Edinboro, PA
Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

Heidi

Edinboro is NCATE accredited and expects high levels of professionalism and academic achievement from its teacher candidates.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice, it would be to research the schools you are considering. Try to speak with students that actually go to the school and try to observe a day in their shoes. A lot can be learned by speaking to the students who have been at the university for a while. In order to get the most out of your college experience, you need to assess yourself and decide what your goals are, both academically and financially, and how you intend to achieve them. This will lead you to decisions about whether or not you should commute, or live on campus, meal plans, as well as other expenses related to college. What you intend to do with the degree you are pursuing is also pertinent information to have. If you fail to plan, then you are planning to fail, enter college with knowledge to succeed. This means you must do some leg work before you arrive. Once you arrive, plan on attending orientation and familiarizing yourself with your campus and surroundings. Lastly, know what services and amenities are included in your tuition and utilize them! Enjoy the experience it goes quickly!

I wish that I had known what services were available to adult learners. I also wish that I had been put in contact with the adult student services center sooner. It would have made some of the transitions and decisions a little easier.

Autumn

Edinboro is a small, safe campus that gives students the help and support that they need in order to develop skills needed for a sucessful career in the work force and the professors are helpful and very knowledgable in the subject that they teach.

Having the ability to go back in time and give myself valuable advice that I have since learned would have helped me greatly in making the decisions that lead to college. First of all, I would make sure to apply to various colleges. There are always improtant things about a college that can be easily overlooked before being accepted. The most improtant advice that I would give myself would have to deal with financial aid. Taking the time to sit down and write a few personal and well thoughout essays are not as bad as they come across. The hard work pays off in the end. Find every resource for scholarships or grants that you can. The last advice that I would give myself would entail getting involved and becoming the person that you want people to see you as. If you gain your self confidence in high school, that confidence and motivation will carry you through the rest of your life. Never be afraid to stand out and share your opinions and beliefs. Colleges and employers look for individuals who know who they are and what they stand for.

A person that enjoys the hustle and bustle of a big city and does not take a liking for the cold and snow should not attend Edinboro University.

Isaac

If i could go back in time to being a highschool senior, the best advice i could give my self would be make sure i get my grades up and join a sports team try to get a scholarship. College is no different from highschool and it's all about applying yoruself and making the effort. I did pretty bad in highschool but now avg a 3.0 gpa in college. The only problem is finiacial aid instead of having to pay back loans when i graduate i would love to be able to walk away with a degree and no bills. So advicing myself to do good for my senior year or join a sport and try to get sometype of scholarship would be the only advice ic ould give myself, besides do not attend Edinboro university , its pretty boring and cold.

There really isnit much to bring about at this school, i mean i guess i could mention the game room being pretty nice.

The most frustrating thing about my shcool would have to be the lab fees we have to pay as an art major.

Sara

A major part of life deals with the relationships and interaction with other people. If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know about college life and making the transition now I would tell my self not to worry so much about my grades. Yes, academics are important and should be taken seriously. Yet, being involved in activities outside of the classroom is equally as important, and through the process I could learn more about myself. Fulfillment with in my social interactions would contribute to leading myself into a satisfying and successful first college year experience.

The faculty is very understanding, and easily to talk to on a professional and personal level. If you are having idenity or life problems they are very easy to go to and ask for advise/help.

The art program is well known, and the staff is well expirienced in the professional world.

Kimberlee

Edinboro University is a great choice for anyone.

Edinboro University is a great choice for anyone.

I f I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to work myself to death as I did. In my senior year I took two AP classes, a college course, and the rest advanced classes. In my mind, I was going to make myself a better college student. I was going to study all of the time and do well on every single quiz or exam. However, that is not quite how it turned out. I ended up working myself too hard. Now that I am in college, I know that studying and doing my homework necessary and helpful, however, you need time to let yourself breathe. Because I took on too many challenges my senior year, my grades and GPA suffered. If I had slowed down, I could have prepared myself for college a bit more. I would have walked into my freshman year knowing that all-nighters are not only bad on test scores, but bad on me as a person.

Edinboro University's classrooms are the perfect size. The professor is always available to help you if needed. The classes are small enough that you can ask questions during lecture, or contact your professor during their office hours or after class. At Edinboro University, you are not just a number.

Edinboro University offers a great education, chances for student interaction, athletic success, and a chance for me to become a better person both on and off campus.

Going back in time I would advise myself to continue studying hard, maintaining my grades, and to stay involved with activities throughout the transition. Other advise would definitly be to apply for as many scholarship funds and grants as possible to make life easier once in college so I would not have to juggle two jobs, tuition costs, books, and housing costs. I would definitly appreciate all of the hard work of the teachers at my old highschool because they prepared me for what was to come and i would be greatly thankful for all of their time and help.

The only negative aspect of Edinboro University is the price of books and classes.

Edinboro University has a caring and supportive staff as well as having a small-town community atmosphere in which everyone feels welcome.

If I had the opportunity to travel back in time and talk to my eighteen year old self about college, the first thing I would say is, "Find yourself." When I say this, I mean that just because everyone else may seem like they know what they want to do and where they want to go, doesn't mean that you have follow. My biggest mistake was attending the first and only college I applied to and then decided on a major that I wasn't 100% sure of. The best advice I could give my younger self is to take the time to decide what it is that really makes me happy. After much thought and growing up, I finally found a college and a major that suits me as a person. Not everyone is cut out for college right out of high school. Some people, including myself, need time to explore new options and discover what make them tick. This, I believe, it the ticket to success in finding the right college. Don't find a college that you need to fit into, find one that fits you.

Edinboro Univeristy's Elementary Education program is wonderful and very effective.

Lauryn

A place where you can learn and grow in body and mind, but also make lasting friendships and connections with the university.

I would tell myself to not sweat the small things such as making friends. That will come with time and as I get involved. I would also tell myself that several years down the road, I would feel prepared to enter the workforce in about a year and have great connections with the university in many ways. In addition, I would reassure myself after 5 roommates later, I have one of my good friends as my roommate and it makes everything so much easier. Lastly, I would tell myself that it goes much faster than high school ever did, so enjoy it while I am here.

someone who wants to succeed and get the best education that they can

Aimee

When you go into college, never give up and continue to do all that you can to succeed. Make sure you go to all of your classes, only miss them when it is necessary. Don't drop any of your classes, because you'll slowly get through college, and it could take years before you have the right amount of credits to graduate. So, again, never give up and continue to try your hardest and when you need help; ask.

Everybody is welcome to this school.

Edinboro is a great school to go to of the Erie County, then you won't be far from home. The professors help you out when you ask. Edinboro University is a great place to go to, to achieve your goal. If you major in being a teacher, mechanic, theatre, architect, etc., Edinboro University is the place you should choose. Edinboro has great professors and students around you. They are great for advice. Edinboro should be the place that you want to go.

Edinboro University of Pennsylvania administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.