Elmhurst, IL
Elmhurst College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Elmhurst College

Moises

It is good. Thumbs up!

It is good. Thumbs up!

Bailey

I love this college and the vast opportunities provided by it. Being a college athlete it is not always easy to make it to class during season and my professors where very understanding about that, as well as helpful. The college is in a great location with a lot of stuff to do around it.

Loved the college -- it has a lot to offer

Loved the college -- it has a lot to offer

Amber

Overall, I think Elmhurst is a great college and I am glad to be attending. Personally, I came to the school for its great nursing program. Aside from that, I fell in love with the campus and enjoy the small size of it. The community here is super supportive and inclusive as well.

Joanna

I am currently a freshman at Elmhurst College, and this school was not my top choice at all. After the first few months of school and getting to know everyone and the campus, I slowly began to like it because of the plethora of activities I could get involved in, the community feeling I got from living in a residence hall and the great smoothie bar was an absolute plus.

Ikenna
Life at Elmhurst

Life at Elmhurst

Elmhurst College is a great university that has been providing a great learning experience for students in both undergraduate and graduate level since 1871. The atmosphere of the campus is very welcoming that professors and students are friendly to approach either to ask questions about a location of hall as a new student who seems to be lost, or to find out where an office is located at. The location of the university is about 15-20 miles away from my home, which makes it convenient for me to commute in any weather. I like the size of the university as well, its not too small or too big, just perfect like the way I like it. I wouldn't pick any university apart from Elmhurst College. Highly recommended to prospective or future students

Kelly

Elmhurst College has a beautiful campus, friendly students, helpful staff, and most importantly class sizes that are small enough to get attention but large enough where you aren't the only one in class.

My classmates are friendly, organized, and want to work in groups.

Dear HighSchool Me, It's senior year and this is your last year going to school everyday with the friends you have grown to see as family. I know senior year is the year that you want to blow off because you want to runaway to college and never look back; but do us all a favor and don't wish this away. Also, please learn to balance. Balance school and 'fun'. Don’t go for one weekend of doing nothing for school and give yourself a week of torture. But also don’t stay in 24/7 studying because you will feel like a balloon that is about to burst. Create a balance. Create a schedule. Create happiness. These four years are going to be the most crucial to the process of growing up. Lastly, don't try to grow up too fast. Enjoy mom's cooking, dad's jokes, your dog's kisses, and your brother's loud music because if you go away to college; sitting in a 7' by 7' room with a stranger will make you start to miss home and you will start to wonder why you wanted to grow up so fast.

Katie

What I loved about Elmhurst is that the school was small as well as the calls rooms. I also loved that my professors see me evolve from my freshman year to my senior year usually all your major classes are taught by the same professors so you are able to conncect more with them.

Some advice I would give to myself is first would be to apply for a lot of scholarships. The more money you have the more of a chance you will let your parents relax and not have to worry about tuition payments. Also you are more likely to live on campus which makes a huge diffrence. That is one thing I wish I could have done because you are able to use all of what the campus offers. Another thing is practice on how to study, it might sound weird but people do not realise that the study techiniques they used in high school will not always work while you are in college. One last thing is get involved your college expirence is way better when you are involved at school. It will also look good on your resume when employers see how involved you were.

Someone should not attend this school if they want the expirence of a big campus. When I mean big campus I am talking about having to walk long distances from one class to another. Elmhurst College is not that conservative or force anything on you that want you to explore and learn about everything around you.

Jordana

My classmates were mostly liberal and focused on community

My classmates were mostly liberal and focused on community

Elmhurst was the first school to put LGBTQ status on the application. The school is extremely LGBTQ friendly

I would remind myself that college is not the time to get "off track". Stay focused, work hard, and pick a major and stick with it!

Clarissa

I would tell myself to ask for more opportunities to build more for my college applications and extraccurlars

Elmhurst College has a wonderful beautiful campus. The staff members really want to connect to their students. i love the small class sizes. i love the community thay is there.You are able to take a month to study abroad. You can also have intership and externships once you are done out of college.

I would have to say for me, since i help out my parents because they don't work. i would say it would be having the ability to pay for the tutition.

Elmhurst College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.