Moorhead, MN
Minnesota State University Moorhead

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Minnesota State University Moorhead

Lindsey

My classmates are okay people who come from various backgrounds and go to class in order to make their lives better in the future.

I say find a school that fits you. Don't try to fit yourself to the school. It just won't work. Go to campus events. Don't be afraid to join campus organizations, especially culture clubs and hobby clubs. Some of your best friends may be from another country. Don't be afraid to become an organization officer either. It's tough sometimes, but it'll be good for both your social life and your resume. Just don't let the social aspect completely dominate your life or you will flunk out of school.

I mostly brag about the on-campus apartments. I also brag about the price compared to some of the other schools around here. Not to mention the dragon mascot.

Kendall

Take the plunge and spend what you have to. You will spend a fortune anyways might as well get what you want out of it. Wish I would have.

It's very arts based. There are a lot of artsy people on this campus. I am a business major so sometimes for that reason I feel out of place.

I don't brag about MSUM. I mean- the people are friendly and the campus is nice but it was financially the best option for me. I have gotten accepted to the U of M 3 times but can never gather the funds to attend. I almost feel stuck in Moorhead.

Ben

It was a perfect size school for someone like me. The school has a smaller class room setting then most other university.

Take as many campus visits as possible. Also talk to people that have gone or are going to the school and see how they like it. Really put yourself on the campus and see if the student would really like the campus. If the student gets along with the campus and the staff and faculty are nice, it is up to the student if they would like to go there. Also check for tuition rates. Sometimes the more expensive school is not always the best school. It is what the student likes.

Do not really have anything that is bad about the school.

emily

choose what school feels right to you, not right to your parents or where your friend or boyfriend goes. if you dont you'll regret it, end up transfering and lose alot of money. when you are a freshman and you're anxious just know everyone else feels the same way so dont be afraid to socialize.

That when you attend orientation EVERYONE feels the same way as you. If I would've known that I would've made friends faster.

Matt

I thought it's size was unique, it was pretty small, and it had a "homy" feel to it.

Some advice would be... -Don't just go to a school because it's where all your high school friends are going. -When you first step onto a college campus, you will know right away if you like it or not, follow your instincts. -Research what schools have good programs in your areas of interests, for example, not all schools have good art programs etc. -Try your hardest to meet new people and try new things, remember that everyone else is trying to meet people too so it isn't actually that hard to do. -Get involved in something... intramurals... clubs...organizations...

My school is depressing during the winter if you don't have a niche of friends who support you and care for you.

College is not all about academics. It is also about finding yourself and making the best friends that you will keep for the rest of your life.

The best thing about my school is the people who are attending here. My friends are amazing, and I love them very much. I really like to meet new people and make friends of all sorts.

Caleb

For the most part I like my classmates. The girls are a little hard to talk to, but that's probably just because I'm a silly boy and I wouldn't know what to say anyway. I haven't had much problem with anyone really.

Make sure you go where you want to go. Don't worry about where your boyfriend or girlfriend is going, because college isn't the place for that and you can really mess yourself up. Financial aids and student loans are worth it if you're willing to work for them. Most of all just keep an eye out for what you really want to do, stick with your plan, because you never know what you'll have to do to tweak it.

I really like the atmosphere of this school, and the campus. Generally there's a nice brisk walk to class and to the different halls, and the school is pretty well located as far as where I want to be in town. Not nessecarily work, but who wants to be there anyway?

Shawn

some are very interesting, some are very immature, and others are just there

some are very interesting, some are very immature, and others are just there

find a person from your own town who has attended the school of your choice for at least 2 years and ask very strong centered questions regarding the dorm life, dining halls, respectfulness of the students towards each other. BE sure to save as much money each summer prior to the new school year so as to not have to borrow so much to go to school.

the incredible actions of the dorm mates that were so immature that I refuse to live on campus this year.

Minnesota State University Moorhead administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.