El Centro College

« See more reviews of El Centro College

If I could go back in time, the advice I would give myself is, go to college right after high school. Don't sit around and wait to long and end up at dead end jobs. Wait to start a family, you have your whole life ahead of you. Get your education , start your career, then start your family. I wish I could go back in time. I would do a lot of things different. I would advise myself of all the things I would be missing out on, like the experience of staying on campus. College is so important to me now. I'm getting my two teenagers into school. I'm going to make sure they get to have that experience. That experience I missed out on. Just glad I have the opportunity now to go back now, would not trade it for the world.

Even though my mother constantly told me to apply for scholarships, I procrastinated and ended up only applying for the simple scholarships, which I never got. I would definitely tell myself that I would be struggling to pay for my school and I would make myself apply to the scholarships that required short answers and essays. I would also tell myself that I needed to take full course loads even though I am working full time, because I don't like that I'm taking 4 years to get my 2 year degree. Finally I would tell myself that even if assignments are due at the end of the semester, I should stay on top of them, because having 300 definitions to do in 1 day is not easy. Procrastination will be my worst enemy.

I would tell myself to take it easy at the beginning and work on the basics. I would encourage myself to take a couple classes that seem interesting and then decide on a career path based on the classes which really captivated me. I would definitely tell myself to enroll in as many extra clubs and organization as I was comfortable with, both as a mechanism for meeting people, and for personal enrichment. Most of all I would tell myself to take advantage of all that college offers, and to realize how wonderful and unique of an opportunity getting an education really is.

Money makes the world go round, without it your options are very limited. I would tell myself to apply to as many scholarships as possible and hope to recieve the most money before entering college. The less you have to worry about paying for school the easier your school life will be. It is very stressful to figure out where money is going to come from to pay for your next semester. You will cringe at the site of your university asking for their next check.

Well so far I have only been to the orientation as I have said before I start my first day of college Monday August 23. And so far i have really enjoyed my experience the teachers and the falculty are very helpful and nice. In which I really like that because it makes me feel like I am in a safe and comfortable environment. For now I am taking my basics but soon I'll be taking the classes that I love and want to major in which is pastry. I CAN'T WAIT!!!(:

Don't quit now! Don't give up after receiving a diploma. Keep going down that road of education. You haven't accomplished all you can do. You can only get better than you already are. Building character is a rewarding experience you get from education and bettering yourself to a higher level into the best you can be. Just do it. The reward is grand.

If I could go back into time the most important thing I would do is make a 5 year plan. I would plan the right college for me and make sure I take all of the required classes to get into the nursing program. Volunteer in my free time at the local hospital, get more involve.

Speak to an high school advisor about college. I think an a many questions and going to different colleges helps ease the transition. Looking at prerequisites and expectations are very importatnt as well. Most of all focus and dedication.

I would definantly make the decision to stick with it. I wish that i did know then what i know now i am now a single mother with 4 children. i would have gotten an educaton and made a better way for myself before i had children.

Go to college, learn and experience everything that you can because you WILL need the education later in life.