East Hartford, CT
Goodwin College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Goodwin College

dayna

My classmates are all unique.

My classmates are all unique.

If I can go back in time to when I was a senior in high school I would tell myself to get a head start on looking at different colleges. When choosing a college you have to choose one that is a best fit for you. This is a place where you will be at for a while and you want to learn in a comfortable environment. Choosing the right college is also important when thinking of the finances that you earn. Knowing what I know now I would have looked more into the financial aspect of this school and shopped around more. Choosing the right school for you is important in the long run.

What I consider to be the best thing at my school is the advisors. They really care and help you to stay on the righr track for completing your degree. They make sure you register for classes on time and give out your plan of study. They show a great appreciation as well as happiness for attending Goodwin College and completing your degree.

Allyssa

I would tell myself to enjoy the college experience. Focus on your school work but also don't try to get all of the tasks done. Enjoy each task as it is being completed and learn as much as possible. It flies by.

The worst thing about my school is the communication between offices. The registrar, departments, and so on do not seem to communicate well with each other especially if missing information.

The kind of person that should not attend Goodwin College is someone who cannot be an independent learner. As an online student, you must be willing to do the work for the most part yourself. You also have to be dedicated to learning. You have to be willing to speak up for yourself as well and get the classes you want. If so they are very willing to work with you.

Tanya

Goodwin College is best known for the nursing program. I am not in the nursing program as yet, but I hear that the professors are great and very helpful. However, Goodwin College received an outstanding award for "Best Places to Work in Connecticut in 2014."

I would tell myself that college is not as frightening as people make it seem. College is only hard if you don't put the time and effort in your work. College might seem like it would take a long time be time flies by before you know it your two or four years are done before you know it. There is always someone to help you in college you wont be by yourself. Picking the right college is important because you need to be happy and love the school you would see for the next two to four years. When you finish school and in the career you desire to be in you will be more happier and stable in your life.

Goodwin College is my home. When I walk into Goodwin College I feel at ease. The professors love what they do and you can tell. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure that the students are happy. I had attended three different colleges and Goodwin is the only one that made me feel like I belong there. Goodwin College has workshops for students such as Time management, Memory, Avoiding Plagiarism, create a study guide, Study Skills, Testing Taking, and much more. Goodwin is a great college and I am proud to be apart of the Goodwin family.

Alex Anthony

What do I wish I had known before I came to this school is the financial aid. As a first generation student, I have no idea of what financial aid is and my high school did as much as they could but I still had no understanding of financial aid. What I will have done differently is contact the school and discuss more about loans and best way for me to finish without receiving a gargantaun amount of loans to payback. Also, I would have also done some research on the degree programs they have.

The type of person that should not attend this school are people who are inactive in classes. Everyone should know that college is all on you, you pay your room/board, your classes, food that you eat and where you go. College is the passage way of becoming a adult and learning how to take care of yourself. The teachers are nice and hard working but does not mean students can wrap them around their fingers. If you are not doing assignments you will fail the class and it will be difficult to overcome the burden.

Karen

Great question! The best advice I could give myself would be to push myself to step out of my comfort zone and involve myself in activities, clubs, sports, a sorority, etc. It is a great way to meet people and even though it may be uncomfortable at first, it's an amazing opportunity to expand your social skills and in a way, create a new life for yourself. I would have given myself the same advice going in to high school. I grew up in the parochial school system so I was very shy and introverted - afraid to step out of my shell all four years of high school. College is everyones time to shine. It's a fresh, new beginning with no need to fear the "what ifs" as long as you give your best every day with no regrets then you cannot ask anymore of yourself.

I would say the only "bad" thing about Goodwin is that in order to apply to the nursing program I am required to take courses that I feel I have comparably taken in the past already but did not transfer over or the level course is not the equivalent to Goodwins. I have my B.S. from Uconn so I have many years of classes under my belt so it is frustrating to feel this sets me back a little further from obtaining my BSN, however I am very pleased with the reputation that Goodwin has in the nursing department!

Any student wanting to better their lives and continue their education would be the best fit for Goodwin College. Essentially, any individual not interested in furthering their education or whose heart really is not in taking their education seriously should not attend Goodwin. Goodwin strives to accommodate each and every student so that they have the best possible chance at obtaining the future they dream of. Goodwin wants to see every student succeed so it is crucial that all attendees of Goodwin College possess the motivation and dedication necessary to achieve greatness!

Kelly

All instructors come from careers in the subject that they are teaching.

All instructors come from careers in the subject that they are teaching.

My biggest regret was not enrolling in AP courses in 12th grade. I could have saved a lot of money in the long run and would have been able to complete my degree quicker. What seemed like it would have been a huge amount of work and a financial burnden of 100 dolllars for an AP test, could have allowed me to bypass many freshman requirements.

My tuition is through the roof because they cater to inner city families as opposed to students who have to work for a living. All of the people who come here for free are problematic, often disruptive and professors are suckers for letting them make up work when they skip classes

I wish I had known exactly how expensive Goodwin College would cost before I was enrolled.

The worst thing about Goodwin College is their Business Office. Everyone in the school is incredibly helpful and friendly, doing everything they can to help you succeed. The Business Office is the exception. They are rude, unfriendly, and it's difficult to get ahold of anyone when you need help. Maybe they people who work there appear to be rude because all the other staff is so friendly and helpful.

Maria

I HAVE NOT STARTED YET..

I HAVE NOT STARTED YET..

I will had loved to finish high school and then go to nursing. I waited to late to finish high school and start nursing school. If i can go back in time i will do everything diffrent. I will tell myself maria finish school and then go to do our nursing and then get married and have kids. Travel and enjoy my job and my family to,i would of love to go to school for nursing when i ws younger because i would of had more energy and i would of worked and safe my money and invest in a house. Travel and maybe go further into the medical field.If i could go back i will deffently would of tell my friends how good it feels to have a good job and i job that i will always be able to help others. One thing i always liked is helping the spanish people because lots of the olderly don't understand or know how to talk and explaine to the english speaking nurses..Nursing for me is about helping and taking care of those that cant do for them selfs. Am going to enjoy thid work very much...

Sara

Friendly, caring students and staff but expensive!

Friendly, caring students and staff but expensive!

To do it right the first time. This is my 2nd college experience and I am now in my 30's. I first went to college and had too much fun that I forgot about attending classes. It took over 10 years to get back to college because life gets in the way. I am so excited to be just over a year away from graduating and having a career that I will retire from. Work-Life-Play balance is important.

Deseree

My classmates are older and mature individuals that have given life a second chance, and now that they want to succeed so badly they are determined not to fail.

This college thing is no joke. You have to really know what you are getting yourself into. This is the time in your life when learning really counbts. High School may vae been hard but college will make it seem like a piece of cake. Please remember that you will not be "spoon fed" in college. The teachers wont pressure you to complete your assignments or even to pay attention inclass and you wont be told to read and keep up on assignments. You have to be responsible for this stuff yourself. This is when you have to act grown up. You have alot of money ridding on this. Please make the best of these years. This is also the time that you make life long friends and sometimes your partner. Enjoy and work hard.

The only advice is that if you are not ready to learn and to advance in life this is not the place for you. If you are young minded and into playing games do not go to Goodwin. If you are trying to pursue a type of sport, Goodwin is not the place for you.

Goodwin College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.