Kansas State University

« See more reviews of Kansas State University

What is the stereotype of students at your school? Is this stereotype accurate?

Upper middle class richy kind of students. I do believe it because of clothes, cars, laptops, newest cellphones and how they act. Don't get me wrong there are students like me that still have to provide for themselves. Working part time jobs, the working class. But K state displays a lot of young money. Which still bugs me if they're not working then where are they getting the money. They are too young to get loans other then federal student loans. if they are using them as spending money not on books and tuition then how did they get them.

Well, for the most part, KSU students, as students enrolled at a big state university, have that reputation for being crazy, drunken sports fans. However, for the most part, I've found that this isn't true. Of course there are those people who go out to Aggieville and get wasted, but they're a very loud minority. For the most part, while most of the students here are very supportive of sports teams, and things can get a little wild at times, people handle themselves pretty well. A lot of students don't even go to the games!

You can't truly stereotype a body of students this large from what I've seen in my experience. Thats part of the beauty of K-State and other institutions like it, the potential to find what you're going to be and how you're going about being it is vast and endless. One major trend I have noticed here is that a majority of the students spend a lot of their time in Hale Library, I feel like that does much to reflect what the university is all about.

There are such kids....apparently some groups or clubs are made for the americans only as they are believed to be intelligent and straight ....its so embarrasing as sometime one can become a laughing stock because of your skin colour or where you come from ......this applies to the international students from the continent Africa.....its so painful as ones self esteem is greatly lowered and they feel ilke its nt where they belong

Really nice, caring people is the steriotype of my school. People are genuinely interested in you here. It was my first impression and still is. I've had friends visit and they say the same thing everytime. Other than that, everyone is diverse. There are a lot of smart, talented hard workering students who still love to enjoy life!

The cool thing about K-State is although there are the typical stereotypes (frat stars, stoners, study nerds, the over-involved activist, etc.), there is a mutual understood respect that runs throughout each group. Regardless of who you are or where you came from, if you're wearing purple, you're accepted.

Most students at my school are stereotyped as smart, kind, successful people that are avid Wildcat fans. I would say that this is an accurate stereotype!

I think that the stereotype of our school is that we are all cowboys and cowgirls. No, this is not correct. We have all kinds of people.

Some stereotypes are that some students are racist, all the students care about is athletics, stoners.

Farm kids, diversity, lots of racist, crazy sorority girls