Kent State University at Kent

« See more reviews of Kent State University at Kent

Though it is unfortunate, the one event that Kent is best known for is the Kent State schootings on May 4th. People across the country may not have heard of similarly- sized schools in Ohio but Kent stands out for that incident. Because of this, Kent has become known as an active civil rights school and this has influenced the student population dramatically.

Kent State is best known for its programs and accredited professors that all help and encourage every student to succeed in their majors. The professors are helpful and most are willing to elevate the students in their goals. Also there is a great tutor facility located in the Library and other buildings, along with multiple on-campus student jobs.

Kent State University is well known for its Journalism and Mass Communication programs, its Fashion degrees, and its Schools of Nursing and Architecture. Kent is also known for the shooting of four students by the National Guard on May 4, 1970. Unlike a lot of schools, KSU is not generally known for any sports team or its athletic programming.

Kent State is best known for its large campus and surrouding downtown area for the college students. Kent State has a beautiful, extensive campus and accomodates a wide variety of students from around the country and world. The downtown Kent area has recently been expanded and offers a variety of activites and dining options.

Kent State University (KSU) is best known for their academics. KSU also has one of the best education and American Sign Language programs in the state of Ohio. Which I am blessed to be in rolled in both programs. These programs have some of the best professors in the state. Most of there graduates leave college with a job.

Probably the May 4, 1970 Kent State University shootings. Google lists that as one of the top results, and I hear stories of people mentioning their university to their friends who then respond with "isn't that where the May 4 massacre occured?". The university also has a memorial and a May 4 Remembrance group on campus.

Kent State University is especially known for their School of Nursing, School of Fashion and Design, and School of Aviation. Students from around the country and the world attend Kent for the benefits of these three prestigious programs. In addition to these, they offer a long array of majors, minors, and concentrations.

The architecture program, which is what I am in. Answering some of these questions was very difficult because in the architecture program, we are very career focused. However, I really don't think the majority of campus is the same... but I spend most of my time with other architecture students, so it's hard to say.

The Golden Flashes Football Team. I hear them on the news all the time. However, there are many opportunities at Kent State, for college bound people. Their nursing school is one of the best. I also made friends for life there. The shootings at Kent in the 70's continue to be a memory in the minds of folks.

Kent State University- Kent Campus is best known for the shootings that took place on May 4, 1970 also known has the May 4 massacre. This took place because students were protesting against the American invasion of Cambodia and it got out of control and the Ohio National Gaurd was called in to help.