Elmhurst College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Elmhurst College

Ikenna

Elmhurst College is a great university that has been providing a great learning experience for students in both undergraduate and graduate level since 1871. The atmosphere of the campus is very welcoming that professors and students are friendly to approach either to ask questions about a location of hall as a new student who seems to be lost, or to find out where an office is located at. The location of the university is about 15-20 miles away from my home, which makes it convenient for me to commute in any weather. I like the size of the university as well, its not too small or too big, just perfect like the way I like it. I wouldn't pick any university apart from Elmhurst College. Highly recommended to prospective or future students

Giselle

If you want to go to a school with a great small environment Elmhurst is perfect for you. Everyone is super friendly so it is easy to make friends and if you live on campus you are guarantee to see at least 3 people you know when you leave your dorm room. The professors are very flexible and willing to work with you.The aesthetic of the school is great as well, there are also many dogs walking around campus and the squirrels are very friendly. And if you ever get tired of the cafeteria food downtown Elmhurst is only a ten minute walk away with so many food options as well as activities.

Loved the college -- it has a lot to offer

Amber

Overall, I think Elmhurst is a great college and I am glad to be attending. Personally, I came to the school for its great nursing program. Aside from that, I fell in love with the campus and enjoy the small size of it. The community here is super supportive and inclusive as well.

Joanna

I am currently a freshman at Elmhurst College, and this school was not my top choice at all. After the first few months of school and getting to know everyone and the campus, I slowly began to like it because of the plethora of activities I could get involved in, the community feeling I got from living in a residence hall and the great smoothie bar was an absolute plus.

Rebecca

I love Elmhurst College. All of the professors are accessible and very knowledgable about the fields they are in. The class sizes are very small so you really get to know the people in your class and you have a really personal relationship with your professors.

Saleha

Elmhurst should provide mentorship and better counselor who can guide you to get scholarships information.

Katrina

The first thing you notice is how amazing the campus is. It’s cozy, and makes you feel at home and all faculty and students make you feel the same way. There’s always people there to help, and I know there’s always gonna be someone who cares about me there. There’s also plenty of things to be involved in and you’re always encouraged to join plenty of groups and clubs. I chose Elmhurst mainly because it feels like a home away from home, and I have no doubt that many others feel the same way

Alissa

Elmhurst College is the perfect small town private school with plenty of opportunities and a true commitment to their students. Teachers are dedicated and other staff go out of there way to always help you out. The location is perfect—only blocks away from downtown Elmhurst, so if you need to grab an espresso before hitting the books then Brew Point has you covered. Class sizes are smaller but there are enough students where you can grow personal connections. Course loads are vigorous but only because Elmhurst wants us all to succeed, and our professors help us to do so! I would highly recommend Elmhurst College to anyone because it makes you feel like you’ve come home.

Bailey

I love this college and the vast opportunities provided by it. Being a college athlete it is not always easy to make it to class during season and my professors where very understanding about that, as well as helpful. The college is in a great location with a lot of stuff to do around it.

Andrea

It is a beautiful campus but can be quite expensive. The class size is great if you want a one to one relationship with professors and allows for easy discussion among peers. Students tend to fall in groups whether they are in greek life, sports, or other clubs on campus. It is not hard to find your people there. It is a smaller college so you'll see familiar faces all around and know a lot about people you have never spoken to.

Brenda

I think that Elmhurst is a great college. Downtown Elmhurst is just 7 minutes away and Chicago is 30 minutes away. The community is also safe and the classes are small. This allows for the professor to be able to have more of a connection with their students.

Moises

It is good. Thumbs up!

Elmhurst College is a small private school located minutes away from downtown Elmhurst. Elmhurst college offers many competitive undergraduate and graduate programs, extracurricular opportunities, on-campus jobs, and great student-faculty relationships. The campus provides many study spots as well as newly renovated facilities. Elmhurst College focuses heavily on the academic success of their students as well as athletic success. The Center for Professional Development helps current students with career mentoring and shadowing as well as graduate school preparation. With the variety of clubs and organizations Elmhurst has to offer, every student is sure to find something to be involved in. Elmhurst College is a diverse campus and has opportunities and programs for everyone.

Christina

I absolutely loved my time at Elmhurst College. The campus is absolutely beautiful and it is a registered arboretum. The class sizes are small and you are able to connect with other students and the professors are accessible. There are many clubs and student organizations to join. You should join at least one! I met my husband and closest friends at Elmhurst. It was one of the best experiences of my life.

Stefanie

I'm very happy and excited to be involved with such a caring and professional institute. Elhmhurst has smaller class size, no TA's, a gorgeous campus and so many opportunities for me.

Lisette

Elmhurst College is a cool place to expand your studies. The professors are honestly very attentive to their students, they make time for them apart from their office hours. There are tons of clubs to join, although there is greek life, people are not really interested in that. There are many clubs that attract people from different ethnicities and cultures. It makes students to get involved in clubs.

Morgan

I personally love Elmhurst College because every aspect of it fits me as a person .

Britta

The college is fine, but master's classes are not what I expected them to be in terms of how much I pay versus what I get from them. I'm disappointed that I chose to pursue my master's here.

Lianna

Elmhurst college is a great school and has many opportunities for students to grow and thrive from.

I went there for my undergrad and graduate degree. It feels like a college and is really beautiful. That is one reason I went. It is extremely easy to get around campus. A car is never needed. You can wake up 5 minutes before class and get there on time. Professors are always available over email. People go home on weekends a lot so there isn't always someone around. The professors are really intelligent and usually have their mastery in whatever degree they teach. They offer flexible programs for adults. There is a lot to do around campus that doesn't involve school.

Sydney

If you like a small school and a small friend group vibe, this is the place. Everyone knows everyone and house parties are the big thing unless you can go to the bar which is lit mainly only on thursday nights. and there’s only like 2 main bars and one club. Food isn’t the best but the salad and sandwich bars are nice and clean. Professors aren’t the best but you’ll find a gem at least once a year. Not a bad school but I would have gone else where if I didn’t meet my best friends.

Gabe

As a first year student, I'm so far enjoying Elmhurst College. Next year, it is going to become Elmhurst University, a big change i'm exited to witness. The people I've met have been super friendly, and the teachers are understanding and helpful with us. My current major holds a lot of potential and material that is both interesting and applicable to various types of professions. I'm definitely looking towards my next years hear at Elmhurst.