Hamilton College

« See more reviews of Hamilton College

The size of the school is great. In my last year here I am still meeting new people. The campus is also a nice size--it takes only about 10 minutes to walk from one size of campus to the other. The winters can be brutal, but once the temperature hits above freezing, we nearly forget the cold at once. The ability and flexibility for study abroad opportunities is great.

professors are great- approachable, reasonable, good to converse with, etc. small class size is amazing no core curriculum is excellent, can take what interests you no matter what great music department Clinton is very tiny college town, 2 bars on college street are very highly attended though great parties at Hamilton for entire campus.

On the East Coast, especially in academic circles, Hamilton has a very positive reputation as a college. Outside New England, the recognition factor gets a little spotty, but you don't go to Hamilton for the name. You go because it's one of the best schools for writing in the country, with an intellectual, tightly-knit student body.

In the end, Hamilton was the best fit for me. When I think about things that I would change, they end up being quite minor. Sometimes I wish we were a little further south and out of the snow belt, and sometimes I wish we were D1 athletics. Still, looking back I would choose to attend this wonderful place over and over again.

Hamilton's isolated atmosphere is both a curse and a blessing. On the one hand, everyone is forced to find a social group that agrees with them, because otherwise they'd be bored out of their skulls. On the other hand, there is no way to go off campus without a car, and nobody has much interest in going off campus.

i love the glen - its a gorgeous place to walk (and smoke). the campus has a quaint, intimate feeling. there is no college town to speak of - clinton, ny is no cultural mecca, but it does have its perks. the students have a reputation for being liberal, but i'd say they're more apathetic than anything.

The size of the school is perfect for me: just under 2000 undergraduate students. The lack of graduate students means that professors teach at Hamilton because they want to teach undergraduates. I have received much personalized attention that has helped me grow personally and academically.

Hamilton is a small school in a fairly rural setting. That said, students may complain about the lack of anything to do around here but we get along. There is fun to be made in the woods just as much as the fun a person can find in a city. It just depends on what a person is interested in.

The College is small, the academics tend to be challenging, and the community is extremely tightly-knit. Students are busy, often involved with seven days' worth of extracurricular activities and obligations, and relationships between faculty members and students are quite close.

I guess the thing I love about Hamilton is it's size, it's not that much bigger than my high school. Because of this, the professors are able to give one-on-one support to the students when they need it which is very helpful given how intense some of the courses are.