Mount Saint Mary College

« See more reviews of Mount Saint Mary College

I think it is important that the student makes connection with the staff an other students around campus. They should investigate the program or study they are most interested and what will be expected of them in the next four years. Some schools offer trimesters and more hands-on education, some have smaller privte classes, and some offer large lectures and diversity. Being in a comfortable environment is very important for success-this is your home for 4 years, and it is an experience you will remember for the rest of your life.

Make sure your child is very much interested in the majors the school offers because if they are not there is no reason for your child to be going to this school. It doesnt offer very diverse majors because of being so small so just make sure they are interested in the majors offered before enrolling your child. Also knwo that it isnt a flat rate for credits after your become full time. NO MATTER WHAT you pay per credit which can cause frustration just from watching my own father deal.

My advice to parents and students searching for the right college is to be open minded. Don't look at schools with a set in stone expectation because most likely you will not find your perfect school. To make the most of your college experience the student needs to be out going and once again open minded. you can't be afraid to throw caution into the wind and try something different. To really make the most of college you need to take chances, while being safe and having fun.

Visit a lot of colleges. Dont be afraid of asking questions when you're on campus, it is so important to research the community the school is in and what surrounds it. Try to observe campus and see what it seems like, the type of students who go there, how vivacious it is etc. Above all go with your heart and parents... dont try to force your child into chosing a school that you want them to go to. Remeber, if you're unhappy you will not be successful.

Being 25, I feel quite silly going back to school full time. However, I feel like I am finally ready to learn what is needed in order to become a lawyer. I don't start classes for another couple weeks but I can tell you I am so excited yet a bit nervous. I have been to the campus a few times and I feel like I can do anything I want. I hope that once classes begin that feeling doesn't change.

Visit colleges during senior year in high school to get a good feel for the environment. Look at college web sites & talk to current students while visiting the college to see what their experiences are like. Make a good group of friends from your dorm and classmates in order to have a support group available. Study hard but have fun during your free time.

Parents: get involved, talk to your friends about their college experience, research with your children types of schools and majors and financial situations Students: You'll never see scholarship money entering college freshmen year if you transfer. Apply wisely! Choose your school after many campus visits and research!

Parents must learn to let go and allow their child to be more independent and accept more responsibilities. You MUST visit the school beforehand to make sure it is the right choice. In order to have the best college experience, you must be interactive and very open-minded.

Pick the college that best suites your personality. If you are shy, consider a smaller school where there are more teachers availble to assist your learning needs. All college's are fun so go with your gut instinct. Visit the colleges you want, more vists the better.

Make sure that you are happy with your decision. Do not go to a school just because your friends are going there. Take the time to learn everything you can about the schools that you are applying to and choose the one that best fits for you.