Kent State University at Kent

« See more reviews of Kent State University at Kent

Kent State is best known for its fashion program, which students from all over the country have used to find success in their futures and excel in their studies as fashion major students. Another thing that people may know Kent State for is its diversity and acceptance of minorities, especially after the May 4th tragedy that took place on campus years ago. Now, students of all kinds, ethnicities, sexualities, and nationalities are welcomed and accomodated here if needed.

Kent State University is best known for the Fashion Program. People from all over the world come to Kent specifially to be apart of our world renowned fashion school. There are numerous internship opportunies for students in big cities, such as New York City. Every Spring Kent puts on a show called "Rock the Runway", where fashion students create outfits to fit a certain theme, and choose models to walk down the runway in their finished products.

A diverse campus, good extra curriculars, good sports-football and basketball are popular. KSU has a great nursing program and fashion program. I believe it is good in the arts. It offers many majors. I know a lot of people going for education as well. It is a good "college town". There is also a lot of greek life and bars. It is a bit of a party school. Just a regular university, nothing too special except some of the programs, like nursing.

Not exactly sure, but a lot of people that I talk to, bring up architecture and say that Kent State is a very good school. I also hear that Kent State is highly ranked for their fashion program. I believe this because the only kids that are in the Florence program are architects, fashion, and some communications majors at this point. The classes are very corridnated and really give the student a deep appriation for their majors and goals.

Kent State is known as a quality school with a good education and athletics program. However, if you mention Kent State to someone they may remember the May 4th shootings that made the school famous. During a peaceful protest against violence and the Vietnam war, the National Guard opened fire on protesters and students killing four and wounding nine others. It is sad to say, but this is what Kent State is most known for.

Kent State University is known for its world renowned Fashion program, as well as its highly ranked Aeronautics programs. It is also an extremely open and progressive school. Everything is easily accessible on campus, and you're even close to Cleveland and Akron, just by a short, inecpensive bus ride. All professors I've had have been knowledgable and fully capable of teaching. So far none of those horror story professors.

Kent State University is known for the diversity within the student body. There are individuals from all around the world coming together all for one purpose and the purpose is to get an education so that they can do what they love for the rest of their lives. Learning what you enjoy in life is Kent State's main goal. Kent State's faculty and staff is there for us and will do anything to make our dreams become a reality.

Our school is best known for the exact same things as it can be described as. Most people recognize Kent State as a Liberal College with a focus on the Arts. Kent State is remembered strongly for it's liberal past, unfortunately including the May 4th protests and shootings, which whilst being a very unfortunate series of events is none the less part of our history and one of main reasons for which Kent State is known.

Kent State has an amazing fashion program. The teachers are very helpful, and are usually available to re-teach you things that you missed in class. The feeling of producing clothes that you made yourself is unbelieveable. Kent State has so many available activities including sports and greek life. The campus is amazing. Once you go to Kent, you will consider it your home.

For the Kent State shootings on May 4th 1970, in which Kent State students demonstrated against the invasion of Cambodia. The demonstration was too be supervised by the National Guard but the situation escalated after the National Guards men shot at the students leaving 4 dead and 9 wounded. This event gained national media attention and is remembered ever since.