Montgomery, AL
Huntingdon College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Huntingdon College

Kayce

Small class sizes, Professors go out of there way to help you, Great atmosphere, plenty of majors, DIII football team, marching band, lots of sports and intermurals 4 frats and 4 sororities.

Start applying for grants and scloarships as early as possible and apply for every single one you'll need the money. Take your last semester day by day graduation comes up fast. Tell all your friends that you love them because some won't get to walk with you and some won't live to walk with you! Apply to Huntingdon College you'll love it and it will cange your life and you'll feel right at home. Keep taking the ACT don't just settle for the twenty-four you know you can get at least a 27. Get a part time job it feels good to be able to help your parents with some of the bills. Don't let the mean girls get to you because the don't get as far in college as you. Don't stress you can do this and you know you can. Live! just live each day because as soon as you walk across the stage you'll want to go right back so don't wish your way out of your Sr. year. Keep studying don't slack you last semester! Love every day and remember everything about it!

Smart if you just want to go to class and nothing else don't come here because if you do you'll wind up getting invloved in everything you can!!

Laurie

Huntingdon is best known for being a Christian school and for providing an Adult Degree Completion Program for professionals.

Choosing a college and major are extremely important decisions that must not be taken lightly. It is important to visit several universities in order to determine the best "fit" for you. Examine ALL scholarship opportunities, regardless of how unlikely the possibility may seem. You don't want to finish school with a huge debt hanging over your head. Once you are in school, stay in school. Do not leave to get married. If you want to marry, then do so, but STAY IN SCHOOL. Otherwise, you may end up like I did--going back to school after a 23-year break. It's much easier to finish the first time. Also, appreciate your instructors. Listen to and learn from their experiences as well as from the textbooks. Finally, it really is true that you can do anything that you set your mind to. Believe in yourself!

I love that Huntingdon College offers their Adult Degree Completion Program so that professionals can take classes while pursuing their careers. We meet one night per week for 3 consecutive "sessions" each semester. I am a full time college student and I don't have to give up my full time job in order to take classes. I don't have to take online classes--I get to have instruction from an actual teacher in an actual classroom setting.

Heather

I would tell myself to take what I was doing more serious and to consider more than how close I would be to my friends or boyfriend because where you choose to go to school is an important choice and it should be based on what is good for you.

Someone who likes smaller scale schools.

Jarryd

I would tell myself what kind of stuff to expect to better prepare myself for college life.

Small classroom settings and campus size its very helpful for helping get around and know people and your not just a number on campus

A lazy person with no drive to succeed

Mary

Huntingdon was known for it's high academic standards and interesting, eclectic student body. Now I fear it will be known as a Southern Bible school with a football team and low academic standards.

Dear Mary Katherine, You are about to embark on the most exciting four years of your life. You will become a new person with new beliefs about yourself and the world. Be prepared to open yourself to new ideas, and don't be afraid when you feel all those strict assumptions you held start to fade. But hold on to the things that make you who you are, namely your great capacity to love. You are about to make lifelong friends and meet the man who will become your husband. The most important things you learn in college will not come from a classroom, but from the people you meet. Best of luck, The future you

The best thing about my school is the English department. Unfortunately, Huntingdon's standards have been falling due to money problems and administration changes. But the English department continues to adhere to high standards in teaching and in what they require of students. Were it not for the English department, I would have transferred. My teachers taught me more than I could have ever though possible, and they made me want to set high goals for myself. Because of them, I will attend graduate school in 2010.

Don't

Dedicated adult learners with little respect for their time and jobs.

Dedicated adult learners with little respect for their time and jobs.

Not a very "student friendly college" when it comes to support staff--Proffesors are good however---just don't expect alot of help with support personnel.

Go to some other college than Huntingdon College!

Ronald

I would go back and tell myself to focus more on yourself than others happiness. I would tell myself to not make any excuses whatever the reson about anything that happens and to take all responsibility.

Chris

A small, comfortable, southern school that explores and thinks critically about new ideas all the time

Huntingdon is a family. When something happens to someone people are there to help out in anyway they can. That includes students, faculty, and/or the President of the college.

Just relax and trust the process. Highschool has prepared you well for college and you will still have your family back home to support you. Branch out and meet knew people cause this is one of the best times of your life. Live it up

Demetre

Stay focused during your freshmen year and dont get caught up in the adolesence years and that you have to let them go sometime. Save All Your Money!!!

I wish I wouldv'e known that the girls don't jock football players like i thought and if you are african american the majority of the females on campus won't even notice that you are there.

Hard workers and people who are very outgoing seem to have a big grasp on this institution

Kelsey

Dear Kelsey, I know that Montgomery is only two hours away from your hometown, but your coursework is going to take its toll. By your sophomore year, you will not be making it home as much as your mother would like. I suggest that you call her at least once a day just to tell her a funny story or update her on what you are involved in because that will save you a lot of grief and yelling. You also need to visit the Career Center. It is never too early to begin making career connections once you figure out what you want to do with your life. (by the way, you should look into the field of publishing--just a thought) You should start keeping a record of your volunteer work, summer jobs, and activities because you will soon need to make a resume, and believe me, it will be difficult to remember everything you have been involved with. Oh, I almost forgot. Don't get too down hearted when--umm, if--your high school boyfriend/first love breaks your heart. Huntingdon College is full of great people. You might just meet your soulmate. ;) Have fun, Kelsey Loftin

I wish I had known that the Creative Writing major had been dropped. There are more majors dying off each year. It is important to ask the right questions of the Admissions Dept when thinking about attemding because the major you want to pursue might be gone when you arrive.

The worst thing about Huntingdon is the amount of change that the administration allows the SGA to believe is possible. The students would like to think that they can effect the running of their school and the allocating of their school's funds, but the truth is they cannot. The administration is notorious for giving the SGA and most students the run-around, avoiding questions, and using empty words to answer student's questions.

Huntingdon College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.