Kansas State University

« See more reviews of Kansas State University

There are two aspects of Kansas State University that I strongly believe make it an outstanding institution. The encouraging environment is impossible to go unnoticed. I have never received any doubt from a proffessor or advisor. This does not mean they are not open to providing constructive criticism, but I am always empowered to do my best and reach my full potential. Secondly, the professional development opportunities provided through this university are diverse and seem endless. I know years from now I will look back and be thankful for the experiences I had in my field of study.

My school's school spirit is by far the most beneficial aspect of our university. The sense of community and commitment created by our school spirit makes this university a better place. On game day, you will see purple people everywhere, and not only students, but professors and local residents as well. When you go out of town and meet someone who graduated from K-State, there is an immediate connection and sense of affinity for the other person. The school is not cliquish, though, and does not criticize those who think otherwise, but merely accept them as well.

If I had to choose the best thing about K-State, it would be the "family" aspect. From the support system that K-State provides, to the fact that our stadium is named "Bill Snyder Family Stadium," K-State is truly a unique community that bonds students, faculty, and alumni together in a way that doesn't happen at just any university. Whether it is a door always being held open, or the annual K-State Proud campaign that allows students to help fellow students in financial need, the family environment is always present on this campus.

People complain that Palmer College of Chiropractic isn't teaching us everything we need to know. I on the otherhand, disagree. Palmer teaches us exactly what we need to know to survive in the outside world. This alone would not be adequate. They also, provide us with every opportunity to advance ourselves, through those extra seminars and books, and excel instead of just surviving. I believe a school can only carry a student so far. It is at that time that the student must put in the extra effort to become excellent.

K-State fosters an amazing sense of community. As a freshman, I was a bit intimidated to be on such a large campus, but after a few weeks, I had a busy schedule full of fun activities that allowed me to meet a vast array of people. No matter where I went--the cafeteria, the library, the lecture hall, the gym--I was bound to run into someone I knew and very likely make friends with a stranger. The warm, hospitable environment of Midwestern charms envelops K-State and creates a place that quickly feels like home.

I like the "friendly" atmosphere. You will find that most colleges that play us in sporting events have said that our fans are some of the nicest around. I also like all the things that you can do around Manhattan and the surrounding area. You can get away from all the stress when you go to Tuttle Creek, Pillsbury Crossing and other rural areas. You can be with others in Aggieville and out at the Town Center Mall when you want company. You can take dates to the zoo or a movie and even the Insect Zoo on campus.

Coming from Hutchinson Community college to K-State proven to be a big change. The first few weeks were challenging because of the overall size of the campus and classes. Now that I am a few weeks I found that the bigger campus has only made me a better person. I'm now more of a self advocate and don’t rely on the others around me for guidance. Also with a big campus comes opportunity. There are so many awesome clubs and organizations to become involved in, and I have found with involvement comes success!

The best thing about my school is the leadership. Our administration and "higher ups" truly cares about the students. They want the best for them and they will fight for the students to get it. Our Dean of Student Relations, Dr. Bosco, is a very kind and caring person and he is willing to answer the simplest question to the most difficult. That reflects all of the administration and faculty at K-State. They care about the ones that they are educating and want them to succeed in life.

Kansas State University is a school that really wants you to 'get out there' and meet people, and experience new things. They highly encourage studying abroad, and have many different groups, activities, clubs, socials, etc. that help you get out and meet new people and really get involved. It really helped me when I was a transfer student here last year and I didn't know anyone on campus, my advisor gave me a list of clubs I might like and it took off from there!

I would have to believe the best thing about KSU is the environment of studying with students from all parts of the world. Learning about another's culture or concepts of life opens many opportunities. As we all come together we open new windows of understanding from a broad spectrum of events. One person may experience or have a past experience that can be considered for informational venue to others. The meshing of extreme minds into one thought process.