Tampa, FL
Hillsborough Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Hillsborough Community College

Sonali

Hillsborough Community College has a variety of programs and offer courses that will help you start your educational journey, no matter where it takes you.

There are many student organizations at HCC, you just have to find the one(s) that fit you best.

There are students from all walks of life, and there is sure to be some who are just like you.

Jason

yes the majority of students are fairly applied and study their subjects individually. Also ask for help from teachers if they have questions on any topic.

Alexia

Don't give up, believe in yourself because you are all you have. It's not going to be easy because if it were easy everybody would have done it already, choose whats best for you and never let anyone distract you from your goals in life!!!

The best thing about HCC is the price, the classes are much cheaper than other schools. This is the most affordable college I've run into so far.

One thing I wish I knew before I started college is that it is much different than high school. The lessons are much more challanging and the teachers are not going to remind you of when an assignment is due.

Joshua

I would tell myself not to skip on college. I waited a year before going to school and focused on working and moving out of my mom's house. That was a huge mistake. I've spent the past 9 years being everyone's assistant at work because I lack a degree. Get to school quickly and get it done as fast as you can even if you're undecisive about the degree you want. There is little I regret in life, but not going straight to college and finishing the first time is my biggest regret. Also, find scholarships. This is very important. Look for money everywhere you can and don't stop looking until you graduate!

I wish that I had made myself more familiar with the courses offered. There are many options to get credit towards your degree and I moved too quickly to select a course without considering all of the options. Spend more time with your advisors and ask a lot of questions. It is free to spend time with them and learn about the courses available.

The parking. It can be difficult to find parking, but it is not impossible. Aside from that small inconvenience the school is great. It is clean, the classes are perfect size and everyone is there to help you. One other annoying problem: The website is not super effecient. You must stay on top of your e-mail, MYHCC account and continue monitoring for notices. It's easy to over look a notice from the school.

Anthony

Extracurricular activities, express interest in clubs, devote spare time to community service, these are just a plethora of ideas that (if given the opportunity) would change my future for the better academically. However, none of these accomplishments would amount to anything ,given, if a student didn't devote a sufficient amount of time to everyday studying. In my past, I failed to devote adequate time to studying and as a result I'm now faced with taking pre- requisite courses that do not challenge me intellectually and with time being wasted from taking courses that will benefit me on my road to becoming a doctor of internal medicine. A student can go above and beyond in the service of his/her's academics, however, that student must not forget to not go beyond their own GPA. High school seniors usually have a laid- back type of attitude toward the world and their studies, so often we forget to do the simple things in life, such as study, and as high school seniors this was usually the last thing to occur on our mind and unfortunately, unknowing, we were hurting ourselves.

The best assest at my current school is the number of student resources available. Typically, if one desired tutoring then that person would have to seek tutoring at an off- site location however resources from tutoring to student services are available on- site and the hours of operation are very flexible to any student's schedule. Some student services are open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. , and the staff are more than welcome to assist you with anything.

The lack of advertising of most clubs offered at hcc. There are clubs that I've only seen or heard rumors of at HCC, however, I've seen little to no advertising of them. There is more than enough space on campus to advertise these clubs.

Shawn

The most important part of this is , I would return to tell myself to finish high school .I quit highschool beginning of the 10th grade to join working america due to poverty .I left school behind to chase what I was lead to belive at the time which was money . This fall in the category of one of the greatest mistakes I have made to date . Being a foolish minded young boy at the time I had no clue at the future ramifications of that single decision .Now that I have decided to take back my educational future an attend college ,I would have to tell myself work hardand dont give up.I had the wrong idea of what giving up was when I was younger now I understand a completly different meaning of what it takes to give everything . By just simply doing small minor adjustments to what I used to think was a big deal ,could have changed my whole future outcome . I am a father now so I cant allow my self to live in regret , but if I had the chance JUST TRY HARDER would have been the message I would have used .

Here is where the beauty of this college comes to play .I personally feel that everyone should attend a college like Hillsborough Community College .The diverse culture blended with excellent academics make for the perfect mixture of college and life experiences. People should strive to excell at the academic studies ,but some fail to take advantage of the social benifits as well . Attending a diverse college such as HCC makes future lifetime goals are achieveable ,by providing the education opportunities mixed with the right amount of social balance .

I do not feel there is a person that should not attend this school. I am new to the college experience I come from what some would consider a blimished back ground , however I am treated equally without judgement .I feel that the dynamic blend of culture adds to the college learning experience .The only exception to this is someone who just wants to skate right through college just to get there degree. This person I feel hurts the overall experience for everyone else ,simply becuase they just do not want to be there .

Pang

This school is cheap but very academic and classess can be hard if not taken serious.

Knowing how important college is, I would like to tell myself to really research where i want to go and what i really what to do. Set clear goals for myself so that I can reach my goal instead of just going through the motions. College is not cheap and should be taken seriously, so to my high school self, know what you want to do, research schools you have in mind, and set clear goals for yourself.

HIllsborough Community College may just be a community school but it has campus aroung the county which makes it reliable to find a camous near my home. For a community college, classes are not expensive and there is a well balanced amount of students which is about 35 max in each class. This makes it easy for professors to really help one student at a time which is helpful. There are also many resources to help students around the campus.

Yolanda

well behaved, friendly and willing to help other classmates learn the material.

well behaved, friendly and willing to help other classmates learn the material.

The advice I would give myself as a high school senior would be for me to take Dual enrolment or a couple of AP courses while I was in high school. The reason I say this is because, I would have loved to have entered college with the advantage of already knowing what thier lectures looked like as well as how much of my time I had to set apart for studying as well as the research papers that I would have to complete. This is why i would advice myself as a h

i wish i would have known that i could have taken Dual enrollment in hogh school to get an early headstart in college.

Delesia

That an education is important, you must apply yourself and it is not as intimidating as some may make it appear. Having a college education gives you more options, it opens doors to a wide variety of employment arena's, it allows you to be able to communicate more effectively. Your mental concept is more open, to the positive things, concerning, others, their culturals and a more positive outlook on life. It allows me to help educate my future children and motivate them to continue their education and let them see the importance of a college education from a monetary standpoint. They as well as myself, will be able to live the life that we want and be self sufficient.

How easy it was to manuever around and how easy they (the staff, teachers) make it for you to get a quality education, also how they care about you getting your eduation.

how the staff is friendly and helpful, they don't make you feel intimidated when you have to deal with them. the campus is not too big, classroom size is 30 students or less, so you have the chance to know your instructors and vis a versa, also you can still receive a quality education, without breaking the bank.

Mark

Excellence through career focused learning and student focused opening-mindedness.

Affordable education for those preparing to attend 4 year colleges in the area.

"Skip a year and work a full time job. You are not ready for the responsibilities of having an apartment, living on your own, or being responsible for your own coursework. None of that is anything to be ashamed of, however making mistakes that you are easily able to see yourself in the process of committing is. Working 40-hour weeks will allow you to gain perspective about how important undergrad work is (especially for you because we already have 60 college credits) and how little work it is in comparison. I give you this very simple, straightforward piece of advice with full knowledge you won't listen."

Hillsborough Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.