Eastern Kentucky University

« See more reviews of Eastern Kentucky University

Research, research, and more research. Doing adequate research will allow for a student to find the appropriate college for them. What seems important as a junior in high school, usually isn't the same as a junior in college. Parents need to help students research different colleges, allow for road trips, campus visits, etc. Students need to take the time to look out at different colleges. Determine what degrees are interesting to them and try to find a college that has them all, because as students, we are always changing our minds.

the most i have gotten out of college so far is the knowledge from the teachers that are helping me become a teacher so i can give back to kids. the reason i want to give back is the teachers i had in high school did not give me the knowledge i needed to start college i want kids to be ready for college an the real world. my teachers did not get me ready for the college work load and how the teachers would do things in college. it has been valuable to attend this school because it is a top notch school for teachers to graduate from.

Follow your heart and do what you want to do. Don't let your high school friends influence where you go to college. You'll meet amazing people no matter where you go. Don't forget to be yourself, they'll love you for who you are, and don't be afraid to put yourself out there and be a little crazy sometimes. Make the best of every situation and love the opportunities that arise. Your roommate isn't your worst enemy, they could be a future best friend. Just relax and have fun, you're not the only one who will be starting brand new.

If I had the chance to go back in time to advise my youngerself, I would stress how important it is to study hard and also to learn time management in order to have that balance between homework, studing, and socializing. I was very involved in high school and would tell myself to stick with that and continue to be involved in school affairs and join activities. I would also like to tell myself to sign up earlier for scholorship opprotunities and to also think ahead to the future so that I will be prepared for what may soon come.

I am a high school senior from class of 2006. I am proud of my studying now. I worked hard to go into college. However, college environment is new, big, and complex environment. I will meet many changes, new challenges. I need to find, learn new skills to adapt to this environment. I will learn all skills in school as well as out of society. I will not be afraid of the difficulties. Although I am in any circumstances, I will try to finish my tasks well. Because I have only one wish that I can perfect myself through the life.

I would tell my more naive self to work on becoming more outgoing the summer before freshman year and do this in order to be more willing to reach out to new people. I would have loved to have been able to make my group of friends more diverse quicker than I had because I was shy. I would have told myself to go through sorority recruitment that first fall because all the other big extracurriculars at the school weigh that heavily in allowing who they will allow to join them and community service is number one to me.

To parents I would say leave the college picking up to your kids. You may not think so but they may know what is actually best for them. And to students I would say to make the most out of your college experience, get involved. I think you should live on campus at least for your freshman year to meet new people and learn what campus is really about. Get involved in sports, clubs, or a social orginization and you will really get a lot out of your college experience. You will make many memories worth remebering.

I have not started classes yet. I have had contact with some of my future class mates during cheerleadingpractice and camp. As far as why its has been valuable. I cant answer the quest tion that why. Why will be it of value. i plan to pursue my Masters in Forensic Biology and I plan to work one day for the FBI. The education it will get from EKU will make me more marketable in the work force. they have one of the best Forensic programs in the nation. I am honored to be accepted into their program.

Be as prepared as you can be, and make sure that any orientation or program given for future students, you attend. These always give information that most likely wouldnt be told to you otherwise, and they are always a large help. I would also say find a school that you can truly see yourself in and feeling comfortable. Otherwise you will not have fun and gain the college experience you should, so deffinetly look at more than just a few schools so you can be sure that you picked the right one just for you!

It is smart to find a school that the student likes best and the parents/students can afford. Make sure it offers a wide variety of majors if you are undecided or some majors that you are interested in. Make close friends because they will most likly stay with you forever. Don't forget about your high school friends because if you remain friends through college then they are there to stay. Have fun and make college a life long good memory. DON'T PARTY TOO MUCH THAT IT AFFECTS YOUR GRADES :)