Henderson, TN
Freed-Hardeman University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Freed-Hardeman University

grace

My school is a beautiful place where you feel as if you are with family even though you are far from home.

I have learned so much already about my future profession and am thrilled for the future. I have met so many people that have changed my life for the better. Living on my own has been an experience that will help me in many ways. I look forward to leaning even more about life and how to live it in a positive way in my next two years of college. College is very expensive, but I think that what I have learned both formally and informally at Freed-Hardeman is invaluable. Living well spiritually is very important at this school and I am learning to be successful at that as well as in my chosen field.

I suppose the worst thing that I canthink of about my school is that it is in a very small town. I personally enjoy the beauty of the old buildings in the town and the small town atmosphere, but it is slightly inconvenient for shopping. You must drive about ten miles to the nearest town for things other than groceries or basic items.

Adrian

Freed-Hardeman University, unlike any of the other schools I considered attenting this year, is a Christian private college.

Were I able to travel back in time, I would first tell my high school self to begin immediately researching schools in the area. Travelling far away for college may seem exciting, I would continue, but in the end, homesickness and a lack of a feeling of belonging will eventually lead you to think otherwise. Before you even contemplate attending college, wherever you may decide that to be, you should first look into scholarships and financial aid. Paying for college has been an immense struggle, and with your GPA, you aren't eligible for many school awards or grants. But above all else, I would conclude, make absolute certain that wherever you attend, it's somewhere friends can be easily made. Whether far from home or within walking distance, gaining friends in college is vital, not only for companionship and social opportunities, but for business opportunities later in life. So begin now laying the foundations for your transition to college. You will need the ground work in place before you try to build your education.

Given the fact that it's a Christian college, I believe that many life experiences are shut out. The administration tries to keep the students inside a perfect bubble of Christian harmony and Christain faith, though the "outside world" is very much anything but harmonious or religious.

Amber

College flies by faster than high school. It?s a wonder I?ve made it so far in these last few years. My advice would be: Enjoy the years to come. Everything you?re about to experience is new and exciting. There?s nothing to be afraid of. Get involved in activities, be outgoing but never lose your true self. You know what?s right and keep your eyes focused on God. He will take care of you through the easy and the difficult times. Also, go ahead and declare your major as English. You?ll waste a lot of time trying to decide if you don?t, and in the end, you know that?s what you want to do. Ohio Valley University is a great school and you will make many lasting friends, but don?t be afraid to branch out and transfer schools. Freed-Hardeman University will bring you a lot of joy and you will be glad you made the change. In everything you do, trust your instincts and don?t let regret cloud your memories. You will make something of yourself. You have a lot to look forward to.

The cost of the school is a little bit higher than I can afford. I have difficulty to getting funding, but many others do not have this problem.

Sometimes there are businesses that close earlier than I would like them to. Fortunately, the school owns a coffee shop and a small convenience store, so there is always somewhere to go when you're hungry late at night.

Shelby

First of all, I would tell my past self to pack more socks. Laundry is not so fun when you've got four exams to study for and and a class to get to in half an hour. More socks equals less laundry. My second piece of advice would be to get to know everyone, and I mean everyone. Once you get to college, it's a whole new world. You don't have your parents, your old teachers, your friends from high school, you're on your own. Which means you need to branch out. Don't just look for people who were like your group of friends back home. In fact, look for people who aren't exactly who you would peg to be your friends in high school. Figure out where they're from, what their major is, what their favorite color is. You might find someone who can help you study for Calculus or likes the same kinds of movies as you. The people you meet when you get to college are going to be your family away from home, and they'll help you grow into the person you're going to be.

I think the worst thing about this school would probably be how many rules there are to follow. Most of the rules come from the Christian ideals the university stands for, but I can see how anyone who didn't share those ideals wouldn't like how strict they can be. There is a curfew, a strict dress code, a no tolerance drinking policy, no men are allowed in the women's dorms and vice versa, etc.

It is a Christian university, and while anyone could feel at home there, people who don't share the ideals of the university probably won't like how many rules there are. Also, most (but not all) of the students do share those ideals, so someone who didn't might feel out of place, but not unwelcome. Someone who thrives on city life probably wouldn't like it either. Henderson is twenty minutes away from the nearest walmart...

Benjamin

If I could talk to myself when I was a highschool senior there would be a lot for me to say. I would tell myself not to worry so much on the fun things those will happen no matter what you do and you'll have time for them. You'll meet the best set of friends you've ever had and find the most wonderful girl in the world. Worry about the important stuff. The whole reason you are going to college is to get a degree and find a good job at the end of four years. I know you haven't done a lot in the past and you'll realize this when you start looking for scholarships, but trust me it will help you a great deal to study hard this semester and receive great grades. No matter how much you hate it write every essay in english class, put your best effort into every speech you're assigned and remember your quizzes due every friday at five. Bowling won't be the only class you'll enjoy this year. Just remember grades first, relationships second, fun third,

I wish I had known how much fun it was going to be so that I could control my self a little bit more. It has so much going on and a lot of stuff that you can do in between major activities that if your not careful you can waste all your time in play and not get any work or studing done. I also wish I knew that I'd find the best girl in the world here so that I wouldn't waste time looking for her and spend more time with her and not rush things.

I guess the worst thing about my school is that it is so expensive. I come from a family that is self employed and hit hard by the recession and money is tight. In total it costs more than 20,000 a year to attend. However i do think that i'm getting my money's worth. I'm probly going to end up taking out loans and finish school with a mountain of debt.

Jonathan

1. Being a very religious school. Great Bible department, great business department, great students. We host Lectureships every year. Great oppurtunity to hear great men of faith speak on Biblical issues and topics. Many churches come and interview students for internships for the following summer

I would advise myself to become more structured. Become more organized. I would remind myself that I need a to-do list and that I need to make a schedule of when class time is, when I need to study and do homework, and then add free time. I would warn myself of the many distractions that are at college, away from home. Besides those few things, I would not give anymore advice. There are some things that one needs to learn on their own. People need to learn from their own mistakes. Isn't that what life is about? Taking your mistakes, your weaknesses and making them into strengths. Life is full of oppertunities, full of excietment, full of lessons. Why take that away from myself?

1. Someone who likes big schools 2. Someone who hates people

Freed-Hardeman is known for being a small private Chritian college. It is known for providing a very strong Christian atmosphere. It also has a mojority of bible majors though many other degrees are offered.

Dear Emily, College life is great; you will love it! All those things you're expecting, it's true. However, there is some advice you could use. First, talk to your future roommate more. Get to know her better. You might want to consider finding a new roommate. Secondly, though you will love college, you need to realize that it is a big adjustment. Living somewhere new with not many people you know takes some adjusting. You'll be fine, you will adjust great! Just don't let it get you down. Next, be confident in yourself. You have so many opportunities ahead of you and so many great potential friendships. Don't let your insecurities get in the way. Not everyone you meet will be your best friend, but keep meeting people, your best friends are out there. Also, stop trying to be friends with the ex-boyfriend. It's only going to frustrate you. Lastly, listen to dad when it comes to applying for scholarships and getting a job. You won't want to constantly worry about paying for college later, so do it now. And remember, with God first everything else will fall in place. Love, Emily

Freed-Hardeman University is a great school for anyone desiring a good education in a small school, Christian environment. If making quality relationships with teachers, fellow students, and God while getting an education is your main goal, then this is the right school. I chose Freed so I could make friendships that could last me a lifetime. I also graduated from a small private Christian high school where I knew everyone. A small private Christian college is exactly what I wanted.

Ramona

The first thing that I would tell myself is, "Ramona, don't wait to go to college. Get into it right after high school." And once you get there, be like a sponge. Soak up every bit of knowledge that you can. It may seem like earning a degree will take such a long time, but it actually flies by! I wish would have done just that. Because, I decided to take a break after high school, I got pregnant, got married, and worked in dead end jobs. I ended up taking a 26 year "break". I would definitely encourage myself to go for it immediately. College life is very exciting and fast paced. It requires a tremendous amount of discipline and dedication. The transition would have been so much easier had I went to college when I was fresh out of high school.

Gary

Given the chance to go back to my senior year of high school, I would have definitely fought harder to not succumb to senioritis! Adjusting to ?college life? has not been a problem for me, ever since I got to school; nearly everything about that aspect has come easily. However, I got a few B's where I should have gotten A's during my senior year, and it cost me thousands in scholarship money. But beyond that, I would have definitely tried to look harder for scholarships. As much as I love attending school at Freed-Hardeman University, It seems that I never have a nickel to spare, I owe it all to the school. My parents credit and my own lack of credit makes it so that I owe the school a large sum of money that the bank will not let me borrow, so every penny counts. Trying harder on my grades and in my scholarship search during my senior year would have made attending this great university much less of a hassle financially.

I brag about how much I love going to school at Freed-Hardeman. It is very expensive to attend, but I think that it is overall worth it. At least, I think that now, before I have to pay back my student loans!

That would definantly be the cost. Tuition is near thirteen thousand dollars a year, room and board another ten thousand. It seems sometimes that the school is money hungry at the expense of other more important things.

Casey

A conservative, private Christian university with an small and emotionally close population of students and teachers.

This school is a lot smaller than most other schools around. Also, it's a private Christian university. It's tough to find a place as small, friendly, and wholesome as Freed. Nearly everyone here is pleasant and will treat you like thier best friend, even on your first meeting.

I was one of those people that really coasted through high school. Nothing was that tough to me, and what I called studying was reading through the book or notes the class period beforehand. If I could go back to give young me some advice, it would be to learn then how to study effectively. It was a really hard transition from high school to college, and especially harder because of my inability to study correctly. Thankfully, I've started to get the hang of it. I wish I'd known how to study like this back in high school.

Freed-Hardeman University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.