Fayetteville, NC
Methodist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Methodist University

My school is best known for the Professional Golf Management program. There are over three hundred students attending Methodist University to study PGA Golf Management. The mens and womens golf teams at Methodist are also very strong because of the highly skilled golf players that attend the school. The Mens golf team has made NCAA appearances for the past 7 years and the Womens team have been the NCAA Division III Champions for the past twelve years. Methodist University was also nominated for Best Campus Programs by Campus Activities Magazine's People's Choice Awards.

Do not be so nervous about college. You are gonna do great. Study hard, but make sure you have time to do the things you love as well. Find a few clubs on campus that you are really interested in joining. They will make college so much more enjoyable for you. Make sure you always get your homework done on time so that you are not stressed out nearly as much. Set some goals for yourself. Your grades are important to you, but do not let them control your life. Study and do well in your classes, but do not freak out if you get a B on a test. It is okay. Meet as many people as you can, but make sure you also find that close group of friends as well. They will help you get through everything. Go on some adventures. Try things you never thought you would before. You may surprise yourself. You have a lot going for you. Do not give up. Remember the importance of perseverance in your life. If something does not happen the way you expect the first time, just keep going. Kid, you will move mountains.

The best thing about Methodist University is how the professors here really want to make sure you are learning and understanding the material. The class sizes are small, which makes for a more intimate learning experience. I have found that I am more comfortable asking questions in class because of the small classes. It is easy to find people to study with because you are able to meet other classmates and get to know them in the time you spend with them. This makes for an easy way to get involved in the happenings around campus as well.

Tia

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would like to tell myself to keep working and go for what I want, do not let anyone tell you your dreams are to big, and never give up on anything. Transition is a big change now that you are living on your own but you can always make that phone call home just to talk, do not be afraid of change and doing something out of the ordinary. College is a eye opener and you will find out who you really are or find out who you are capable of becoming. You will find somewhere to fit in and with the freedom you will learn how to manage your time and decide what is important and what is not to you.

The kind of person that should attend this school is the type of person that is active in sports and wants to take an active roll in there education. The type of student that is willing to do the work and also have a great college experience while doing it.

Methodist University is different from others because it is a small school were the professors know you by name and know where you are from. Your professors take an active roll in your learning and always want to help. The professors here are very understandable when you have to miss class for a sport as long as you do the work. This is a very hands-on shcool, working with the students and faculty together as one.

Josh

I loved highschool so much and I know that highschool was the best years of my life so I didnt want it to end at all. Most of the first semester I wasnt myself. I wouldnt reach out and try to become friends with other people because I was too busy moping in self pity wishing I could go back to highschool. Luckily now I realize that I cant bring the past back, but I can always remember it. So now what I do is I just make everyday one of the best days of my life and now with this attitude I have so many more friends. I am myself again, I am alot busier spending time with friends, in groups, and doing activities I love. I almost talked myself into going somewhere back home after the first semester because the beginning of college was so miserable. Luckily I didnt and if I could go back and tell myself something as a senior I would tell myself enjoy the days I have as a senior but once there done move on and enjoy the days of the future.

overall the campus i attend is a very friendly campus. it is a small campus so most of the students know each other and from what i have witnessed almost all of the students get along well with one another and i know for me personally i am friends with pretty much everyone on the campus that i know.

the worst thing about my school is the cost, i almost was not able to come back this semester because it was so expensive, luckily i got an RA position and was able to come back. but overall i love everything about this campus it is perfect for me. the roads and buildings seem kind of old though and could use some work but other than that there is nothing i strongly dislike.

Eduardo

It is a private school which means I can work with my professors on a one on one basis.

To take College more seriously and apply to more than one college. Take the time to explore every avenue open to me. Examples scholarships, grants, and majors.

To work hard in my middle and high school years keeping a high grade point average. To be more involved in community service and to start applying for scholarships as early as my first year of high school.

Any person who wants to obtain a degree in a varying range of fields should attend Methodist University. Methodist offers the Professional Golf Management program which helps students to become a PGA golf professional. Methodist is one of only a select few schools that offer this program. This school has a sort of small town feeling because it only has about 2,000 students. The weather in North Carolina is also beautiful.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself I would tell myself just to be more outgoing with others. Living in a North Carolina hundreds of miles away from home I can not just go and see my friends back home whenever I want to. At Methodist it has taken me some time to meet and make friends so I would tell myself to be more outgoing. I would also go back and tell myself to start being more proactive and start getting my assignments done ahead of time because if you procrastinate in college you will soon become extremely over whelmed with the work load.

I would say the most frustrating thing about my school would be the amount of financial aid they offer. Since I am an out of state student I am not awarded nearly as much financial aid as an in state student would be.

Methodist University is a small liberal arts school offering a wide variety of majors, above average facilities, and an intelligent faculty that nurtures and pushes students to explore ideas and to expect more from themselves.

1) Own your education and make it work for you. Up till now you have submitted to a process where others decided what books you would read and what subjects you would take. I want to tell you that college isn't like that, and in fact no one can look out for your educational needs better than you. So push your professors as much as you push yourself, ask questions, read everything, and don't be afraid because you can't fail if you honestly try. 2) Your favorite professors will be the ones you strongly dislike at first. They will push you hard and ask you to think in new ways. 3) Don't make excuses. If you mess up (and you will) a simple, sincere "I'm sorry" will do. 4) Value the people around you. Try to notice the things people are good at rather than the things they're not. Knowing how to work to people's strengths will help you as a manager in the future. 5) Be kind to yourself. Eat well. Sleep well. Exercise. Breathe.

Methodist works best for someone who is willing to take an active role in designing their education. If a student is passive or willing to simply follow the safe, well-trodden path outlined in by the school and major requirements he/she will miss out on the enrichment offered by interdisciplinary work. MU is a small school with a faculty and staff that will get to know each student and be able to call him/her out on innadequate performance. Students looking to skate by, get a degree, and get out should not attend this school.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to listen to my heart and trust God. I battled back and forth between different schools, whether or not to play volleyball, and I struggled with what I wanted and what I thought everyone else wanted. As I look back on it now, I only wish I could tell myself that if I would just be patient, I would soon realize that God had a wonderful plan for me if only I would wait! The thing is, when I get stressed out and start trying to make decisions on my own, I tend to forget that God has already gone ahead of me and planned it all out for me, and all I have to do is trust in Him, and His plan will unfold right before me! So, if I could do it again, I'd tell myself that everything will turn out perfectly, even better than I could even hope for, so just wait!

My classmates are sometimes interested, sometimes lazy, but almost always very intelligent in their own right.

Most students like to go home on the weekends, so it is difficult to get everyone involved in a campus-wide activity.

Lindsey

Methodist University has the best student environment. Everyone, including the staff members are friendly, energetic, and passionate at the University. They strive to achieve thier goals, and strive to be helpful and kind to eachother. Our international program is really what sets this school apart from other schools, it shows that we are not afraid to be diverse and open to other cultures, religions, etc. Methodist University wants everyone to succeed and our student body really shows that spirit through abd through! I am honored to be attending this school. My experience so far has only been a posotive one.

This question does not exsist. You could be the most close-minded person to all of what our school stands for, but I guarantee that you won't be after one semester at Methodist University. Sure it may be a small school, but the student and facuilty here invites everyone with opened arms. No one here should feel left out, or like they don't fit in. Anyone should be allowed to attend this school and to personally experience the passion and drive that exsists here at Methodist University!

Advice to self two years ago: Self determination and setting a long-term goal. As a high school senior you had seen a lot, since the beginning of high school you felt overwhelmed and worn out. Not necessarily because of the work, but because of your ever changing life around you. Come on, you moved every single year during your high school experience! You met amazing people, and learned some of the most important things about life. But it is nothing until you get to college. College translates into one meaning as a young adult..."Freedom." You know what freedom felt like early on, but nothing can prepare you mentally for the first two years as a college student. You have to be prolific in your college life. You will learn that setting your goals and showing self determination will get you far. College is a wakeup call alright, and it strives for you to make decisions on your own that WILL impact your future. People can tell you over and over till they are blue in the face, but if you don't actually do things yourself, it will never be done and you will never learn your priorities.

Cindy

The Meal plan is the best thing about the school that like alot. Students recieve prepaid dollars to student cards every beginning of the semester.

The advice I'd give myself, is to chose the best college that supports my interest in my major to be studied in. Because you can never be too picky about the college that has your major. Also, to check how long they have been teaching your major. It is a key factor in your decision making about choosing the college of your choice. You wouldn't want to go to a university that has taught your major for two years, because then you wouldn't get the best educational learning experience.

The instituiton is very expensive and I personally have the hardest time to pay for school. Books and supllies are way over priced. Another thing that frustrates me, is the area that I'm in- there really isn't much to do around here. The campus is small sized and activties are very limited.

Methodist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.