Hamilton College

« See more reviews of Hamilton College

Hamilton is just the right size; the student population is small enough so that you know the majority of the people in your year, but large enough so that everyone does not know everyone else's business. People are generally impressed when they hear that I attend Hamilton--Hamilton is a prestigious school. I spend most of my time in List (art major), but I am never in one place for too long. The latest controversy has been over May Day and the fact that Eve 6 is going to be playing--two of the organizations that plan the outdoor event have very different opinions about how the event should be run.

I love Hamilton, it's been one of the best experiences of my life. The opportunities here rival anything any other school can possibly offer. The resources and support students recieve here is amazing compared to what other schools offer. When Hamilton says anything is possible. They mean it, they'll support you in any way they can. Students are smart, masters at procrastination, but ultimately we write better and speak better than alot of kids I've met from the Ivy's and other top 20 liberal arts colleges. And the Alumni are an amazing committed group of individuals.

Hamilton is a small school but the facilities and resources that it has are equal to that of much larger schools. The professors are great people who really take the time to get to know you, classes are very small compared to other colleges, and are very challenging. There is not much to do around the school, so mostly all parties are held on campus. The school does an excellent job at keeping students on campus and providing transportation on weekend nights as well as an all-night diner.

The Split between the dark side and light side is huge here. Except for the mix of kids in classes in sometimes feels like there are two schools here with the more artsy dark side and more preppy light side. Since there's no real town here to go to, everything has to happen on campus and most people stick to their side because they like the people there and also (espescially during the frigid winters) because they dont want to make the trek across campus.

Hamilton is the perfect size. You don't know every single person, but you know a lot of people. Walking on campus any given day you'll say hi to at least five people every ten minutes. Students can have a good time, but we can also be very serious too. Our college town is small, but we have a good relationship. We are very proud of our school. I will always remember the day my friends threw me a birthday party after only having known me for a month.

Bottom line, you have to love snow. There is nowhere to go, nothing to do in the area outside campus, so you go on hikes in the "Glen" or cross country ski or just drink hot chocolate and watch movies. There's always stuff going on, like concerts and speakers. The campus and administration are very interested in bringing entertainment to us, since there's nothing around.

Hamilton, like any place, has its ups and downs. it can feel very claustrophobic at times, or can seem very intimate at others. People can easily seem apathetic, but I think if you look closer you will find that everyone is committed to something meaningful in some way. Sometimes it is just ver obscured by the rich and preppy exteriors people possess.

The size of Hamilton is fantastic to me, as our the students I have met. The professors are phenominal, and Clinton is a fine town. I'd say most people love it here, but it certianly isn't for everyone. It is isolated, and it is small, and you have to want those things to succed here.

Hamilton is the perfect size for me, when I tell people I go to Hamilton they're like,"wow you must be really smart!" lolz There is a lot of school pride and I spend most of my time either doing my work in my dorm room or practicing in the chapel.

I really like Hamilton, but it can seem a little too small at times. There really isn't much of a college town, which I regret. There is a lot of school pride and plenty of interesting events going on around campus.