East Hartford, CT
Goodwin College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Goodwin College

Amara

It's the best to go for education in Connecticut.

It's the best to go for education in Connecticut.

The advice that I would give my self is to aim for all A's and B's in school because if you want scholarships and grants to go into the best schoosl they pay attention to grades and also participation in after school activities . Make sure you apply to scholarships your senior year it will save you money in the long run. Never give up on yourself, college is never too much. Study your lesson for the week in your classes a week in advance so that you can be ahead of the game when you attend classes. Always be disciplined because no one tell you your schedule or what to do in college.

The Best thing about going to my school is the diversity of the student body. The help that you receive in classes and the care that the teacher put in into making sure every student passes.

Michelle

Please DO NOT take a break from college. I proimse it will not be easier than now! Having 2 daughters and a senior citizen mother to support is not the ideal time in life to complete your college education. If you feel like you are overwhelmed then go part time. Look at moving back home for a semester, but whatever you do - DO NOT STOP GOING! You can do this. No matter what life brings you, you always make the best of it. I know it is hard when life uses you as a punching bag but honestly you are single without any responsibilities other than going to school. You do not want to be 36, a mom of an 8 an 11 year old, caregiver to a 76 year old mother, trying to complete full time nursing school. At that point there are not enough hours in the day to do everything you want. Something will have to give and it will most likely be sleep. So do yourself a favor - Work hard, study like it's your job, aim for a 4.0 - Because when you get a 4.0 you will never be more proud of yourself!

A student who is looking for a lively campus with a lot of non academic related activities. This is not a school for the partyier or someone who is looking for that type of nightlife. Students here are extremely dedicated to their learning and quite honestly do not have time to party. It is also probably not the best school for someone who wants the summers off. Our campus is very busy during the summer with a ton of full time students working very hard at their classes.

When I was a high school senior I had no idea what I wanted to choose for my eventual career. After graduation I decided to become an emergency medical technician, instead of going to college, and then obtained my paramedic license. I have now decided to go back to school to become a nurse and in doing so I have learned a lot about the college process. If I could go back in time and do things over I think that I would have taken more time and looked into the true costs of college, the time frame for achieving college goals, and researched how student loans work. I feel like these topics are not talked about enough in high school and I wished that I had known more about them before I graduated. At my current job, I interact with a number of high school students and recent high school graduates and I spend a lot of time helping them to research colleges, cost of programs, and educate them on how loans work. I am unable to go back in time and learn these lessons any earlier myself so I spend my time helping prospective students research.

I wish that I had known that I could do more prerequisite courses at another school before being admitted to the nursing program. Once you are a matriculated student you cannot transfer any additional courses in and this led me to taking an algebra course without being able to receive credit for it. If I could do it again I would most likely take more of the genereal education requirements at a community college before applying to the nursing program in order to decrease the overall cost of my college education.

I think that the worst thing about Goodwin College is that it costs a lot and you have to take out a decent amount of student loans in order to cover that cost. I wish that it was a lower cost school but I appreciate that the campus is new and the equipment that we use is great equipment. I feel like I worry less about the cost because I am surrounded by a great faculty and excellent campus.

Tyler

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to begin learning how to manage time better. That is one of the biggest issues that freshman in college struggle with trying to adjust to. Only needing to take a few classes a day for a few hours really allows yourself to have a lot of free time on your hands. What do you then do with all of that free time? I would advise myself to make sure that a good chunk of it is spent studying and doing work in the library because after adjusting to those ways I saw a significant raise in my GPA. I would also tell my high school self to be sure to make smart decisions, try learning how to become independent, and to be responsible. College is no joke. This is where you choose a career that you will be doing for the rest of your life! Do not go out partying on weeknights and then end up missing class the following morning. Make your parents proud. Do not waste their money. Graduate and make something of yourself! Go make a difference!

I consider the worst thing about Goodwin College to be its retention rate, which currently stands at 57%, and its graduation rate, which is currently 27%. These two percentages are way below the Connecticut average, and I do not feel that they make a great statement about the school. What future student would want to attend a college where only nearly half the current amount of students actually graduate? I just do not believe that those numbers make a great reputation for the school.

I do not believe that a person should attend this school if they are not anticipating pursuing a future career. What would be the point in wasting away money if a person is not going to take going to school or making a future for him or herself seriously?

charlene

How much it actually would cost me to finish my degree

How much it actually would cost me to finish my degree

I would advise myself to work harder. When I was a high school student, I didn't apply myself to my full capacity. Knowing that I am capable of being on the Dean's List as I am now, I would tell myself to work harder and never give up when something seemed too hard. Getting a college education has been something I will forever be grateful for, as many people in this world cannot have the same experience as we all can in the U.S. Determination and being a driven person gets everyone through any obstacle they may be facing.

If you are searching for a school that is career based and faster pace this is definitely the right school. Th faculty and staff really make the learning experience great!

Gladys

Goodwin College is a career-focused institution. It has an amazing reputation for fully preparing their gradutes with not only the book knowledge requiered in their chosen profession but with the hands-on experience, via internship and community service opportunities. The students at Goodwin are hard workers and remain focused in the face of the many trials and tribulations they may be facing outside of the campus. It helps that Goodwin offers a vast array of support services to the student body, with new programs and/or services always being added-- From their food pantry- to free counseling services.

As a single 31 year old mother of three sons, aged 15, 12 and 7 years old, the best advice I would give myself would be to "Go For IT!."I would strongly and convinsingly express that I will not only be able to do it, I will find that I will surpass my own expectations, gain recognition, accolades from my peers & collegues, and find a strenght-part stubbornes, part pride- that would surprise even myself. I would argue that there is no perfect time, for anything, and that this moment in time was as best time as any to embark on a wonderful, fulling, and rewarding education journey. I would testify to the unwavering and strong support from my family, peers, and collegues- even if this was not clear to me then. I would take my hand and say that the fear of the unknown and new can be perceived as terrifying, but it's just a perceiption- it is comfortable and safe to remain in place but the adventures, the experiences that such a risk brings will take you, show you, and introduce you to persons, places, and things you would have otherwise cheated yourself of. Go, NOW!

The most frustrating thing is not related to Goodwin College at all-- it stems from the limited access via the State's Public Transportation system. As someone who relies on this mode of transport to get to Goodwin I know the difficulties the system poses but i have also witnessed first hand the attempts Goodwin has made to "fix" this need. Going as far as offering a new shared bike program that allows for students to borrow a bike at thRC Campus, drive it 3-4 city blocks to the capus on Main St, park it- and take the bus.

Jose

The thing that's unique about this school is that faculty interact very well with students. You feel as if they are a part of your family when you attend here. They're very caring and they want to see you succeed.

If I could go back in time as a high school senior, and knowing the college life and makin the transition, I would tell myself that I would need to apply to as many scholarships and grants that I possibly could because college is expensive. I would have found a part time job and put money away in a savings account towards college books and materials. I would also tell myself that the transition from high school to college is not as difficult if you're a hard worker and is passionate to succeed. Personally, I would love to attain a Masters Degree in Business Administration but financially I can't afford it. I won't give up on my dreams because I'm having problems paying for school. It will only motivate me to work ten times as hard to make sure that I get that degree. I believe that yourself is the only one responsible for your success and if you give up because you encounter problems, all you have to do is put a hurdle right over those problems and jump over them. You can't let one thing get in the way of you becoming successful.

Before I came to this school I wish I've had known of diffrent scholarships and grant opportunities. This school is quite expensive.

Sonya

I would tell myself to ask for help, and to take my future much more serious and not be afraid of failure. Call mulitple colleges and to have went back to school much sooner.

CARRIE

They are well known for their nursing program. In my experience so far, they are well known to me because of the small classroom size, flexible class schedule and personal relationships from teacher to student. I love the atmosphere and feel at home; I'm not overwhelmed by a huge campus which was important to me.

The only thing I would complain about would be the cost, it is a bit pricey in comparison to some other accredited schools nearby.

Goodwin College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.