El Camino Community College District

« See more reviews of El Camino Community College District

At this time in California, there are many budgets cuts that have ripped into the College system. At El Camino and other institutions as well, financial aide is hard to come by. Nearly 9000 students had to appeal their financial aide because they were turned down. And with budget cuts there are fewer classes. A few programs have also been cut in the counseling department, like CALWORKS and the Adult Re-Entry programs. These two programs especially effect the older student or the those with childcare concerns. Many programs students depended upon for special counseling, vouchers, and childcare assistance.

The most frustrating thing about my school, is paying your fees on time. There is a deadline to pay everything but i thinks its too short because every time i just pay something, it feels like only a week went by and I have to pay another thing. It really kills me because I'm dealing with school, church and volleyball at the same time and i think it would be great just to get a little cash to help me get through this. School is great, just the deadlines are driving me crazy.

The only thing that frustrates me is that my teacher will sometimes hand out a lot of worksheets and there wouldn't be enough time to finish them in one day. So then next week he'll give out more papers and we won't get back to the papers from the other day. If you tell him about it, he'll go back to it or either tell us wait till next and that never comes! Other than that, because I am a part-time student, there really isn't much for me to complain about.

The most fustrating thing about my school is being able to meet with a counselor. They have a lot of students and very little counselors to be able to meet all the needs.