Kansas State University

« See more reviews of Kansas State University

Kansas State University is unique compared to other schools I considered because it offers that small school atmosphere at a large university. Getting involved in your specific college, you get to know and befriend many diverse friends while still enjoying the top level education of a larger university. The professors provide ample opportunites for one-on-one assistance in addition to the tutor sessions provided by the university. The university does an exceptional job of making you feel like part of a family: people know you are here and care about your academic as well as life success.

Kansas State University is there for the student: I have never seen a university so involved in students' lives. If a student is lost on campus, there are any number of people ready and willing to get them where they need to go. There is a counseling center for the students' psychological needs, a tutoring center for the students' educational needs, a career counseling center for their professional needs, and a legal center for their legal needs. The professors are willing and ready to invest in their students' lives, and there is a general atmosphere of community in the school.

The environment that Kansas State University provides is not only one that fosters positive learning experiences, but one that encourages a sense of togetherness between its faculty and students by creating a productive and friendly "home away from home." By providing a campus that is dedicated to not only the success of the student, but their best interests as well, Kansas State University is very unique. This is an attribute that is extremely hard to find in present day colleges and universities and is one of the main reasons why I chose to go to K-State.

It's a large campus (23,000 students) but it's a small school atmosphere; it's also extremely beautiful. Everyone is friendly and always willing to help each other. K-State was the first land-grant school in the country, having been founded in 1863. The school spirit is among the best in the nation; as is the sportsmanship among athletes. The unofficial fight song "Wabash Cannonball" is one of the best parts of going to sporting events because it's completely unique to K-State and gets everyone pumped for gameday.

I chose Kansas State mostly because I came from a family that is very traditional and "home-town" type of people. I am very close to my family and couldn't imagine moving far away from them! That being said Kansas State is close to my home town which made it my top choice. My community from which I was raised is made up of families who have been in the same area for generations and I too am that type of person. That being said, another reason I chose KSU was because many friend and family attend this school.

Something that is unique about Kansas State University is that it was the first land grant college in the country. K-State has great passion and pride in their school and for their sports teams as they battle in the Big 12 conference. The student sections at home football and basketball games are second to none. Kansas State has a rich history of great alumni supporters and donors. The relatively close proximity of campus buildings gives K-State a community-like feel for students and faculty.

Kansas State is truly one big family. Everyone is always extremely friendly and does the little things for you always like holding doors open, letting you know you dropped something, watching your stuff while you go to the bathroom. No one is ever rude to you. We truly care about our sports too. Everyone is always extremely supportive of our sports teams and takes a lot of pride in them doing well. When it's a gameday everyone has their puple on and is pumped up for the game.

What is so great about my school is that we are so diverse. Not onlly are we a military town but also a college town, so it is amazing at the different cultures and ethnicities that are here. We learn a lot of from each other. We also have an amazing school spirit, whether football, volleyball, theatre, tack, etc. our students are always up for a rally and school support-everywhere you look students are wearing purple and white, and that is very satisfying.

It is a really good hometown feel if you are from a small town like I am. Everyone is very friendly and down to earth so it's really easy to feel at home. The classes are large but are not as large as some other college classes can get. Most of my classes are about 20-50 students in class with a few pretty big classes thrown into that. I like Kansas State because I am from a small community and it feels more like home unlike some other colleges around.

KSU boasts a fantastic student body, as well as uncomparable research facitilites. For instance, it houses the *only* particle accelerator in the Midwest! This makes it a fantastic Atomic/Molecular/Optical college. The football games are packed with excited students, and the library is always quiet with computers available at a moment's notice. KSU also boasts a new government research facility as well as wind tunnels for a similar purpose.