Oceanside, CA
MiraCosta College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend MiraCosta College

Bailey

Look towards the light. This isn't where you're going to be in a few months. All your depression will be lessened and you will be happy. You may not believe me but it will be trust me. You're going to take your first class at a community college and you're going to be fine. Your anxiety will be a little higher than usual but you'll soon settle in and make friends. What you're dealing with now is just high school drama and it will pass. It may seem like its dragging on and on but it will be worth it in the end. Once you are settled in, the time will fly by quickly. You hate change we both know this, you act like you don't when in reality you can't stand it. Your past experiences have you biased but this time the change will be good. So please don't try to take your life because it will only make things more compllicated and harder for you to bounce back from. You're going to love college and the small amounts of freedom that come with it. Let it flow.

People who highly value their education and are willing to put lots of time and energy into it are the type pf people who should attend this school. They should be willing to work hard and be able to seperate their social and school life from each other. A person who likes a lot of space and has an extroverted personality would do well here.

Larry

It is a school that has three campuses, and it is known to be a commuter school. It is very efficient in helping students by offering free tutoring, workshops dealing with various issues, service learning volunteering, interships and jobs through the career center, and transfer information through the transfer center. Every other thurdsay, the school offers a college hour for its students that has free food and a live band. The teachers and administrators are always very helpful, and always offer support to its students.

I would tell myself to still go to MiraCosta college and even begin taking classes in the summer before. At first I wasn't sure what I wanted to do career-wise, but it would've helped if I could tell myself to start taking the business and accounting classes as soon as possible. I would take more summer classes so that I could transfer sooner, and I would participate in our campus' student activities from the beginning. I would tell myself to apply for scholarships as I had been working a lot during my time in college, and I could have used the time to complete more classes and focus on receiving better grades. I would also tell myself to take advantage of the free services that my school offers, such as tutoring and the transfer services. Participating in my accounting/business club from the beginning would have been nice as well, as I had learned a lot about the potential career paths I could take upon graduation. Whenever I was struggling in a class, I never took advantage of my professor's office hours. I could have had better grades if I had done this from the beginning.

It is a commuter school, so finding school spirit from the students is more challenging. I wish there were more students on campus throughout the day as well, as opposed to most students coming on campus in the morning through noon. Most students have an off campus job, so they cannot stay on campus as long as others. This limits the time some students can have socializing with other students, but it is convenient in the fact that the school offers many classes on each campus throughout the week so that students can attend their jobs.

Andrew

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have to let myself know that I would make an easy transition. The hard working kid that I was back in high school would transition into a hard working adult trying to fulfill his dream as an Electrical Engineer. The only area of study that I would have to let myself know to try more on would have to be C++ programming and spend more time in office hours.

The professors here at MiraCosta try so hard to teach the students! Its amazing how down to earth they are as well.

I think the worst part about MiraCosta College is the library. The way it is designed is the bottom floor is used for a computer lab while the top floor is mainly to study. The problem that I have with this is the bottom floor is loud and voices can be heard from upstairs. Other than that I enjoy the college.

Amy

First, learn how to apply to FAFSA and apply before the deadline! If you're going straight to a university and apply late, there's a possibility all the grants have already been distributed. Second, don't procrastinate on your personal essays. Your future depends on the content of your essays so don't eliminate a life changing opportunity for yourself. Third, always remember why you are going to school. You are going for a purpose and not to waste your time, energies, and money. Learn how to prioratize things because otherwise you will fail in school and have to retake the classes. Most importantly, take a class that is transferrable to a university and make sure you like the class-if it's not a mandatory class. If you are not interested in the material, you will most likely become uninterested or have a hard time focusing in class and completing the course work.

One in every 20 teachers are weird or not the best teachers at explaining material

Students who are serious in furthering their education and transferring to a four year university.

karen

Sometimes, some decisions can change our lives even if they are small ones. Many can think that going to college is a small step, but I think is the contrary. For me, going to college changed the perspective of how I see my life. Attending college was an interesting experience because I can fell that my dreams can become true. In addition, we can feel that it is not much, but it is more than it appears. It is an important step that will become valuable someday. I say is valuable because it helps me to be more mature. At first, going to college is hard, but the effort is worthy. Also, I realized that education is an essential part in my life that can help me to achieve everything.

Miracosta College is best known for it's quality education at a low cost.

Miracosta College is best known for it's quality education at a low cost.

I have gotten many things from my college experience. I have received a quality education and the confidence to attend a 4-year institute with no worries. It has been valuable to attend because I was able to complete my first two years of college, at low cost, with the knowledge and confidence to move forward in my education. In addition, I feel more prepared for my future and my future career.

When I brag to my friends about my school I often discuss the warmness of every staff member at MiraCosta College. From the first time I walked in I was immediately greeted with a friendly face. Everyone I met after that was dedicated to helping me and making my experience better. My teachers were all genuinely sincere and helpful whenever necessary.

Nicola

What i will say to you on this very day is congratulations on your accomplishments thus far. You have come a long way baby! Your educational journey, your self discovery and discovering more about the world each day has led you to this place of transition, renewal and amazing growth. I am proud of you..... There is much i can say about life and learning and could talk to you for hours. What i have learned thus far comes not so much from a formal education but from living life and experiencing myself, people around me, nature, events along with moments in time. I can say that i would not change anything because everything has brought me to where i am today which is on solid ground about to take more steps, about to write my own song, about to create a new recipe, and very much eagerly anticipating each new day with a sense of contentment and renewal that i have never experienced in this way. My words are limited so they must have significant meaning so here goes, Love, Dream, Inspire, Develop, Create, Grow, Value, Embrace. See your magnificence in your smile, your heart, your spirit & your soul.

Jeffrey

I believe the most important thing I would teach myself as a high school senior would be the ability to prioritize. To understand what was most important at a given time and to take action. Through out my college career I've been a professional procrastinator, but as of recent I've discovered how I can make myself do things in a mannerly time and with a more professional style. Additionally these skills have also helped me learn efficient budgeting skills, which would have been a significant advantage to have learned as a senior in high school. The ability to prioritize, organize, and act according to the situation at hand is critical when wanting to become a professional student in college, for me these were hard learned skills that took practice to perfect. If I were able to go back in time and teach myself a lesson about college life and the transition to college, I would advise myself to think critically about what has to be down, what can be done, and what doesn't need to be done; that way a more informed decision can made in reguards to what should be done, when, and in what manner.

Before coming to my school I wish i would have known about the ability to rent books online rather than having to buy them. I could have saved a lot of money that I could have used for other supplies. I also wish that I could have understood the importance of using the school library. The Miracosta library is an incredible facility that in recent semesters has been intrumental in my studies, if I would have taken advantage of its services earlier I could have completed many assignments much better and easier.

The thing that frustrates me the most is the overly lax attitudes that many of the students carry. Often times while I'm on campus I am reminded of high school by the other students behavior and attitudes. They don't show any passion or commitment in classes, they are immature in the halls, and often times act without taste or tact. College is supposed to be an esteemed place of learning, and often times students don't seem to notice. For me it is the common lack of professionalism amogst the students that is most irritating about my school.

Melissa

I would say "Melissa, dropping out of high school is not a good idea. Heres why : you would not even bother to take the G.E.D test until you are twenty three, and you forgot how to do math, and will have to take classes to get better. To make things even more difficult, you have a small child at home who you now have to leave when you go to class, to learn how to pass the test. Once you finally do that, you will go back to the same old job, and you will soon realize that you need to make some changes in order to do the right thing for yourself, and your child. You would start attending college, only to realize you cant work full time and go to school full time, and be a full time single mother. The choices you make in the next two years are going to change your life. Think about what you really want and go for it. Do not fool around, do not party, and take the time to think logically when making a decision. School will only get better over time, I promise.

The worst thing about my school is that it does not offer a program that I am interesed in taking. It is a Radiologic Technology AA degree. It is the closest school to where I live, and it would be really great if it offered that program.

Anyone who is looking to satisfy their general education requirements. There is also other certificate programs as well as continuing education programs to better your job skills.

ruben

My community college used to be reffered as "Harvard on a Hill", transfer rates are exponential and the professors which currently teach at the school are well above par. Excellence is a great way to describe the school. Their departments are all full of dedicated professors willing to help students advance towards their most desired goals. It is one of the best community colleges in the state of California. The success rates of students exceeds expectations, and the atmosphere is one of the best available. It provides further encouragement for student

If i had to offer a few good words of advice to myself as a high school senior, I would begin by lecturing myself about the importance of preparedness for college. I would tell myself applying for scholarships would be a big advantage to starting off college, for it allows an opportunity to win free money. Cash that can pay off many of the expenses that come along with attending school. I would also urge myself to look for programs around the campus, groups that could possibly support me financially. After all, colleges have many programs available that are free, which is something to consider taking advantage of. Another piece of advice I would give myself, would be to get an idea of what I might want to do in the future. Attending college without a clue of where you are going is dangerous, for classes cost money and credits drain financial aid opportunities. Taking whichever classes is not a smart technique, taking general education classes first is a good idea, they are transferable and necessary. One last notion id give myself would be to inform myself about transfering, as well as the classes needed, they are extremely vital.

Well first of all, I let them know that Miracosta College has one of the highest transfer rates one could imagine. Many of the students that attend the campus usually move on to Universities to pursue their main goals. I like to bring up how my grades have been very legitimate during the semesters I have attended at Miracosta College. It really proves my school is successful in helping students progress towards success. I also like to emphasize the atmosphere which Miracosta Belongs to, it provides views of the ocean as well as the mountains. Great for relaxation and work.

MiraCosta College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.