Mercyhurst University

« See more reviews of Mercyhurst University

The one important thing about choosing the right college is not worrying about price. Money may be tough while going through college but you have to be happy in what you are doing in order to get out of college what you should. You can not sacrifice your happiness for money issues. There will always be a way to pay for things. Parents need to just make sure that the college fits what their child wants to pursue in life and their type of attitude.

Knowing what I know now I would tell myself to choose my friend very carefully because being with the wrong people can make you not able to be yourself. I would also tell myself that studying is probably the best way to go and not get books from the bookstore because they cost too much, order them online. I would also tell myself to be move involed in on campus activites and organizations because they really are fun and worth it.

My advice for you is to not focus so much on the partying. Focus on what matters the most, and will benefit you throughout life. I have experienced the parties and trust me they are not worth it. Your education is a big deal...dont ruin it from partying. As for finding a school, that all depends on your major. Find the school that best fits your major, as well as being close to family because family is everything.

When i go to the ARIZONA WESTERN COLLEGE, which is my current college, i am taught how to communicate and understand people from many different backgrounds. I am in major of Fine Art now. I love to express my emotion through events that i join, class i attend and the art works i make. I always want to do something, that's why i wish my works are not just for exhibition but for realistic purposes.

Take your time in finding the right college. Try and meet with the professors in your chosen field, as it will give you a good idea of what to expect the next four years. You can get a good feel on how much they care about their students in this meeting. Don't be afraid to look at different types of colleges, because you may end up liking one that you may not have expected.

Choosing the right college is one of the most difficult processes in life. Students should research and know what is important to them. Parents should hold back and only assist in the process, not make the decision. Overall searching for the right college should be fun and exciting so get out there, tour, visit and talk to other students. Good Luck!

First see what kind of majors are offered. Then, i would see if it was in state or out of state. Depending on what the parent/stundent agree on then i would go from there. But going to school in the same state is a lot cheapter than going to school out of state. Whatever best fits for the student and what he/she plans on doing after school. :)

Parents should allow students to make their own decisions about college because it is the student going there and not the parent. It is better to go someplace that you love rather than someplace that you will be miserable. It not important to know exactly what you want to do with your life just yet, so take your time and follow your heart.

Visit as many schools as you possibly can and pick whatever school you felt the most comfortable at. If you find a school where you feel comfortable you will most likely enjoy your time at school. No matter what the other characteristics of other schools have, choose the school in which you feel like you would fit in the best.

Create a detailed career plan for life after college, make sure the degreee you earn will provide the desired oppertunites. In addition, make several alternate or fallback plans that can be activated when roadblocks occur in the primary plan. Make meaningful connections with your professors.