Moorhead, MN
Minnesota State University Moorhead

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Minnesota State University Moorhead

Robert

Minnesota State University Moorhead is a great school that offers a great deal of learning opportunities in and out of the classroom that will prepare you for a strong career and future.

Make sure you are ready to grow as a person. College is not a contiunation of high school it is the next step in discovering who you are and how you fit into the world. It is a time to discover what is important to you and how you plan to incoproate these discoveries into your world. While you might think college is for you right out of high school it may not be, take time to look at all of your options so you can make the best choice for you and no one else.

Minnesota State University has offered me many oppotunites to grow as an individual.

Katie

I would give myself the advice that no matter how much you want to hang out with your friends and be lazy it takes a lot of effort to get through the first year of college. You have to really tell yourself that it is all worth it in the end. The effort you put into the courses will make you feel better in the end once you get back the results. It isn't going to be easy to get through it but you have to learn to tough it out. Once you have that diploma in your hand and walk off that stage, you're an adult and have to start acting like one. Don't worry if you don't figure it out right away, it takes time, but you have to willing to put everything you have into it. Also, last piece of advice, work comes in handy so work when you can.

To be honest I wish I had known what it really took to get into some of the classes so I could have studied for my ACTs a little better.

That you have to have 2 drawing courses no matter what emphasis of the Arts you are going into .

Katrina

The campus is small enough to walk everywhere on campus, but large enough to feel like a college. It is also much more affordable compared to the other schools I had planned on attending when I was considering my options. This school has turned out to exceed my expectations more than I thought it would. It's much more social, and I also don't feel like I am just a number to the school.

Do not let anyone in high school who is bringing you down allow you to feel lowly about yourself. You have turned out to be an amazing and popular student at college because of your sense of humor and kind heart. You do not need to hang on to David forever because you meet someone better than him and closer. Granted, he moves, but at least he agrees to be your boyfriend and stay loyal to you until you graduate and move down to Florida with him. Also, do not fret about that elective class that you failed one semester. Dad was wrong, he said you shot yourself in the foot and look at me, your future self, who is in college as a Psychology major. Exceed his expectation and make him feel stupid for saying rude things about you. You are better than what he thinks, and you will have friends and a boyfriend to tell you that and reassure you of that truth. Continue to talk to Joe: he's a big help on making you feel better. Most importantly, remember that Mom will always be there for you through thick and thin. Good luck, and have fun.

The kind of person who likes to drink or party a lot because their GPA will drop harder and faster compared to the student who doesn't study as much as everyone else. This is also isn't the type of school for someone who slacked off a lot in high school. Unfortunately, I was kind of one of those students, but I have taught myself a method of studying that works well for me, and I am glad that I learned it so quickly.

Bridget

I would tell myself to calm down a bit and that there is nothing wrong with taking a rest now and again. I have learned some things while here and I would wish to share them, because I was rather high-strung when I initially got to MSUM. Telling oneself to relax just a bit, so one doesn't burn oneself out is generally a good idea. Along with that, I would possibly try to tell myself that, though psychology is a rather branching field, it really is worth it, for I had a few misgivings initially with being a psychology major when I first decided that would be my major during high school.

A student interested in psychology, business, or the arts is wise to come here. It may be a smaller campus than the other main campuses in the area, but it does add to the cosiness and it helps one avoid getting lost in the crowd.

I feel uncomfortable with both sides of gender stuff. Either there are jerks who heckle the trans students (I have a friend who kept hiding in her room because of it) here or people try to be openminded, but it comes across as tokenizing and people mistake gender role and gender expression for someone being trans. It is rather uncomfortable for me as a psychology major, what with how dysphoria (being trans) and gender nonconformity are separate things and are differentially diagnosed (gender dysphoria is treated, gender nonconformity isn't).

Cecelia

They are all very easy to get along with and are there to support you in your academic success. They are friendly right away from the first time you meet them and are type of classmates that will become live-long friends.

Although at times it might seem like the work overload is too much to bear, stick with it because in the end, the grades are worth it. If you don't work as hard as you can, then in the future you will regret not working towards your fullest potential. Remember not to overwork yourself though, and get some sleep. Remember what that word means? It's a glorious thing that you shouldn't take advantage of. It will help you keep a clear mind so that you can do your work and life more alert and awake so that you can enjoy it more. Also, don't be scared to try the clubs that they have there, because you will meet many great friends that will help you through your coursework and that will share fun times with you. Relax, do you schoolwork, and have a great time!

Because it is such a small classroom/small city/small school, you get to know everyone in your class as like a family. You make close connections and even become on a closer (yet professional) relationship with your professors as well. This is especially true if you are taking classes with the same professor and/or classmates more than one semester because you become really close to those you go to class with.

Maite

It is a good place to gain academic experience.

It is a good place to gain academic experience.

The best advise for myself as a highschool school student would be to learn how to balance life. The learning process of life does not consist of only succeding academically. Do not take life too seriously, but never forget to follow the rules and continue the path to your goals. Be able to spend time with your loved ones without forgetting to get your work done. Most importanly, don't forget to dance. This is your time to be a teen-ager. Dancing will keep you healthy physically and psychologically. Last but not least, sleep. The real responsibilities will come later in your life. Don't sacrifice your rest time for a trending TV shows, social networks, or even studying too much. Learn to take care of your mind and body without interfering with your goals and relationships.

Lack of diversity, mostly Caucasians. Cultures were treated in a stereotypical manner.

Rebecca

The uniqness of MSU Moorhead is that it is a small campus and everyone is friendly here. We all get along great. Even if we do not know each other, we will still hold the door open for others, greet one another, and are kind and caring to everyone we see around us. Moorhead is a unique campus that I am glad to be a part of.

If I could transfer back into time to my senior year in high school, I would tell myself to try my best with all of the school work and the homework handed out. I would tell myself that the ACT test is an important test that will follow you throughout college. I would also say to study hard for the ACT and to pase myself through it. When I was in high school, I didn't take the test seriously and I scored low. Now, because of it, I have to take a math course through the technical college. The advice I would give myself if I could go back in time would be to take the ACT test more seriously and to actually study for it.

I consider the best thing about this school is all of the different activities happening around campus. Almost every week there is something new happening. They are not just the same old activities either, there are different activities that fit everyone's interests. This is what I love most about this campus.

My classmates are usually intelligent individuals who care for not only their sucess, but for mine as well; thus, they are willing to assist me when I need as I am willing to assist them.

One of the first things I would tell myself is to start scholarships right away. There was never a "too soon" period that I thought existed. With each scholarship earned, there would have been less money needed to be received from alternative sources. This would me less loans and less money out of pocket. Furthermore, this would mean less stress; I would have saved myself the worry of whether or not I would be able to finish a full year of college. Another point I would make to myself is that college is nothing like high school. Individuals are more free to express themselves in college and to ultimately be themself. Therefore, there was no need for the worry that I would be different and therefore and outcast. College came through in every part I had hoped it too. Now it is simply up to me to come through and finish my education.

Before coming to this school, I would have like to have known exactly what my dorm room was like. A better description would have been useful. Before moving in, I was very worried that I had packed too much stuff. Therefore, I left a portion of the clothes and things I was originally planning on taking at home. Needless to say, I have a lot of spare room and not enough clothes to last me a complete month before having to do laundry.

Sierra

If I could go back in time and give advice to myself as a highschool senior, there are three things I would say. First, don't be afraid to make friends and meet new people. Friends can be extraordinary resources and loads of help when you need it most. There are times at college when you'll never feel more alone... leaving your old high school friends behind, your family, and your pets. It can be rough on even the toughest of souls. Having friends to cheer you up and make you laugh along the way is extremely valuable. Second, take time for yourself. Take time away from the studying, reading, researching, and late nights. Yes, grades are important, but not as important as your physical and mental health. Most people take their health for granted - including me, but not anymore. After being diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis the summer of my freshman year at the ripe old age of 19, I learned to take advantage of the few days I felt healthy and pain free. A grade is something you forget about in a week, but your body is irreplaceable. Take care of it. Lastly, just go and experience life.

Before I first attended Minnesota State University Moorhead, I wish I had known how many painstaking hours I'd spend studying, reading, and doing projects. That way I could better manage my time and actually have a social life. I hate turning down hangout invitations with my friends because I have homework to do.....everyday.

I think the worst thing about Minnesota State University Moorhead is the Book Buyback program. Yes, it's wonderful that they even have the program in the first place, but the amount of money a student gets from selling his/her book back to the school at the end of the semester is usually a huge rip off. I've spent about $70 on a textbook before, and they offered to buy it back for roughly $6. College students need all the money they can get, and once they hear that, it really lets them down.

They are very outgoing people. They are willing to help each other out, and are a great group

Academics is number one! Go to every class and be awake and prepaired. Friends will always be there, class is the most important. I would also remind myself to stick with it. It may seem overwhelming and tough, but anything worth doing is!

The program. I looked at other schools and loved this one. The program is organized and available online and in class. It provides opportunities for all learning types.

Minnesota State University Moorhead administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.