Southfield, MI
Lawrence Technological University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lawrence Technological University

Timothy

If i were to go back in time to speak with myself as a high school senior. I would highly encourage myself to take school seriously now and after high school. The sooner I get done with college, the sooner i can make my plans to pursue my career and live my own life.

The best thing I about my school is that it is a highly recognized University for its Engineering and Architecture and yet isnt state funded. Its one of those schools who are known for graduating intelligent sucessful students

When I was younger, I wanted to attend LTU, but felt that I didnt have the grades to make it in. I wish I knew that if I made the opportunity years ago to apply, that i probably could have already been done with college

katherine

slow down. No need to make a million friends in the first day. The truth is, finding your self is not about finding other people. It's easier to just take your time and find things out slowly.

The lack of financial aid. The lack of ability to talk to a fin aid person one on one. The lack of security. The fact that security is a joke

How it's small and really gives you a one on one relationship with the professors

Stephen

When I left high school I was not prepared to go to a school that demanded as much from me as it did. I would have saved some money by immediately attending a junior college before transferring to a University. However, how could I have know that I was not prepared for a rigorous curiculum until I was put into that position. Regardless, the programs that are now established today for the transition from junior college to a University are much more solid than they have ever been. It's a great way to bridge the gap for students that are unsure of which direction they would like to initially take.

Eric

First off I would tell myself to get ready to work harder; the transition from high school to college really threw me off at the beginning. Then I'd tell myself to join the theater group, SODA (Society Of Dramatic Arts), here at LTU because I've made some great friends there. It's also helped me improve myself as a person and has made it easier for me to open up to social situations. I'd also tell myself who the friends are that I've met since coming to LTU so I could meet them all the sooner.

I wish I had known how to handle my finances better. It's difficult to learn how to manage loans and scholarships and still keep up with the school's workload.

I definitely brag most about the small class sizes here. I don't think I've ever been in a class, lecture or otherwise, that had more than 25 students in it.

LaTasha

This school contains a lot of extremely smart and high income students who may be intreverted; howeever 80% of the students here are involved organizations which creates a great social supporting network.

I would advise myself to finish my senior year at an engineering prep school so that my transition to a really demanding engineering private school would be easier. Also so that I would be on the same page as the other students who had great advantages over me like: having successful family members who are engineers, or having been to many engineering camps as a young child, or having many resources and higher incomes.

The most frustating thing about my school is that it is best for those who have a naturally great learning ability and for those who don't need much detail. I have trouble following most professors which may be a personal problem, but I found that many students agree with me. I believe that I would have a good GPA if I were able to go to a engineering prep school like the successful, higher income, students here.

Korin

To you or your parents: You'll only succeed in a school where you're happy but truthfully, if you're willing to seek out what makes you happy that can happen almost anywhere. Also, dreams come true in baby steps so don't expect everything to fall into place at once. If the school you're interested in doesn't fit perfectly, try it out, and the adjust is to fit you. Leadership will get you extremely far in any profession. Most of all, best of luck and enjoy the ride!

A person who is hard working, open-minded and optimistic. Also someone who is concerned for their career after school and will do what it takes to get there.

How hard we're all willing to work in order to achieve our dreams.

Katelyn

Make a decision on what school you will learn and benefit the most from. Make friends and ask questions and work hard but still have a good time.

Students always help each other and we are all know each other and we are friends.

The cost of the school. It is hard to be stable all the time with the financial aid I get.

Ryan

My classmates are quite diverse, but at the same time eveyone gets along and is helpful.

In order to find the right colege for you, it doesnt matter if you know someone who is going there, or if your boyfriend or girlfriend is going there. You have to go to each college and experiance it first hand before you make that choice. Take advantage of the campus visit days and/or weekends. See what each college has to offer both academicly and socially. College is not all about studying and cracking down on your studies. You need to balance it with fun social things as well. Another important thing is the professors. When you visit a campus, ask to sit in on a class. This gives you a first hand look into how classes would be if you went there. Finally, never be afraid to ask questions. Ask as many questions as you can think of and that should help you decide if the school is right for you.

The best thing about Lawrence Technological University is the small class size. You get more personal time with your professors which helps you excell in your classes.

Kevin

Small campus that favors intelligent students more than struggling students.

Small campus that favors intelligent students more than struggling students.

Find a school with the social life your looking for, academically they are all the same.

Edward

They are best known to be a "hands on" school that focuses on preparing students for a career in engineering. They are not a research school where students learn how to learn like many of the large engineering schools are. They pride themselves on having small classes and a lot of one on one time with the professors.

I recommend starting at a local community college. They are much more affordable and it will help you decide if your chosen degree is something that you really want to pursue. In saying that, make sure that the courses that you enroll in transfer to the four year university that you are interested in.

They have issued laptops to every student but their infrastructure does not support the laptops. In the study areas there are not enough outlets so you have to plan ahead and conserve your battery.

Lawrence Technological University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.