Edinboro University of Pennsylvania Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

Edinboro University is a generally quiet campus because the size of the university is small and the location is more on the country side, but the atmosphere is safe and easy to get around. There's a lot of activities and clubs that go on at out student center so there's fun things to do. We have heavy winters but there's also transportation that runs regularly around campus and also to Walmart that is down the street and the mall. I would recommend this University to people who are mellow and like to feel comfortable and safe in their surroundings.

Erin

Overall, I think that Edinboro University is a fine academic establishment that provides the educational means that students need. The school is far enough away from major cities to have a culture of its own, but close enough to find other activities outside of a student's usual routine. While I have been in Edinboro, I have grown as a student, athlete, and person and for that I have the school and people here to thank.

Kat

Best school ever! We get TONS of snow!!☃

Patrick

As a fresh student, my visitations have been warmly welcomed, and my contact with my professors have been pleasant and professional.

Stevie

Edinboro University is a great school when it comes to academia. The professors will go out of their way to help you succeed. We have many places like the academic success center and writing center for assistance. We do lack in school spirit, campus life, and diversity. Since we aren't diverse, it is hard for us as a campus to have good school spirit because we don't connect with one another. If our campus life was better, as in activities, then I believe there would be improvements in areas we are lacking.

Corinne

I recommend Edinboro University to a lot of people. I even got my one friend to go there this year! The Army ROTC program is in my opinion on of the best run programs on campus. They make an appearance at almost every major event making known that there is the option on campus. Also, the shooting sports club is a small, unique club that I have not even heard of at other colleges.

I'm excited to join the Scots family in the Fall! It seems like a wonderful institute and the food is delicious! From what I've heard from previous students the professors are available nearly all the time. I can't wait to start my new journey at this college !

Evans

I'm a recent transfer and Edinboro University is much more open and diverse. A lot of good teachers and extracurriculars, though there are some teachers who are... too old-fashioned and to out of touch. The school is very inclusive and offers a lot of support to students who need it, academically or otherwise.

Erica

Edinboro University is a decent campus. Teachers are willing to help if you show you are willing to work hard. There is many opportunities to join extracurriculars like Greek life or intramural sports. If you have the chance to live on campus take it because it is a great way to stay involved and meet new people.

Darin

Edinboro University of Pennsylvania is what you make it! There are many recreational sports teams, Greek organizations, concerts, art galleries, and many other events to enjoy. The weather really gets people down, but it is about having a positive attitude. Friday's at 3 PM, the campus seems to become a ghost town, but it just means that people need to push for more exciting events.

Aura

It is a great campus to be on, except if you don't like excessive amounts of snow. The professors are for the most part extremely kind and helpful. The atmosphere is really good if you want to be a art major in animation or some sort of major in medical fields. It's a lot of fun to attend this wonderful campus.

Karlin

I absolutely love the beautiful campus and the wonderful friends I've met. The facilities at Edinboro are both very clean and top notch, as in they all carry the most state of the art technology and appliances. My experiences at edinboro are incredible and I know the ones that will come in the future will be even better.

Zachary

I thoroughly enjoy attending Edinboro University. The area that it is in is incredible. The professors and tutors on campus are usually readily available, and the overall quality of the people on campus is great. I wouldn't trade the experience i have received so far for anything, and I hope to go onto to finish my degree there.

Alicia

I love the atmosphere at Edinboro University!! The class sizes may be large but all of the professors are very down to earth and will explain and help you in the event something comes up! Academically the coursework is challenging but at a decent pace!

Alyssa

Edinboro University is a very excellent university that has a very good art program. The main campus is beautiful, the people there are friendly, and they have very interesting clubs and organizations. The professors at Edinboro are very helpful and caring.

Andrea

It is a great school with plenty of opportunities academically and socially. There is a wide variety of majors which you can fit to your specific career choice. There is always an advisor, professor, or staff member that will help answer your questions. Edinboro offers hundreds of clubs and organizations from Greek life to sports to arts to academic clubs - there's something for everyone! It is a tight community and everyone is very friendly and welcoming.

Victoria

Edinboro is far from the best college. The campus food leaves people sick, and the art buildings can be run down. The buildings can range from too hot, to too cold, and brand new, to old and run down. There are budget cuts left and right, leaving some students without required classes to take.

I absolutely love Edinboro University of Pennsylvania! Its so cozy and comfortable, there's plenty to do but its still a chill campus experience. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. I was initially terrified to move away to school, but the professors, the RAs, the staff, and the other students all made me feel so much better. I got everything that I wanted and needed out of this school, plus so much more. The classes are wonderful, the facilities are lovely, and the campus and town are so beautiful.

Toby

When applying and returning as an admitted student working with the financial aid office, we had many difficulties. The clerical workers and financial aid directors were not very helpful and somewhat rude. Those are the only hardships I've had with the school, thus far. I enjoy the flat campus and many stores around the area, while still feeling like I'm at home in the updated dorms.

Grace

I am accepted as a freshman at Edinboro University for the Fall of 2020. However, I’ve had the pleasure of attending four summer’s worth of band camps through Edgewood Sr. High School. So essentially, I have spent one month “living” on campus. The dorm rooms were nicer than what I had pictured in my mind. They were more like little apartments than the one room dorms I had stayed in during cheer camp. I was so impressed with the culture and upkeep of the campus that it ended up being my top choice for colleges. The summer resident advisors living in the dorms were super helpful and encouraged us to explore the campus pool, bookstore and soccer areas during our break times. The campus is a medium sized campus so it’s fairly easy to walk to any destination. The only part of Edinboro I was not thrilled with was their dining services. However, I’m sure most college campuses serve “crowd pleasers” like greasy hamburgers, pizza and fries. At least they offered a fresh salad bar each day! I’m sure over the next school year I will adapt to the menu! Additionally, my mom and I attended Edinboro’s Open House last summer and I was able to meet with professors and current students in my field of study. This visit cemented my desire to attend the university. Due to Covid 19 I am missing out on the ending of my senior year but planning my freshman year at Edinboro has kept my spirits up!

Bryana

Edinboro is a great school. It met my expectations of what college was going to be like. You can't blame the college for having alcohol or drugs on their campus. Young adults will be sneaky young adults, and although the school is technically in charge of them, they don't entirely control them. So with that in mind, Edinboro has all of the basic needs that incoming students would value and great food that won't make you regret gaining the freshman fifteen. The people here are kind and the teachers are dedicated to the student's success.

Mia

I love Edinboro University. The first college I ever visited, and I applied and got in, and then enrolled and never looked back.

Rebecca

Edinboro University has great accredited programs, including the art department I am enrolled in. People have graduated from Edinboro and moved on to work on popular animated movies such as How to Train Your Dragon and Rise of the Planet of the Apes. The programs offered in my department are serious, yet enjoyable. The professors are frequently available for one-on-one time and will do anything to see a student succeed. I would highly recommend going to Edinboro University for Fine or Studio Arts.

Olivia

There’s something about Edinboro University that makes it feel like home. Maybe it’s the people that work in the dining hall that know students by name and ask them how their doing. Maybe it’s the way the university embraces artists, encouraging them to get their work in their on-campus galleries. Maybe it’s the faculty that want students to ask questions and be there to assist them whenever they can. Maybe it’s the diversity here that brings so much life and culture around students. Maybe it’s the community around the university that come to every game to cheer students on and offer discounts to them because they care. Maybe it’s the university itself, offering a long list of majors and programs to every type of student, young or old, to gain knowledge. Maybe it’s the students themselves who join to create clubs for every interest or offer advice and support for new students. Maybe it’s the eco-friendly attitude that the university upholds by composting and having a garden where most of their produce comes from. Maybe it’s the four seasons cycle the area has, offering perfect winter weather or perfect summer weather. Maybe it’s the financial offices that have days for students to come in and speak with them about their options and opportunities, face to face. Maybe it’s the study abroad programs that offer students of every major to experience the world. Maybe it’s just Edinboro University being a place that values every student and wanting that student to succeed.

Edinboro University is really fun and active in the community. Every second is fun yet they are also very well educating. I'm always excited to learn and get up in the morning to see what today brings me since having started attending Edinboro University. I'm glad to have chosen to attend Edinboro University.

Cerri

I absolutely love Edinboro! It's truly the only place where they make college feel like home. The professors are great and they make you want to attend class. The atmosphere is so friendly! Within the first week I made so many new friends. I'm proud to be a fighting scot!

Kareem

I like Edinboro and there are some great people here. You just have to be willing to put yourself out there and be willing to make the best of your time here in order to make the most of being here. Get to know others while you are and get to know the advisers, they are here to help and want to see you succeed.

Julia

Edinboro University of Pennsylvania is a nice size school with only about 6,200 students. The on campus housing is amazing with many different options whether its your own room or a living room. The food does need a little work, however, its edible and there is a variety. I am a nursing student so my average class size is smaller then most classes at Edinboro. I would say that most classes have about 100 students at the most and 30 at the least. I do have to give my credit to the Nursing Program. Their pass rate is one of the highest in Pennsylvania. The atmosphere of the school is very friendly and welcoming so those who are incoming students always feel comfortable. Overall, EUP is a great school if someone is looking for a medium size school, friendly peers, and great academics.

Breanne

Edinboro University was the only school that felt like home when I toured campus. The campus is beautiful, the layout is just amazing. The dorms are astonishing, having many options to choose from. The town around Edinboro is small but gives off a very home like essence.

morgan

Edinboro University not only offers a truly great education at an affordable price, it is a home away from home. It is a place that has a place for everyone. Staff will go above and beyond to make a student feel comfortable and engaged. Labs are accessible and well appointed. Academic success is achievable for every major.

Grace

Even though I have only attended this school for a rather short period of time, my experience has been more pleasant than not. My professors have been available to me and have seemed like they truly want me to succeed. My classes have been challenging me, but I'm learning a lot and that's why I'm going to college. This university's education program is great and I can't wait to continue my education at Edinboro University.