Huntington University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Huntington University

C

Do not attend this school. Academically, it's completely fine. Living on campus is completely absurd. Here's a list: - You pay extremely high costs for living in archaic dorms, which often have issues with air conditioning and water quality. - You pay for overpriced meals that will either give you the runs, or is too gross to eat. - You pay for an administration that pretends to care about you, but once you attend are obviously just trying to make money. - You pay to be under strict student rules, which upon breaking results in pricey fines (Unless you're an athlete, then you just get away with anything) - You are required to go to a set number of chapels each semester, and are subject to fines ($100 per chapel) if you do not attend enough. - COVID policies that require students who are sick to quarantine inside dorms without air conditioning, and be treated like prisoners and erased from the world as though being hidden, while mask wearing is "required" even though there's nobody enforcing it. -

Ali

I love it here at Huntington. The atmosphere is fantastic and I love how close everyone is in the dorms. Although the food isn't always the best, it builds character and makes you appreciate your moms cooking when you go home! I highly encourage anyone looking for a small, liberal arts college to look into coming here!

Overall. academically Huntington University is a fantastic institution with a solid group of knowledgeable and engaging professors that are excellent at helping you achieve your goals for the future. However, where i feel it falls short is with the community and overall college experience. The rules and expectations can feel extremely constricting, the students and some faculty leaders can feel very judgmental, and i do not believe that students are not give the freedom to explore their identity if it doesn't align with the specific old school religious viewpoint of the board members and upper level staff.

I loved Huntington University. The academics were hard, but you're there to learn and the professors are almost always available. They also provide tutors for most classes. The food wasn't super awesome when I was there, but I've heard they've made some positive changes since then

Keila

Huntington University is a liberal arts college that provides a safe, Christian, and amazing environment. Even though it's a small university, it is great! The Professors and staff are always nice and accessible, students are nice, and there are activities in which students can get involved. I really like it! Besides, there is plenty of natural and beautiful places on campus.

Kenny

It's an incredibly creative space full of passionate young people, and teachers ready to encourage them. The campus isn't really a campus, but it doesn't need to be. The student body is small, and feels more like a family. Everything is hands on and whatever we need is at the ready.

Tori

It's a good place to be. The food is either good or horrible depending on the day and who is cooking in the dining commons. Other than that Huntington is a great place to be. They make you feel safe and welcome. It's a good place to be and it is easy to adjust to your surroundings.

Brent

Huntington University is a great campus and the moment I walked on campus, I knew that was the place I needed to be. They make you feel like family and you are loved from the start. Their academics are some of the best and they have opportunities to go to foreign countries to study and broaden your education and cultural experiences.

Amy

Huntington University is an amazing Christian university that excels in service and academic excellence and has a beautiful campus that is one of the safest in the state. Faculty and students are kind and encouraging and are always willing to lend a helping hand.

Lucas

Great campus. Easy to find. Great class size. Professors and Dean of Students available.

Rebecca

I love Huntington University with every fiber of my body. The thing that makes it so special is the relationships that are formed at school. Not only do we get to know our peers well, but we also have the privilege of getting to know our professors very well. It is a very Christ-centered campus, and has helped me to grow in my faith tremendously. It greatly lives up to its mission statement: Christ. Scholarship. Service. I know that these four years spent at Huntington University will be the best four years of my life.

Morgan

Although when I signed up for a student group day on campus. Upon my arrival, no one was at the front desk to greet me. At first I thought maybe I had made a mistake. It was like to college was closed. The day was supposed to start at 12:30. I got there right at 12:30 pm. I walked around for about 10 minutes, almost leaving when finally some one came and said hello. So, it was awkward at first. After the initial uneasiness, thing got rolling and I received a personal tour and day on campus. As I was the only student who signed up for that day. It was really great! Huntington University is a beautiful wooded campus. The staff and admissions people are absolutely top notch compared to other colleges I have visited. I really liked it. Though I have a couple other colleges to visit. I have moved Huntington up to 1st on my list.

Amber

I am very glad that I chose to attend Huntington University as well as be a part of their athletic program. Class sizes are perfect for me and anyone who would prefer to have the chance to connect with their professors on a good level and relate to them. The dorms are very homey and I feel extremely safe while living on campus. There is not one thing I can say that I dislike about my university.