Kansas State University

« See more reviews of Kansas State University

While this could be said of most schools, the ability to self-regulate one's time and activities is esssential at Kansas State. I would admit that perhaps five years ago I wouldn't have had the discipline needed to complete the program I am currently in at KSU. While most students are required/expected to manage their time simply out of necessity, the curriculum at KSU demands it. This is not to say that students without this ability are in any way inferior to others who can. But students who struggle with time management will most likely not succeed.

If you do not like a crowded campus then this may not be the campus for you because there are over 20,000 students who attend this university. Anyone who wants more one-on-one teacher learning durinf their undergraduate study should equally be wary. For your first two years as you attend general education classes you can expect many of them to be over 100 students. Kansas State is trying to confront this problem by offering Freshman Seminar classes capped at 24 students for these general education courses. They are still however in thier trial state.

Kansas State University is a school that must fit you and your needs. It is a school unlike many others because it has a focus on agriculuture and the environment. If you don't embrace nature or have a passion for the country life then the physical appeal of the campus may not be your choice. The students on campus are also very friendly and lively and although the campus isn't too big, the personalities and smiles are. If you don't like meeting new people and socializing then Kansas State University is not the school for you.

If you are looking to not get involved, be ignored by your peers, or coast through college, Kansas State is not for you. KSU is a university with over 250 organizations, a booming Greek life, and Division I sports. There is always something going on and it's almost impossible not to get involved. The people are so friendly that if you are looking lonesome in a classroom someone is bound to ask your name. Lastly, the degree programs are among the top in the nation. If you want to be prepared for the work force, go to KSU.

A person that shouldn't attend this school would be unmotivated, a procrastinator, and not school spirited. KSU has a wide variety of students, but in order to succeed at this school, the student must be dedicated. It is a very challenging school and students must keep up on their assignments in order to pass. Other than academics, school spirit is a huge part of KSU. From athletics to the greek houses, KSU provides many ways to be involved on campus and it is very encouraged for students to do so.

Should you happen to be the type of person who doesn't like to be challenged, encouraged, cared for, taken seriously, or aided, K-State is not the place for you. Should you be the type of person who doesn't want an advisor that will stand by you every step of the way through your four plus years of college, K-State is not the place for you. K-State is a place at which the student is put first. However, if all of that positive stuff is not for you, K-State is not the place for you.

If you hate the Midwest, you should not go to KSU. Trust me, it will not grow on you. Kansas State is still very close to its roots as an agricultural college, and you will hear your neighbors at the cafeteria talking about how their team won a hog feeding championship. Manhattan is a little town on the prairie; the nearest big city is two hours away. It is politically conservative, predominately Christian, and full of guys in cowboy boots going to the rodeo (literally!).

Kansas State University is a school that thrives on spirit and community attitudes. Each person that comes on this campus contributes to the blossoming personality of the student body. Although we might be limiting in "big city" feel, we make up for that in our welcoming lifestyle. A person thinking about Kansas State should be heart-warming, willing to learn and experience new lifestyles. A smaller community is a very interesting and wonderful place to experience.

K-State has something available for everyone. However, that doesn't mean K-State is the school for everyone. It is a large campus, and can feel intimidating at times for people who are not good with big crowds. There are approximately 24,000 undergraduate students at K-State, and a school that large is not comfortable for everyone. A student who is uncomfortable in large crowds, or suffers from severe social anxiety, might be better off at a smaller school.

If you're expecting easy As without any work, don't come here. Getting decent grades at KSU really isn't that hard, as long as you're willing and able to put in time and effort. If you don't want to go to class, don't come here. That's part of putting in the effort, and it's also respectful to your professors and other students. This school was built for students to learn; if that's not your goal, then stay far away.