Dickinson, ND
Dickinson State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Dickinson State University

Melanie

Dickinson State University has an excellent nursing program. The NCLEX pass rate last year was 100%. They continue to strive to get a pass rate of 100% The program is hard and students need to dedicate themselves to the program.

College life has also taught me about myself. It took me 10 years to go back to school because I was worried I could not do it. By attending college I have realized I can do it. My GPA is 3.4. College has given me the confidence that I never had when I was growing up as a child. I have realized that with hard work and dedication I can become an excellent nurse.

The best thing about Dickinson State University is that the teachers are always willing to help the students if they are struggling or just want to learn more. The teachers make learning fun but yet challenging. The teachers are truely there to help the students learn.

Danielle

Through my college experience, I have truely learned what it is like to live on my own and have to make my own decisions all the time. I have become a more independent person and I feel that I am ready to enter the real world now. I have also been exposed to many other cultures and students from overseas, as a result of living on campus. I have become more aware of ethnic diversity and have learned many valuable lessons about building relationships with other students.

It's close to home.

Someone who does not mind Chinese people

clayton

This is probably at least the 40th scholarship I have applied for in the past two hours; zinch says this particular scholarship has over 17918 applicants as of today. I would probably even guess that what I am typing right now will never be seen by human eyes, but if it by chance does, this is what I have to say. I am aware that this was supposed to be about my college experience and how it has valued my life to attended, but how can I write about something that's not existent. The only thing I have "valued" from college is that I have to work 40 hours a week at a dead end job to make "ends meat" while also still being in debt for overpriced classes I attend along with books and gas. Also trying to keep somewhat of a social life. In conclusion this is how I feel about your question. I apologize for my audacity and blunt rambling, but I’m just really tired of never winning one of these scholarships and writing fake essays when I don't really feel that way about the topic. Thanks for your time, Clayton Rogers

christine

I started taking college courses in my junior year of high school. At that time I felt Like I was growing up and felt a little special not many of the other students were taking college courses. I started my first year and with every class I felt a sense of accomplichment . I like the feeling of passing one course so I can get to the next level. I feel college has taught me a lot about getting what I need to get done now and not to procrastinate. I never believed my high schools teachers when they said that they were preparing us for college. Now I understand, and now high school doesn't seem as hard as I had make it to be. I believe college is preparing me for the workplace. I am not talking about retail. I have worked in retail for over ten years. I am ready for something bigger.

Dickinson State University is very homie. Small enough to feel comfortable, but big enough to have various opportunities to enrich student's lives.

I grew up in a small town in Montana, which limited my social exposure. Initially coming to college 10 1/2 hours away from home and not knowing anyone, helped me grow up immensely because I had to learn things and meet people on my own. I think playing football has helped me be more outgoing as well. Since attending college, I've had opportunities to be exposed to a much broader social lifestyle due to the diversity on our campus. I've met people from all over the world, my Freshman year roommate was a young student from Jamaica. My college experience has broadened my horizons, which will help me pursue my dreams in the business field. Without a college education, it would be very difficult to find a job and live the life I've become accustomed to.

The campus life is very personable. The professors are there to help assist any student who needs help. The student body is a small, close knit group who you can lean on when needed. The football team is a group of guys that are also there to help support when needed.

Heather

I didn't decide to get my Bachelor's degree until I had been in the workforce awhile. I decided that I didn't want to make $9.00 an hour the rest of my life. So I made the decision to go to college and get my degree. It has opened so many doors for me I was able to advance in my career while I work full time, part time and have a family. I have learned that a college education is very important if you want to get anywhere in life. The better education you have the more opportunities you will encounter. I am really excited about getting my degree and I have learned a lot while going to school. I am a much wiser person, I think more analytically. I have also decided to continue my education and get my Masters. I feel this will only in enhance what I have done so far with my schooling.

DSU says they do everything but your homework and that is so true. They are so great about helping you out with any question you have. If you have some type of problem they work with you to solve it or come up with some type of solution to help you get through what you are trying to figure out. It's a wonderful school to attend.

I really do not think there is anything bad about my school. They are great. They will try to accomodate you in anyway they possibly can. The only bad thing I can think is that they are located in Dickinson, only because I live in Bismarck and do not want to move.

Kim

My college experience has been invaluable in teaching me what it is like to interact and work with various types of people and situations. Coming from a small community, I had a narrow view of the world and the people in it. College has helped me to diversify my views and to be more empathic towards others. I have chosen to attend colleges with smaller class sizes for my undergraduate and graduate degrees. These smaller class sizes have allowed me to recieve the attention that I needed from professors and to get to know my classmates. Attending college on campus has been the right choice for me becuase it has helped to keep me motivated and has allowed me to interact with students who are sharing the same goals and struggles as me. Also, the connections that I have made with students and professors throughout my college experience have been great assets in attaining employment and graduate school acceptance. My college experience has helped to shape the person I am today and has helped me to find my passion. I am now on my way to receiving my Master's in Community Counseling through the University of Mary, Bismarck, ND.

The advisor that is assigned to you is not the one you are stuck with. Talk to the registrars office and find an advisor that teaches in your field of interest. Also, check out the buletin bourds around campus for upcoming club meeting and campus events. Participating in clubs and events makes the college experience so much more enriching. I learned alot from interacting with other people at events. The smaller class sizes are great and the teachers are very helpful.

The thing that I found most irratating about Dickinson State it that they do not have a separate social sciences department. The social science are under the education department and this can be very confusing for an incoming student.

Electra

The school I go to is most likely best known for the amount of foreign students that are currently attending. We now have about 48% of the student population that is not from the United States.

I would tell myself to become more outgoing. In college, you meet new people almost every day and being shy holds you back from what you can really do and accomplish. If you're looking at getting lots of scholarships, make sure you take part in lots of extra curricular activities especially community service activities. If you're not used to sharing, get used to it really soon. You may only have one roommate but it's completely different than having your own room. In my situation, if you don't like public bathrooms you also need to start loving those because in the dorm that's all there is. Be prepared to have a lot of down time between classes. It's a great opportunity to do homework, laundry, or anything else that you need to do but won't have time for once everyone else gets done with classes and you want to hang out with your friends.

The worst thing about the school I attend is the cafeteria food. The food is so bad. I know they are currently working on improving it but at this time it is really bad. There is usually no taste and usually there is not a very good selection.

Jadah

My school is a small friendly environment.

My school is a small friendly environment.

I would tell myself to work hard at school and to not worry about trying to fit in.

My advice to prospective students would be to place a high value on your education. There is time for fun, but remember that school work schould come first. It is you who is paying for your education, so make the most of it.

Dickinson State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.