Kansas State University

« See more reviews of Kansas State University

One of my favorite campus traditions is WRL or Wildcat Request Live. This event takes place during homecoming week when there are a lot of traditions but this one is by far my favorite. All the different homecoming perform a dance routine (both guys and girls) that's centered around our homecoming theme. It's like watching America's Best Dance Crew but instead of professionals it's your friends performing. The dances are elaborate and well planned out but always exciting. Whether you're performing or watching it's an event that everyone an enjoy just like the K-State Singers annual fall and spring shows. The K-State Singers are kind of like our version of Glee.

Started as a school for agriculture, K-State has continued to be known for its agriculture-related programs; I, however, chose it for its impressive architecture program. Ranked in the top ten programs in the nation in almost all architecture categories, undergraduate and graduate, the Colllege of Architecture, Planning, and Design here has alumni who have gone on to find great success in the professional world, from owning their own international firms to even becoming a Disneyworld Imagineer. I have been quite impressed after just one semester in this prestigious program and look forward to the years to come.

I was an undergraduate-student from 2004 to 2008 at Kansas State University. During that time they were best known for their Architexture program and Veternarian sciences. From 2008 to 2010 their Biology program grew due to the development of the new National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility (NBAF) next to KSU. Their chemistry program was strong due multiple reasons, but Dr. Kenneth Klabunde has lead a novel research area in nanoscale technology. I know nothing about the engineering progrom but they were rapidly making changes to their facility, this could suggest a rapidly growing program.

Our school is usually characterized by the lack of interesting places surrounding it. Also, Agriculture and its studies are usually associated with the school. Before I came, I was under the impression that the school was inhabited by a high percentage of belt buckle wearing cowbows and hicks, but it turned out to be quite normal. The football team also used to have decent credentials. As far as the majors they offer, Architecture, which I am enrolled in, and engineering are their most notable programs.

K-State is an "ag" school, so the agricultural programs are really good. But the school is more than agriculture. It is also known for its excellent engineering and architecture programs. It has a really good department of education. K-State is known as a school that cares about its underclassmen. The other major university in Kansas is known as a great grad school, but K-State is where you should go to get your undergraduate degree. K-State offers lots of scholarships to help you pay for college.

My school is stereotyped as a hick agricultural school. While we do have a good ag program, there are also many other good things about K-State. We have a fantastic coach for our football team, as well as other good athletic teams. So far as academics go, the College of Business at K-State has very strong programs and a caring faculty. Student life at school is awsome, with something for everyone to do. Overall, K-State is known as a fantastic university that is very student-oriented.

K-State is known as a smart-value school. You can get a great education at a decent price. K-State offers today's hottest majors and there are tons of choices. The College of Architecture, Planning and Design (which is what I study) is highly selective and has been top 10 programs in the nation for several years. The dorm food is great with all of the bakery items made on campus and much of the dairy and meat products coming from campus programs.

My school is best known for several things, vet med, agriculture, but most of all, our school pride. I may be bias, but Kansas State has the best fans in the world. I love being in a sea of purple and hearing the fight song being screamed from all around me by my fellow K-state friends. K-state is a great place to be on game day. I have so many awesome memories from Kansas State games, which I wouldn't trade for anything!

I think Kansas State University is known for there uplifting spirit when it comes to sports and the purple pride they have. I also think we have one of the best engineering programs of the United States of America and a really good vet school. Every area of field has good directions and how to make you the best of that field as they can. Kansas State University is known as K-State, purple pride wildcat.

Kansas State University is known for being a top educational institution as well as providing a wonderful student experience. Academic and athletic opportunities are everywhere if you take the time to take advantage of them. The atmosphere at this school is what really puts it over the top. The people that go here really care about one another and are invested in each other's success.