Saint Louis, MO
Maryville University of Saint Louis

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Maryville University of Saint Louis

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself to apply to more colleges and keep my options open. I was so set on going to a small college, that I didn't look at the bigger universities to see what they had to offer. This mistake is actually causing me to transfer next year. Both small and large universities have a lot to offer, but they offer different things. It's important to keep your mind open and apply to multiple different types of universities so that you can make the best decision when the time comes. Although you might feel set on a certain type of college, it is important to look at the options and weight the pros and cons. I would also advise staying closer to home. At the end of senior year, all any seniors can think about is getting far away from home. However, once you are far away from home, and everyone around you gets to go home to their families and fresh cooked meals, you begin to regret your decision of going too far away from home.

I wish I knew that a lot of the clubs that were online weren't actually active in the school. I also wish I knew that a lot of people went home on the weekends, so there isn't much campus life.

I brag about the small class sizes and how our professors really care about us. Our professors do everything they can to not only teach us, but get to know us as individuals.

Kaylee

Maryville is innovative, vivid, and an all around amazing school to attend.

Maryville is innovative, vivid, and an all around amazing school to attend.

I would tell myself to follow my intuition. Changing schools in August is entirely possible, so don't stress out. Also, don't be afraid. College is a big place, but you will be alright. It's scary walking in and knowing no one, but it's worth every minute for the friends you will eventually make.

I believe everyone should attend this school, but if you're looking for a party school Maryville may not be the right choice for you. The campus is smoke free, and partying is frowned upon.

Brady

For private schools in general, the stereotype might be that only rich, spoiled, snobby kids would go there. However, at Maryville University, this couldn't be farther from the truth. The majority of people here are using financial aid to stay here, and everyone is as friendly as they come. The faculty and staff truly want to get to know you and your goals, and ultimately want to see you succeed. Even the students are excited and welcoming. When I took my first tour on campus, I felt at ease because it seemed like the tour guide was open about their own Maryville experiences and what this school had to offer. I am now the president of Maryville Student Government and a tour guide on campus, and I love spreading the same enthusiasm and excitement with other prospective students.

Angela

Whenever there are students that come to campus, visiting or even the incoming freshman, they all say the same thing. All the Maryville Students are so nice, and they really all. All of the student body are very nice, They are respectful. The students at Maryville are not nice to your face and then talk about you behind your back, they are all genuinely nice.

Keith

The student/faculty relationships are very unique. It is easy to speak with your professors at almost any time.

I would tell myself to make haste, and to take time to grow. Most high school seniors are more than ready to head off to college and enjoy the experience before graduation. I would emphasize that the time before college should be cherished. After all, it is the last chance to enjoy Mom's home-cooking, sleep in one's personal bed, and to enjoy the comforts of one's geographical location. Also, I would emphasize the importance of taking the ACT/SAT as many times as possible to enhance one's score. In doing so, this increases one's chances of getting more scholarship money and getting accpeted into more schools. Lastly, I would tell myself to apply to more than one school to allow for a wider range of selection choices. Moreover, if one does not get accepted into their desired school of choice, a number of different schools applied to act as a backup source.

I brag about the internship opportunities available.

Andre

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior the first thing I would have to tell myself is don't let this year pass you by without outstanding academic accomplishments because college is expensive and the better you do now the easier things will be. I would let myself know that despite the stress than hindered my focus in school that in time things would get better and right now academics is far more detremental to having a successful future. I would assure myself that college isnt easy but the struggle is worth it as long as you work hard in order to achieve that dream career that I desire. The last thing I would tell myself is that in college you are responsible for yourself what you do and don't do affects you and your family so being lazy is not an option and that the time to prepare yourself for this is right now.

Jacqueline

My classmates at Maryville University are friendly and outgoing. They are always willing to help out when you need it, whether it's sending you notes from a class you missed or helping with a project or homeowrk when you need it.

Your first year of college, you shoudl work less and study more. Working 60 hours a week and going to school full time is not the smartest decision. You should either work less or take less than a full load semester. Money will work its self out. Keep working hard at both work and your career and it will pay off. Don't think about giving up and don't be too hard on yourself.

Funding for the school is spent on things that most student body would agree could be better spent in other ways.

The worst thing that I have noticed in attending Maryville University is the price that it costs to be enrolled. It is very difficult for middle/lower class families such as my own to try to come up with the funds to attend this University.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior about college life and making the transition, I would have a fairly long list of advice to give myself. One of the most important pieces of advice I would give myself is that it is important not only to do what is required for the classes, but also attend some of the activities on campus. These are great ways to mingle and find friends and connections that may be important later in life. I would also advise myself that it is important to take a little time each day to relieve stress and anxiety, wether it be by drawing, going for a run, or hanging out with friends. It's important not to let stress build up so that every bump in the road seems like a big deal. Another piece of advice I would give myself is that it is important to begin setting up time strictly for studying and doing homework. Procrastination can be a huge burden in college, and even if you didnt have to study in highschool, it is necessary to know how and apply it in college life.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the low tolerance mindset of many of the students at the university. Because it is a private university there is not a lot of diversity available to open the minds of the students. It is almost as if it is expected that everyone on campus should be white, straight, and christian. It is frustrating to not be able to fit one or all of the criteria that is expected to fit in.

Missy

My classmates in the health professional classes I am in are very interactive and eager to help each other. Everyone peer teaches and learns from each other, as well as from our professors. Our classes revolve around group activities and projects so that everyone feels comfortable and friendly with everyone else in that class.

My college experience at Maryville University has been exceptional. I have grown as a person both intellectually and emotionally during my college years. This college experience allowed me to "grow up" in a quiet atmosphere where I could feel at home but still be living on my own. This campus is small and seclueded from the city life, and yet close enough that you are a twenty minute drive from downtown St. Louis where all the action is! There are plenty of extra curricular activities to keep you busy if you choose and plenty of quiet study areas to keep you academically focused. I learned to be culturally diverse and accepting, at the same time I was learning my own morals and values.

The best part about Maryville University is the spiral-style curriculum that allows students to learn information a little at a time in each semester or class. Then, the information is revisited in a later class or semester and more indepth information is added on. This allows students to learn in steps and also helps to reiterate the main focus.

Maryville University of Saint Louis administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.