Hofstra University

« See more reviews of Hofstra University

One thing they don't advertise about Honors College is that they have many extra-curricular activities around the area that are all paid for. Multiple times during the year there's opportunities to see Broadway shows for free and other shows and museums around the city.

Hofstra is unique in that it's journalism program is divided between broadcast and print concentration so that a student who wants to be a writer does not have to waste time taking broadcast courses. Hofstra truly prepares students for the exact future they envision.

everyone has lots of fun all the time and are very determined to be happy. everyone seems very united and we all get along and are tied together as one student body. we understand each other and are always willing to help our peers

I am a member of Honors College and the Senior Resident Assistant in Honors Housing. We hold many programs in company of the Honors College faculty mentors. It is a lot of fun, and the residents seems to appreciate it!

It has a publishing studies program that I wanted to persue that is very rare. The advisor worked in publishing as president of a big company for most of his life and has connections that can get me a job anywhere.

Hofstra combines the feeling of a large university out on its own with the proximity to one of the biggest cities in the world allowing for a combination of two diverse educational environments at one institution.

Honors college rules! great trips, very helpful with advisement, excellent sense of community, especially in the dorms (although they do make abig effort to reach out to commuters)

The best thing about Hofstra is being involved in Honors College. If you are not enrolled in Honors College or anything like that, the best thing for you to do is get involved.

I love honors college. We are so close to the people in our classes, the rooms in Liberty and Republic Halls are large, and best of all we get air conditioning!

Fight for your financial aid before you deposit. Once you're in, you don't really get any considerable merit financial aid, maybe just a couple hundred dollars.