Honolulu, HI
Hawaii Pacific University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hawaii Pacific University

Vasil

My school has very friendly and kind attitude to all its students.

My school has very friendly and kind attitude to all its students.

They were a mixture of different people that were collected from many international countries.

The college life makes the young people to mature. The college is the border between the youth and maturity. When I got in my college for the first time in my life some years ago, I did not realize that I would start a new life that is very different from the previous. To study in college is very different than to study in high-school. When people study in college, they bring greater responsibilities for their actions. Also the college students are separated from their families and they need to control their life alone by themselves because there is nobody to help them. Everybody should helps himself. When I went to college, I became independent from my family and I had to find financial resources to support myself. It was not so easy in the begining because I had relied in all my life only on my family but I succeeded to conform to the difficulties of my new life. Now, when I'm already a graduate student, I feel that this experience that I have passed through was very useful to build my character of a strong person.

Chamaigne

College is a dramatic change from high school. Have fun, but understand that your college careert directly affects your life's career. Study hard and work with other students in your field to help through your studies. Your study group will be a great support system, as all of you are in the same boat. Have time with them both in school and out of school. Participate in class/group activities, these times offer some of the best opportunities for learning, even if you say the wrong answer, your classmates will still support you because many of them probably didn't know the answer too. Get your degree now, just do it and especially just finish it!

Don't trust the academic advisors that create your career path, they may not know or care about the real truth.

Those that want a career in nursing, oceanography, and business.

Brandon

My classmates are the most diverse set of students you will ever meet. HPU students are from different ethnic backgrounds as well as from all parts of the world. Just about everyone is friendly and always willing to give a helping hand, all you have to do is ask. There really are no trouble makers in this set of students. All classmates will make you feel at home.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a highschool senior, I would tell myself to enroll in as many college credit highschool courses as possible and take the highest level of math available to me at the time. Colleges accept high maths as they would college level math and I would have saved myself that hassle of taking math again. I also would tell myself to relax and enjoy my time as a senior and not to grow up so fast. Graduate highschool with the highest GPA possible so that you can obtain some kind of scholarship to help take the financial burden of your parents as well as yourself. I would say: "Brandon, relax, enjoy this last year of highschool and when you do get to college, go full-time, year round, and hit it as hard as you can!"

Before I came to this school, I wish I would have known about the meal plans and the bus card. Very easy way to save yourself some cash in the long run. I also wish I would have known that this school was as great as it really is. I wouldnt have stressed about going to college.

Cami

I would tell myself to be organized, collected, and confident. I would make sure that I was dedicated, and tell myself that no matter how hard it may get, no matter how many late nights I will spend drilling myself on science and history, no matter how many times I throw my pen across the room in frustration because I can not figure out the math problem, no matter the tears and the discouragement, I would tell myself that it will be all worthwhile, and to keep going. I would encourage myself to learn what helps me to study the best early, so that I would be prepared and not waste time trying to figure it out. My high school self would need to know that even though I would be making the transition to a new place, I would find friends and have experiences that I would never regret or forget. Above all else, I would tell myself to wake up each morning determined to do my best, and to look forward to each experience that would come my way. Dont go to school with a bad attitude, and you will learn so much more.

I wish I would have had a degree plan already.

It is a very small school, which can sometimes make a student feel isolated. It is also extremely expensive to attend.

Lori-Ann

HPU is great for working adults with families, in which they have a wide assortment of online classes as well as a extremely supportive counseling advisors to help in my career path.

My online classmates, who come from a diversity of many cultures and career dreams, are very supportive, have wonderful netettiquette and great source of information.

High school seniors have difficult decisions to make taking the big step forward toward college life. I feel college is an important aspect on your future goals and career; however you need to be mentally prepared and be ready for higher level of education. College allows placing you in a different mentality and provides you with all the necessary tools to accomplish your goals; you just need to find it in yourself to utilize these tools to your advantage. Responsibility and building a good GPA is the key to success. It will open the doors to many opportunities and advancement to programs and career choices. My advice to accomplish good grades in a course would be to: 1) discipline yourself study time, 2) turn in assignments by the specified deadline and 3) asking instructors/professors assistance or asking questions if there is confusion on an assignment or project. Master writing papers is essential, any course you register for will need some form of paper writing. Having experienced college life, I really hope you will think about what I said and use it to your advantage and you will succed and adjust really well to college life.

When I was a high school senior, I considered attending a community college to help save money financially while I finished the pre-requisites and core classes needed for my nursing major. I thought it would be easier financially and that I could transfer the credits to the University I wanted to attend. However, if I had known sooner, I would have directly attended the University as a freshmen to complete my core classes there so that I may finish earlier. The University I am attending now allowed the students into the Nursing School by how many home university credits they have as the tier system. Because of this tier system, I had to take other classes to increase the amoutn of credits I had at the University after transferring into the school. I would tell myself the transition into this University would have been as easy as transitioning to a community college as this university offers small class sizes as well.

Hawaii Pacific University is very culturally diverse. There are students from all parts of the world and from countries I have never heard of. It is great to meet people from different places because it allows me to understand and see cultures from a different perspective. The faculty is also very supportive in making the students reach their fullest potential.

I wish I would be better financially prepared with the tuition costs and how to plan the payments.

Barton

There are students from over 100 of countries in the world. You can learn about other persons life by going to school here. It gives you new way of looking at life and teaaches you the skills you need to get a job. What I like the most about the school is that there are lots of activities provided by the school, which gives someone a chance to meet new people. Also the residence halls provide a relaxing atmosphere that gives anyone a chance to easily meet new people.

Making the transition is easy; although you have to be smart when managing your time. The first week is the busiest so coordinate with your roomate (if you have one) what each of you will bring. You can start learning people's names and where they're from during this busy moving in process. Your going to meets lots of different people. Don't be scared of going out of your room and meeting everyone. They're just as scared as you are when starting college. Keep a good attitude and you'll do fine. If you're scared of going outside, you should keep your door open so people can drop in and say hi. The key thing right now in high school is to work as hard as you can. I think high school is tougher than college because you have less free time in high school. Get as much scholarships as you can so you don't have to waste your own money. It's important to have money in college. Also, keep your grades up! This is the most important thing because then you'll have an easier time not having to worry about money.

Being able to talk to people from other places in the US. The reason why I like this is because they teach you a lot about some common knowledge things that you may have not have known. It's also great to have people to help you when you need it. As long as you have a good attitude, you'll guarenteed to make great friends at this school.

Nicholas

Unlike high school college requires the use of real people to succeed in. You can't just look everything up on wikipedia or google, cause the answers are not there. The people you meet and how you interact with them will be the most important thing you will take from your school, because college is not just working to get that peice of paper at the end. That peice of paper will mean nothing if you have nowhere to go after that, moving back home is moving backward. You need to come out of your shell, meet people, try new things, join clubs and groups, learn how to interact with people. You will learn more from the people around you than you will from any teacher, teachers are there to guide you and help you with the fact but the people around you are the next group of leaders in this world. Everytime that voice in your head questions you cause you might look foolish ask yourself how all these people got hear, do it put yourself out there.

My school offers a unique blend of people and culture in its classes and evironment. Offering classes to accomidate working individuals, military, and non-native speakers. The issue is that my class does not offer many required upper-level classes at times when normal full-time student athletes can attend them. Im being forced to not pursue a job or internship during the semester as a result of this. This puts extra financial stress on many of the students who have to complete activities to retain scholarships.

Fortunately this school brings in all walks of life. I have encountered europeans, asians, africans, and south americans of all attitudes and demeanor. This school does encourage people of great self motivation and reliance to attend as it requires students to perform lots of class work outside of class with other students. Also shearly by location almost guareenteed to be a great distance from the familiar it caters to those who are willing to explore or take a leap of faith.

Codi

Being able to go back in time to talk to myself as a senior would help me out alot. There were alot of things I was not yet prepared for. One of the things I wasn't prepared for completly was applying for scholarships. I would have to tell myself that good grades aren't enough, and I would talk myself into joining more clubs. I would also warn myself about the other hidden costs of college life, such as groceries,shampoo, soap and other things I didn't think about or save up for. However, the one thing I would've warned my highschool self about is, never wash colorful towels with your laundry, it will turn all your whites multicolors, and not in the cool tie-dye kind of way.

Anyone who wants a good college experience should attend Hawaii Pacific University. The school is for people who like having small classes and great teachers. The school is very hands on with alot of the labs right from the start. The campus is also far away from the city, so it's for those who don't like the distractions of the fast life and like to take it slow and relax. However, this school isn't for those who take things lightly, students should be prepared for a challenge.

The most frustrating thing about my school would have to be the dorms. Everything about Hawaii Pacific University is amazing. However, the dorms make people feel like they are in a jail cell. There is no air system except for open windows. And there is a bug problem. My room mates and I had a cockroach in our bathroom at least once a week, and others had giant cane spiders. The beds are also shorter than normal. The dorms are the worst part about my school, however, it could be worse.

April

Hawaii Pacific University is a wonderful place where students and faculty bond to help each other when they need.

If I were to go back in time as a high school senior, I would tell myself to fill out a lot of scholarships no matter what. Also to study very hard and balance your work. Filling out more scholarships is a main thing for me as a college student because I can't afford the money for my tuition and books. So the more scholarships I apply for, wheather I've been awarded or not, it will benefit towards my college tuition and expenses. It's not easy to just get money out of your own pocket by yourself or your parents. In high school, I was the typical student that played sports and didn't do much studying. So my advice then was to practice or get the habit of reading more and studying because it will help during the transition towards college. If you don't study the materials, your more likely to fail. Thus of course if your a genius. But in the end your capable of having to get a good passing grade with all the hard work and effort.

The worst thing about Hawaii Pacific University is that it is hard to contact professors on a daily basis for help. There are a lot of students and its hard to manage an appointment to meet with them.

Hawaii Pacific University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.