Elmhurst, IL
Elmhurst College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Elmhurst College

Alyssa

Can you ever change the past? Would you want to, if you could? I was told, in high school, never to open an essay with a rhetorical question. Since entering college, I've heard from various professors all kinds of nutty statements that I will disregard before graduating--but I have learned other things which I hope I will never forget. The first of which is perhaps the harshest: yes, he really did just use you for sex. And he'll keep it up if you let him. Guys suck in high school, but especially in college. The hardest lessons to learn are the ones that hit closest to home. Once you learn that one, you'll quickly learn when to take a drunk friend to the hospital--if you aren't sure, take them. And if you go out on a week night, set at least 5 alarms so you can make it to class the next day. The classes you'll take your first 2 years may not teach you anything conceptually (they aren't like high school APs) but they will teach you how to learn, which is more valuable in many ways.

Good classes, small classes, fun classes. I brag about the football team, because we are awesome. I brag about my friends on campus because they are amazing.

Karen

I would advise myself not to worry. Even though college is stressful, if you stay focused and determined, anything is possible. College is a time for discovering yourself and reaching new limits in your academic career. As long as you are serious about your school work and remain focused, college can be easy. College is fun, exciting, and full of new surprises. College is a place where friends are made and life careers begin. I would go back and tell myself that college will be a wonderful new experience and there is nothing to be afraid of!

Someone who is not focused on their school work.

Since I don't live on campus, I have to drive to campus everyday.

Marta

Save every penny now for future tuition and related expenses. Going to college is expensive, but it's the best investment you'll ever make, so don't hesitate to make that expense, just be well prepared for it.

The absolutely best thing about my school is this institution's flexibility in accomodating the students' needs.

I do brag a lot about my school. The campus is really beautiful and the teachers there are extremely bright.

Kimber

Our school is a small, private school located 30 minutes from Chicago, that allows students and teachers to be on a first name basis.

Our school is highly known for the music program--we are at a good location being near Chicago. Many internships are available for students to recieve. Our education and nursing majors are also two of the largest.

I would tell myself to go to college and be the person that you really want to be. In high school you tend to feed off of your friends and have a little of their personality in yours (especially in a small school); you may gossip too much or get into too many fights or drama, and it may not be the person you really want to be. Go to college and join clubs, make new friends and make your own personality stand out. And don't forget to change the world!

My classmates are very career oriented and friendly.

My classmates are very career oriented and friendly.

Do not think that senior year is a blow-off year. It is really important to put effort into all your classes even though you are almost graduated.

I recomment that students go to class as much as possible and ask teachers for help whenever they need it. The teachers here are always willing to help you if you are struggling.

Christine

Enjoy every minute you have! Don't take your education for granted. This is a wonderful opportunity I have to attend college. Meet people, make connections, and absorb all. Afterall, these people and my education will be with me for the rest of my life!

Someone who wants a big university experience.

The administration is very rigid. They don't want to bend the rules.

Jelena

It is best known for having good business, nursing and music departments. We also have a good men's soccer team.

I would advise myself to participate in many activities on campus and join a sport as well. In addition, I would tell myself to look out for any opportunities to find friends and interact with more people on campus. I'd also tell myself to use more resources open to students that need help with school work.

There was nothing I wish I would have known before coming to Elmhurst College.

The nice location with downtown Elmhurst in walking distance. I love the small class sizes and the smaller size of the campus...

I was very focused in high school because I knew what I needed to do to get to college. I wouldn't do anything different. One thing I would say is not to be afraid to get involved.

Probably food prices. They are way overpriced.

Lisa

Classmates are friendly, generally outgoing, and accepting.

Classmates are friendly, generally outgoing, and accepting.

College is an intimidating venture from being dependent upon others to being an independent individual. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself to take that leap of faith into an unknown world and be confident that I am not the only ackward or apprehensive person partaking in this new experience. The transition between adulthood and childhood is not defined by the age you are or the year of school you are in, but how you handle the insecurities and the unknowns. I would stress most importantly that you are never too old to get and strive for an education, but it has great benefits to take the path at an earlier age. Being aware of your goals, strive to be the best, and never succumb to others' pressures and influences that could adversely affect your future.

I wish I had known that the community of older students was small. Also, I wish I had investigated more social and/or school organizations that I could partake in or join for a fuller acedemic experience.

Susan

In order for parents/students to find the right college they need to take their time. Be sure to visit many colleges to get a feel for the campus life. Also, I would recommend starting at a community college in order to take general education courses at a lower cost. This will also give the student the opportunity to learn about their interests which should help with selecting a major and area of concentration.

Someone who wants to attend this school should be open minded and tolerant of other cultures.

Elmhurst College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.