Rochester, NY
Monroe Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Monroe Community College

Devin

Monroe Community College is a college in Rochester,NY that has a small campus in a way but who's students are so diverse ! The diversity is what i noticed first. Now let me first say i went all the way to Rochester from the BRONX (6 hour drive) So when i had seen it was one of the most top rated Community Colleges in the country i just knew i had to go here. I always wanted to begin college with Community. The dorming experience is great depending on who you are connected with. It's what truly makes the college experience special but i will say if you have a Roommate you don't like or are having issues with there are ways to act upon this appropriately. RA's can be a bit of party pooper at times if you are making yourself a target but hey i get it it's there job. Facilities are amazing ! I haven't even been to all of them but the Library is really a helpful friend if you need some alone time or really need to study. Again Overall i think MCC is a wonderful college but depending on the College student's mindset and or goals, it can make or break the experience.

Kristen

This is a great place to find your career path; it's very affordable and hassle free. Everyone, from professors to the financial aid office, is there to make sure you find the best options for you. The small class sizes allow for more hands on learning and deeper discussions.

Wanya

It is a solid institution. Friendly individuals who aren't afraid to accept others into their groups. The professors vary but most get the job done. The administration is quite active in communicating with the students. Student life can improve a bit. Overall, with scenery and the vibes of both campus, as well as everything I stated above, MCC gets an A-

Cortlynne

My overall opinion about MCC is that it's actually a great place to start based off of my experience with my professors. People say that college is different from high school because the teachers don't care but I haven't had that with my professors at all. Every professor that I've had I've made a connection with. They know my name, help me outside of the classroom, and are just great people in general. I still talk to the professors that I don't have classes with anymore. That's the best thing I would say that comes out of going here. I will say that the school environment is a bit dull but then that's where your personal challenge comes in. That's where you have to make it what you want. There are clubs but they're quite silent unless you go out and find them to try and participate. Events do happen but I think that they aren't advertised correctly to have people really involved. The food is ok but the selection doesn't change, it's literally the same thing everyday which is just boring and expensive.

Catrice

Love it great first year experience, the dorms are nice

Love it great first year experience, the dorms are nice

Gina

Mcc is best known for an education for an affordable price.

Mcc is best known for an education for an affordable price.

The advice I would give myself if I were to go back in time would be to take school more seriously. I would tell myself to stick with it and still give it my all even for my senior year. I would also tell myself to try and take a few AP classes so that I could start at higher level classes in college to save time and money.

Some one who wants to save some money and be able to work or live at home should attend Mcc.

Debra

The advice I would give to mtself would be to never give up. I have always wanted to be a Nurse. It is my passion and when I see Seniors from High School who just enver put forth the effort to go to School and make a difference. Knowing what I know now about College life and making the transiton, the good advice would be stay in school and graduate. The way the ecomony is today and the job market. You will need a College Degree and more. So, to all the High School Student out there, be somebody, amke a diffefrence, make your parents proud, and not onlt that make yourself proud. The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

I think one person might not want to sign up to attend this College is a person that is not sure of his or her self. It is important to want to go to College and be successful. It is important to make it happen, if fnot then wht bother.

I brag most about the professors. They are fantastic. I'm proud be hear great things from other people that have attend Monroe Community College and can give thoughts and opinions about their experience there.

Jazz

A great community to learn and the instructors take their time to help anyone

A great community to learn and the instructors take their time to help anyone

schedules that are easy to work around

To apply for the right college the first time that way my finacial aid wont be taken away from me

Ariel

My classmates were very diverse and friendly. Most classmates communicated with each other, especially if someone had a question or was having troubles with a particular course. Some of my classmates approached me for help and I would approach otheres when I needed help.

Ariel, Take it easy. You think you want to be a doctor but life choices and experiences will lead you where you are suppose to be. I know you are beating yourself up for denying that small scholarship to University of Rochester, but don't. You only applied to Monroe Community College and maybe you should have applied to more colleges to broaden your options, but Monroe Community College is good for you. You love to help people and you will do just that at MCC. You will find yourself above the average college student there academically but that's okay. This will give you the chance to help people with their grades and meet new friends. You may want more challenging classes but MCC will provide you with the basics that you think you already know but you really don't. Don't put MCC below you because it is honestly over your financial standings; don't put anything below you. You need to work your way up and you will do exactly that. You will be able to work and go to school and save money. Don't take a single day or class for granted. Always smile.

Monroe Community College was an easy transition from High School to College but is an extremely well known Community College around the nation. You receive the education you need for a fraction of the price and class sizes as a university.

Michele

My school has the most amazing dorms, which were built within the past 10 years. The dorms are huge and they give you an amzing experience to meet new people through all of the activities and events. Mnroe Community college also has great professors, for a much lower price. My professors and advisors have helped me so much already to figure out what path I want to take in order to acheieve my career and further schooling goals.

If I could go back in time to my senior year of high school, I would tell myself to work harder on applying for scholarships. I am extremely happy with my choice to go to community college, but if i had scholarships for it, my pursuit to go to a University in the future would have been much less expensive. Scholarships are an extremely important part of college that you ignore as a senior because you are excited about starting a new life and having freedom. I recently went to my high school and told this advice to current seniors so that they can keep in mind how important it is to research ways to pay for college.

I wish that I knew how many people lived so close. Obviously, since it is a community college, people live close, however, it is tricky on weekends and breaks when people go home and I cannot. I live in New Hampshire, therefore, going home is not possible for me on weekends. I wish I had thought about this ahead of time, but luckily I have extended family close-by that I stay with and work for when my friends go home.

Monroe Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.