Fayetteville, NC
Methodist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Methodist University

Josh

overall the campus i attend is a very friendly campus. it is a small campus so most of the students know each other and from what i have witnessed almost all of the students get along well with one another and i know for me personally i am friends with pretty much everyone on the campus that i know.

I loved highschool so much and I know that highschool was the best years of my life so I didnt want it to end at all. Most of the first semester I wasnt myself. I wouldnt reach out and try to become friends with other people because I was too busy moping in self pity wishing I could go back to highschool. Luckily now I realize that I cant bring the past back, but I can always remember it. So now what I do is I just make everyday one of the best days of my life and now with this attitude I have so many more friends. I am myself again, I am alot busier spending time with friends, in groups, and doing activities I love. I almost talked myself into going somewhere back home after the first semester because the beginning of college was so miserable. Luckily I didnt and if I could go back and tell myself something as a senior I would tell myself enjoy the days I have as a senior but once there done move on and enjoy the days of the future.

the worst thing about my school is the cost, i almost was not able to come back this semester because it was so expensive, luckily i got an RA position and was able to come back. but overall i love everything about this campus it is perfect for me. the roads and buildings seem kind of old though and could use some work but other than that there is nothing i strongly dislike.

Eduardo

It is a private school which means I can work with my professors on a one on one basis.

To take College more seriously and apply to more than one college. Take the time to explore every avenue open to me. Examples scholarships, grants, and majors.

To work hard in my middle and high school years keeping a high grade point average. To be more involved in community service and to start applying for scholarships as early as my first year of high school.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself I would tell myself just to be more outgoing with others. Living in a North Carolina hundreds of miles away from home I can not just go and see my friends back home whenever I want to. At Methodist it has taken me some time to meet and make friends so I would tell myself to be more outgoing. I would also go back and tell myself to start being more proactive and start getting my assignments done ahead of time because if you procrastinate in college you will soon become extremely over whelmed with the work load.

Any person who wants to obtain a degree in a varying range of fields should attend Methodist University. Methodist offers the Professional Golf Management program which helps students to become a PGA golf professional. Methodist is one of only a select few schools that offer this program. This school has a sort of small town feeling because it only has about 2,000 students. The weather in North Carolina is also beautiful.

I would say the most frustrating thing about my school would be the amount of financial aid they offer. Since I am an out of state student I am not awarded nearly as much financial aid as an in state student would be.

Methodist University is a small liberal arts school offering a wide variety of majors, above average facilities, and an intelligent faculty that nurtures and pushes students to explore ideas and to expect more from themselves.

1) Own your education and make it work for you. Up till now you have submitted to a process where others decided what books you would read and what subjects you would take. I want to tell you that college isn't like that, and in fact no one can look out for your educational needs better than you. So push your professors as much as you push yourself, ask questions, read everything, and don't be afraid because you can't fail if you honestly try. 2) Your favorite professors will be the ones you strongly dislike at first. They will push you hard and ask you to think in new ways. 3) Don't make excuses. If you mess up (and you will) a simple, sincere "I'm sorry" will do. 4) Value the people around you. Try to notice the things people are good at rather than the things they're not. Knowing how to work to people's strengths will help you as a manager in the future. 5) Be kind to yourself. Eat well. Sleep well. Exercise. Breathe.

Methodist works best for someone who is willing to take an active role in designing their education. If a student is passive or willing to simply follow the safe, well-trodden path outlined in by the school and major requirements he/she will miss out on the enrichment offered by interdisciplinary work. MU is a small school with a faculty and staff that will get to know each student and be able to call him/her out on innadequate performance. Students looking to skate by, get a degree, and get out should not attend this school.

My classmates are sometimes interested, sometimes lazy, but almost always very intelligent in their own right.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to listen to my heart and trust God. I battled back and forth between different schools, whether or not to play volleyball, and I struggled with what I wanted and what I thought everyone else wanted. As I look back on it now, I only wish I could tell myself that if I would just be patient, I would soon realize that God had a wonderful plan for me if only I would wait! The thing is, when I get stressed out and start trying to make decisions on my own, I tend to forget that God has already gone ahead of me and planned it all out for me, and all I have to do is trust in Him, and His plan will unfold right before me! So, if I could do it again, I'd tell myself that everything will turn out perfectly, even better than I could even hope for, so just wait!

Most students like to go home on the weekends, so it is difficult to get everyone involved in a campus-wide activity.

Lindsey

Advice to self two years ago: Self determination and setting a long-term goal. As a high school senior you had seen a lot, since the beginning of high school you felt overwhelmed and worn out. Not necessarily because of the work, but because of your ever changing life around you. Come on, you moved every single year during your high school experience! You met amazing people, and learned some of the most important things about life. But it is nothing until you get to college. College translates into one meaning as a young adult..."Freedom." You know what freedom felt like early on, but nothing can prepare you mentally for the first two years as a college student. You have to be prolific in your college life. You will learn that setting your goals and showing self determination will get you far. College is a wakeup call alright, and it strives for you to make decisions on your own that WILL impact your future. People can tell you over and over till they are blue in the face, but if you don't actually do things yourself, it will never be done and you will never learn your priorities.

Methodist University has the best student environment. Everyone, including the staff members are friendly, energetic, and passionate at the University. They strive to achieve thier goals, and strive to be helpful and kind to eachother. Our international program is really what sets this school apart from other schools, it shows that we are not afraid to be diverse and open to other cultures, religions, etc. Methodist University wants everyone to succeed and our student body really shows that spirit through abd through! I am honored to be attending this school. My experience so far has only been a posotive one.

This question does not exsist. You could be the most close-minded person to all of what our school stands for, but I guarantee that you won't be after one semester at Methodist University. Sure it may be a small school, but the student and facuilty here invites everyone with opened arms. No one here should feel left out, or like they don't fit in. Anyone should be allowed to attend this school and to personally experience the passion and drive that exsists here at Methodist University!

Cindy

The advice I'd give myself, is to chose the best college that supports my interest in my major to be studied in. Because you can never be too picky about the college that has your major. Also, to check how long they have been teaching your major. It is a key factor in your decision making about choosing the college of your choice. You wouldn't want to go to a university that has taught your major for two years, because then you wouldn't get the best educational learning experience.

The Meal plan is the best thing about the school that like alot. Students recieve prepaid dollars to student cards every beginning of the semester.

The instituiton is very expensive and I personally have the hardest time to pay for school. Books and supllies are way over priced. Another thing that frustrates me, is the area that I'm in- there really isn't much to do around here. The campus is small sized and activties are very limited.

This school is very friendly and the care a lot for there students...

This school is very friendly and the care a lot for there students...

The school is pretty much know for there music and soccer...

Please go visit the college before you make your decision. I knew my college was right for me when I walked in the door they knew my name, major, high school, and my parents name.. I felt like i was more that a number I was actually known in the thousands of people. I walk around campus and the administration know my name and will speak to you all the time.. That is how colleges should be. Just visit the school and see if you fit the campus.

Methodist University is best known for its diversified students, wonderful Professional Golf Management program, great academic achievements, and successful athletic teams.

Tour several colleges and universities of your choice. Attend the place that best suits the student's wants and needs. Choose a school that offers a major that interests you. Be mindful that college is expensive, so try to choose a place that you can see yourself attending for the next few years. Once your college career starts, get involved in extra-curricular activities, whether it be Greek Life, clubs, organizations, study groups, student government, or sports. Although it may seem difficult at first, try new things and step outside of your comfort zone. Sometimes the most unpredictable experiences lead to the best experiences and opportunities, and possibly lessons learned. Take advantage of the staff at places such as career services and tutoring services, besides your college tuition is paying for it whether you use it or not. Most of all, when choosing a college and beginning your college experience, remember that the next few years are what is preparing you for your future. Study, learn, meet new people, try new things, and have fun!

The small class sizes, as well as the friendly and helpful faculty and students are the best here at Methodist University! The campus is small and everyone knows everyone else by name. It is like a tight-knit community.

Methodist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.