Edinboro, PA
Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

Brandon

Entering Edinboro University, one will immediately notice the unique bond developed among students. Similar to that of a family, through academic integrity and friendship, students and faculty alike share an uncommon connection. In addition to this comfort, Edinboro offers a large source of inspiration to promote uniqueness, variety, diversity, and pursuit of one's dreams. Musically and artistically inclined, students can tap this source by simply observing the products of their fellow's creative ingenuity.

As I approach my younger, naive self, I extend a friendly smile and handshake in preparation for my well-informed lecture. My extensive experience in the workforce and college has surely granted me the ability to convince any youngster of the life-lasting benefits of continued education. As my experiences, insights, achievements, and advice stream from my mouth as fresh water does from a pitcher, I realize the expression of my former self is all but somber and displaced. Apprehensive and stubborn in adolescence, I was never the type to be swayed by anyone- likely even my future self. If I would discuss options for the future with my past self, I would simply say, "Continue on your path, your experiences and judgment will guide you to greater heights". This is precisely the epitome of my story- many tried to convince me to continue my education, but my own life experiences were the deciding factor. There is no doubt in my mind that even my enlightened self would not be able to convince the younger me- nor would I despair at the failure. My success today exists only because I achieved it after laying a foundation of life-changing experiences.

In my experience, I have taken a couple professors who are 'less-than-admirable' in terms of ethical choices, consistency, and fairness. In addition to this, while my school's prices are among the most affordable, it is still incredibly difficult to maintain my attendance- without parental support, even the cheapest college can cripple a working student.

Tiffany

My classmates are always ready for class and hungry for knowledge.

My classmates are always ready for class and hungry for knowledge.

Edinboro is very student oriented and cares about the students success. As a freshman it is mandatory for every student to attend what is called common hour. Common hour gives you the ability to find out about different careers and different options the campus has available. Say a student comes in and wants to major in art but attends common hour and finds out they would rather be a science teacher. Also common hour allows you to meet other students who are majoring in the same field as you.

If i were able to go back to high schooll and talk to myself when I was a senior I would tell myself not to wait to go to college and make the best of the opportunity to learn and make a life for my future. I am twenty five now and knowning now the time I have waisted not knowing what I wanted to do with my life and thought college was a waste of time. I would also let myself know that you don't necessarily have to know what you want to major in once you start college. I would tell myself to take a couple of classes of interest and figure out from there what was best and most interesting to myself. The last thing I would tell myself would be having a career is more rewarding and secure for a stable future.

Aaron

Edinboro is a public university, and attracted me with its prominent Media Arts and Animation program (voted among the top in the nation.)

Animation is a very prominent major here, and the program has received much applause nationwide.

In high school, I always had a habit of letting the little things seem much bigger than they actually were. I think everyone does this to an extent, and in doing so they forget about what really matters in the grand scheme of things. I would always worry way too much about what everyone thought of me, regardless of how well I knew or even cared to know them. I still think that one should always try to convey himself in the best light possible, but not at the expense of a true and honest personality. I also used to look at very minor problems throughout the day as major ordeals, which seems to be a prevalent trait within today's youth. For instance, one bad thing such as forgetting to bring in a homework assignment could set me up with a terrible mood for the remainder of the day, and make improving things much more difficult. In short, if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would probably tell myself to prioritize better, as things can really come into perspective once you're in college.

Heidi

Edinboro is NCATE accredited and expects high levels of professionalism and academic achievement from its teacher candidates.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice, it would be to research the schools you are considering. Try to speak with students that actually go to the school and try to observe a day in their shoes. A lot can be learned by speaking to the students who have been at the university for a while. In order to get the most out of your college experience, you need to assess yourself and decide what your goals are, both academically and financially, and how you intend to achieve them. This will lead you to decisions about whether or not you should commute, or live on campus, meal plans, as well as other expenses related to college. What you intend to do with the degree you are pursuing is also pertinent information to have. If you fail to plan, then you are planning to fail, enter college with knowledge to succeed. This means you must do some leg work before you arrive. Once you arrive, plan on attending orientation and familiarizing yourself with your campus and surroundings. Lastly, know what services and amenities are included in your tuition and utilize them! Enjoy the experience it goes quickly!

I wish that I had known what services were available to adult learners. I also wish that I had been put in contact with the adult student services center sooner. It would have made some of the transitions and decisions a little easier.

Autumn

Edinboro is a small, safe campus that gives students the help and support that they need in order to develop skills needed for a sucessful career in the work force and the professors are helpful and very knowledgable in the subject that they teach.

Having the ability to go back in time and give myself valuable advice that I have since learned would have helped me greatly in making the decisions that lead to college. First of all, I would make sure to apply to various colleges. There are always improtant things about a college that can be easily overlooked before being accepted. The most improtant advice that I would give myself would have to deal with financial aid. Taking the time to sit down and write a few personal and well thoughout essays are not as bad as they come across. The hard work pays off in the end. Find every resource for scholarships or grants that you can. The last advice that I would give myself would entail getting involved and becoming the person that you want people to see you as. If you gain your self confidence in high school, that confidence and motivation will carry you through the rest of your life. Never be afraid to stand out and share your opinions and beliefs. Colleges and employers look for individuals who know who they are and what they stand for.

A person that enjoys the hustle and bustle of a big city and does not take a liking for the cold and snow should not attend Edinboro University.

Isaac

If i could go back in time to being a highschool senior, the best advice i could give my self would be make sure i get my grades up and join a sports team try to get a scholarship. College is no different from highschool and it's all about applying yoruself and making the effort. I did pretty bad in highschool but now avg a 3.0 gpa in college. The only problem is finiacial aid instead of having to pay back loans when i graduate i would love to be able to walk away with a degree and no bills. So advicing myself to do good for my senior year or join a sport and try to get sometype of scholarship would be the only advice ic ould give myself, besides do not attend Edinboro university , its pretty boring and cold.

There really isnit much to bring about at this school, i mean i guess i could mention the game room being pretty nice.

The most frustrating thing about my shcool would have to be the lab fees we have to pay as an art major.

Sara

A major part of life deals with the relationships and interaction with other people. If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know about college life and making the transition now I would tell my self not to worry so much about my grades. Yes, academics are important and should be taken seriously. Yet, being involved in activities outside of the classroom is equally as important, and through the process I could learn more about myself. Fulfillment with in my social interactions would contribute to leading myself into a satisfying and successful first college year experience.

The faculty is very understanding, and easily to talk to on a professional and personal level. If you are having idenity or life problems they are very easy to go to and ask for advise/help.

The art program is well known, and the staff is well expirienced in the professional world.

Kimberlee

Edinboro University is a great choice for anyone.

Edinboro University is a great choice for anyone.

I f I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to work myself to death as I did. In my senior year I took two AP classes, a college course, and the rest advanced classes. In my mind, I was going to make myself a better college student. I was going to study all of the time and do well on every single quiz or exam. However, that is not quite how it turned out. I ended up working myself too hard. Now that I am in college, I know that studying and doing my homework necessary and helpful, however, you need time to let yourself breathe. Because I took on too many challenges my senior year, my grades and GPA suffered. If I had slowed down, I could have prepared myself for college a bit more. I would have walked into my freshman year knowing that all-nighters are not only bad on test scores, but bad on me as a person.

Edinboro University's classrooms are the perfect size. The professor is always available to help you if needed. The classes are small enough that you can ask questions during lecture, or contact your professor during their office hours or after class. At Edinboro University, you are not just a number.

Edinboro University offers a great education, chances for student interaction, athletic success, and a chance for me to become a better person both on and off campus.

Going back in time I would advise myself to continue studying hard, maintaining my grades, and to stay involved with activities throughout the transition. Other advise would definitly be to apply for as many scholarship funds and grants as possible to make life easier once in college so I would not have to juggle two jobs, tuition costs, books, and housing costs. I would definitly appreciate all of the hard work of the teachers at my old highschool because they prepared me for what was to come and i would be greatly thankful for all of their time and help.

The only negative aspect of Edinboro University is the price of books and classes.

Edinboro University has a caring and supportive staff as well as having a small-town community atmosphere in which everyone feels welcome.

If I had the opportunity to travel back in time and talk to my eighteen year old self about college, the first thing I would say is, "Find yourself." When I say this, I mean that just because everyone else may seem like they know what they want to do and where they want to go, doesn't mean that you have follow. My biggest mistake was attending the first and only college I applied to and then decided on a major that I wasn't 100% sure of. The best advice I could give my younger self is to take the time to decide what it is that really makes me happy. After much thought and growing up, I finally found a college and a major that suits me as a person. Not everyone is cut out for college right out of high school. Some people, including myself, need time to explore new options and discover what make them tick. This, I believe, it the ticket to success in finding the right college. Don't find a college that you need to fit into, find one that fits you.

Edinboro Univeristy's Elementary Education program is wonderful and very effective.

Edinboro University of Pennsylvania administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.