has many athletic programs and international programs and brings students in from other parts of the country and world, plus North Dakota is experiencing an oil boom bring more people into the state.

I f I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself what degree I wanted to do. I have changed my degree once but didn't decide what I wanted to do until my sophomore year. Looking back now, I feel like I've wasted a lot of time deciding. I already feel like I will be spending an extra semester in school and the longer I'm there, the more expensive college gets. I do not have the money to spend extra time in school.

David

The staff at Dickinson State are friendly and helpful. If one needs to figure out where a class is or need help finding a book at the libary the staff will provide what help they can. Many of the teachers are more then willing to see a person after class if they have a question about their assignment or want to know one's grades.

When given an assignment do not wait until the last minute to get it done. If a person forgets to do their homework in high school one may have the chance to make up the late work. In college one is lucky if the teacher gives an extra day provided that a reasonable excuse can be given. A second reason is that there are a lot of long term assignments handed out throughout the year. Depending on the assignment, one should begin it at once or at least several weeks before the due date. If one leaves the assignments for the last minute he or she will find that they have built up to a very large workload over the semester. Rushing through the assignment will lower the grade one receives. When given a large assignment do it at least a month advance while giving smaller assignments at least a couple of days. This will relieve the stress of rushing to finish the assignments and will also increase one's grade.

Dickinson State University is located in a small town where opinions of activities outside of school are limit. While this does mean its force a person to focus on thier studies, one can easily become bored with the lack of chooses. I spent more than one day in my dorm, wondering what I should do that day.

Dickinson State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.