Howard University

« See more reviews of Howard University

In actuality, there is nothing that I wish I would have known prior to coming to Howard Univeristy. My parents and I did enough research and talked with enough of its students, professors, and facility to prepare us for anything at Howard University.

I wish I had know how much of the social environment is dictated by different organizations. Everything that happens on campus is some how influenced by an organization. Its all about who you know on the yard. It is very much a bubble.

I wish I knew how to manage my time better and also that I was depressed so that I could deal with it and not let it hinder my work. I also wish I knew excatly what I wanted to do so that I wouldnt have had to change majors two times.

I wish I would have known about more scholarships, I'm really struggling with paying for school. Also, that I would basically have to do everything by myself, it's like there's no help out there. I wish I would have known

I honestly wish I had more scholarship money to pay for school. I wish I knew that procrastination is a bad habit to keep through out college. I wish I knew more about greek life so that I can be apart of it.

I wish I had known or tried to get to know more people during my freshman year. I also wish I had known that housing was not guareented after your freshman year because I had to miss a semester due to that.

The one thing I wish I had known would be how the FASFA/Financial Aid process worked. I am the first college student in my household, so I had to learn alot of things for the first time without any gudance.

I wish I had known that getting a job would be very helpful, but very difficult while being a full-time student. Unfortunately when you go away to college it is harder to maintain your bare essentials.

I have done my due diligence(homework), I have had several visits to the school while I was still in high school. All of my questions concerning the school were answered prior to my decision to attend.

I wish I knew to really put myself out there and try new things and really be comfortable socializing a lot as a freshman. I was kind of shy in my first semester, and really learned to open up.