D'Youville College

« See more reviews of D'Youville College

If I could go back in time to my high school days I will advice my self to stay focus on my school work, quit roaming the hallways and meet assignment deadlines. I currently attend a 2 year college, so far college studies have been going smoothly, I know it is going to get intense soon. When I applied for college, most of my choices were to 4 year institutes. I was denied a seat in each institute but Bronx Community College. Dissapointment was not the word, no one was the blame but myself . In high school I spent very little amount of time studying, I took classes as a joke until I realized the reality when I walked up the stage for my high school diploma. If I could go back in time, I would have started to practice; time management, math skills, independency and worked on putting an end to laziness.

When finding a college, make sure you research th eprograms that you want to go into throughly. Different schools have better programs than others. Also consider the type of college you want to go to. If you want to go to a smaller school, look at the smaller schools, don't look into a big school if you know you won't be happy there. Make sure you have fully researched the area around the school as well. My school isn't a closed in community so if you feel like that's not your thing and you would rather have a closed in community due to safety issues then look into closed community schools. Just make sure you have considered all possibilities and all aspects from every direction you could possibly think of. If you have even an inkling of doubt, its probably not the right school for you.

If I had to go back in time and give myself advice as a senior in high school I would tell myself that college is a lot harder than it looks and that it will be a struggle but will be well worth it in the end. I would tell myself to be more outgoing and participate in more college activities. I would tell myself that I will need to dedicate all of my time studying and doing homework. I would tell myself to be prepared for major changes in my life including relationships, friends, and family. College is most definitely a learning experience and is a time to learn more about yourself and what you are capable of. I would tell myself that there will be times when you think you'll fail and feel like giving up but you can't because you can do it and YOU WILL.

College has really opened up a new world for me. I can tell I am on the right path because my classes don't feel like a chore; I look forward to what I will learn every time I go to class. I can apply what I learn in class to the real world and see first hand the difference it makes in my life. I can tell what I am learning is not beneficial only for my chosen career path, but also for me to better understand the world around me. College is shaping me into a well rounded person. I have experienced college before when I was younger, but as an adult student I am really driven to learn and take advantage of anything that would benefit my learning goals. I feel very motivated to achieve the best grades and get the best experience out of every class I can.

Out of my college experience I have learned that I should have went off to college rather than stay home. I feel that I could have gotten more out of being away at a school that I really wanted to attend. But overall my college experience has been the best experience I think anyone could ever think of. Being in college gives you way more freedom than when you are in high school and have to follow so many rules and most of all college is what you make it. It has been valuable for me to attend college because I know what it is that I want in life. I know that in order for me to live my life like i want to, then I have to attend school and put in a lot of hard work and dedication for me to do what it is that I want to do in life.

As of yet I have not attended college, but I am enrolled to start Spring quarter at ITT Technical Institute. Therefore I cannot answer the question, but I can tell you what I hope to get out of my college experience. I am hoping, because the construction industry hasn't treated me too well so far, that I can get a better career for me and for my family. I spent some time researching careers and schools and found a career option that i believe suits me and suits my financial goals for the future. I then found the school that can give me the degree i need. I have visited the school and found that the staff and students are both friendly and helpful, and I believe i will very much enjoy my experience at ITT Technichal Institute.

If I could tell high school senior me about college, I would tell myself that there is absolutely no rush to graduate. When I was a high school senior and choosing classes for my first semester in college, I thought I had everything figured out. Fast forward 3 years, I am two classes away from an AA in Anthropology but I am enlisting in Cabrillo College's medical program for Radiology. There is no time limit on finding the correct career path for you, because life changes. I wish I could have told myself to take classes that interested me instead of hurrying to get a degree. Being able to enjoy the college experinece and find myself and what I want to do would have helped me see what I really wanted for a career earlier.

I am an adult returning to school to facilitate a career change and become an RN. I believe that returning to college was a great decision. One of many things that I have gotten out of my college experience so far is that I know if I study hard and keep focused that I can achieve my goals in a timely manner. I has been and still is valuable to attend D'Youville because this school will give me the knowledge and experience to become a great Nurse. There is a shortage of nurses in this country and the need for well educated and trained nurses is of great necessity. The patients need caring, compassionate, and knowledgeable nurses to help them cope with, manage, and heal the illnesses and ailments that affect them.

I think that my college experience has taught me about myself. It has helped me to grow and learn, both as a professional and as a person. Through classes, student experiences, and internships, I was forced to face myself and see what I was made of. The experiences that I have gained in college will help me throughout my life - as they have defined who I am, and who I strive to become. College really has been invaluable for me. Growing as a person cannot be quantified - I take that as a true gift. The knowledge and experience that I have gained in my field has also been life changing. I could not become the professional that I hope to be without such instruction. This has made it valuable beyond measure.

I would recommend that all students follow their dreams. Students should fit their desired major with the appropriate college which offers the degree/field they want to pursue. To make the most out of college is to truly experience college. I recommend getting involved with numerous school groups as well as volunteering in the community. Some of my best college experiences happened because I got involved with both the school and community. By being an active part in the school, I have made many friends throughout my college experience, friends that I will always be close with, friends I can even now rely on. It is important to make the best out of the college experience because it will only happen once.